+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
It's not about the ability to process outland applications, it's about delaying it while travel restrictions are in place to avoid spending time with extending CoPRs etc down the line.

Yes we will live with the virus for a long time, but what they mean is that they will have vaccinated every willing adult by then, and restrictions can start to be lifted. It will be several years before covid is eradicated (if it ever is), but given enough immunity, the R0 will be low enough for entire communities not to be at risk.
It’s about capacity though. Putting all resources on CEC and processing time is still 9-10 months on average. FSW processing will be slow when they decide to resume and getting copr will take a long time. I am not asking them to issue copr but not touching the files for a year is not good for any fsw applicants.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
It’s about capacity though. Putting all resources on CEC and processing time is still 9-10 months on average. FSW processing will be slow when they decide to resume and getting copr will take a long time. I am not asking them to issue copr but not touching the files for a year is not good for any fsw applicants.
I see many CEC everyday in facebook saying that they got CoPR, some of them even have AOR from only 3 months ago.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
While all eyes are on Canada’s vaccination progress, I can’t help but wonder if eventually they would allow COPR/visa holders who’ve taken an approved vaccine to enter Canada, probably once they meet their vaccination target by end of June. What do you guys think?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
While all eyes are on Canada’s vaccination progress, I can’t help but wonder if eventually they would allow COPR/visa holders who’ve taken an approved vaccine to enter Canada, probably once they meet their vaccination target by end of June. What do you guys think?
Many countries have begun talking about Vaccine Passport. Some even plan to implement new policies to allow people who have been vaccinated to enter even without the need to quarantine. If you ask me about Canada, why not?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You mean to say IRCC are planning to stop FSW program in this year? Can you throw some light in this matter...
No, i meant to say all i've said is the resumption of FSW will probably not commence until later this year and it may even restart next year.

The same people here who said i was preaching negativity are now saying something far worse, that there's even a possibility that FSW will get cancelled. How are they not being overly pessimistic and negative then?

There is absolutely no indication that FSW will get cancelled, and there would surely be discussions here on the fairness of that, i would definitely not feel it's fair and i'm sure many people here would speak out against that.

This is only covid related, as soon as the situation improves FSW will restart. But it's the people who think FSW will restart soon who i think are being unrealistic and not following the actuality of events in Canada.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I see many CEC everyday in facebook saying that they got CoPR, some of them even have AOR from only 3 months ago.
Average means average. Of course there are a lot of variations for individual cases. They are not working entirely based on AOR.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I am more optimistic about FSW processing speed in the future. They are definitely still processing FSW now, just slower and not issuing CoPR after a decision. From following this forum, it seems that the majority of FSW apps with pre-covid AORs have received a decision, it is just that CoPR has not been issued due to travel restrictions.

And there have only been 40,400 ITAs given in "all program" draws since April 2020. Some reasonable chunk of those are not actually FSW but CEC - a complete estimate, but let's call ~80% are FSW. So you're not really looking at a big backlog.. that's only 35k or so FSW apps since covid, which is much lower than the volume from 2019.

Reactions: armitabbsn

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I am more optimistic about FSW processing speed in the future. They are definitely still processing FSW now, just slower and not issuing CoPR after a decision. From following this forum, it seems that the majority of FSW apps with pre-covid AORs have received a decision, it is just that CoPR has not been issued due to travel restrictions.

And there have only been 40,400 ITAs given in "all program" draws since April 2020. Some reasonable chunk of those are not actually FSW but CEC - a complete estimate, but let's call ~80% are FSW. So you're not really looking at a big backlog.. that's only 35k or so FSW apps since covid, which is much lower than the volume from 2019.
Pre-covid has been more than a year now and the work was one before covid not after. Only 35K? They issued a total of 38,809 ITAs to FSW in 2019.
I knew they have added more officers to work on cases but it's pretty obvious that they are not assigned to work on FSW.
Optimism is because anything is better than nothing.

Reactions: guelphite

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have relatives in Ontario, I can see the vaccination speed has increased significantly. It looks 70-80% of Canadians would surely get first dose of their vaccine by June...therefore, I assume by June FSW would resume.

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I just have to add here that @Talal205 mentioned they currently have a score of 404. So even a high B2 in French would only get them to 468. It might actually be lower than that because the bonus for french is contingent on getting an NCLC7 in IELTS as well. So their best bet is to actually increase IELTS to get to 460+ and then french to get to 470+ (with a low B2) or 500+ (with a high B2). Unfortunately, one of the two will not suffice.

I'd say go mess around with the CRS calculator to see what combination you actually need. Based on what they've mentioned, high IELTS + french is the only way they stand a chance. Or PNP if they are in the right field of work. Incidentally 460 also seems to be the sweet spot for Ontario tech draws.
Thank you for all that info. Actually I did study French for six years at school back home but I hate it very much so I was such a failure in it. Now I hardly know any word.
It is still a valid option that I have to consider. So, again, thanks for the info.

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
On a related note, my NOC is 1111 and I have over three years of experience. But right now I'm working as a Data Entry Clerk (NOC C - 1422) so that I have enough time to study because as an accountant I couldn't find the time.
In my EE-work history will that be an issue? Will I have to get a reference letter for this too? I mean as I've got the maximum points from my main NOC the rest will not be important right? Or is it better not to mention it at all?

Meharpreet13

Oct 22, 2020
On a related note, my NOC is 1111 and I have over three years of experience. But right now I'm working as a Data Entry Clerk (NOC C - 1422) so that I have enough time to study because as an accountant I couldn't find the time.
In my EE-work history will that be an issue? Will I have to get a reference letter for this too? I mean as I've got the maximum points from my main NOC the rest will not be important right? Or is it better not to mention it at all?
Claim points for your work exp under NOC 1111. For work exp under noc 1422, dont claim any points. Just mention your work done/being done as data entry clerk under the personal history section.

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi, everyone! Just want to ask, if IRCC has been delaying FSW-O applications, do you think they're delaying processing for FSW-Inland applicants too?

Status
Not open for further replies.