+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
I just have to add here that @Talal205 mentioned they currently have a score of 404. So even a high B2 in French would only get them to 468. It might actually be lower than that because the bonus for french is contingent on getting an NCLC7 in IELTS as well. So their best bet is to actually increase IELTS to get to 460+ and then french to get to 470+ (with a low B2) or 500+ (with a high B2). Unfortunately, one of the two will not suffice.

I'd say go mess around with the CRS calculator to see what combination you actually need. Based on what they've mentioned, high IELTS + french is the only way they stand a chance. Or PNP if they are in the right field of work. Incidentally 460 also seems to be the sweet spot for Ontario tech draws.
Thank you for all that info. Actually I did study French for six years at school back home but I hate it very much so I was such a failure in it. Now I hardly know any word.
It is still a valid option that I have to consider. So, again, thanks for the info.

Reactions: mushymush

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
On a related note, my NOC is 1111 and I have over three years of experience. But right now I'm working as a Data Entry Clerk (NOC C - 1422) so that I have enough time to study because as an accountant I couldn't find the time.
In my EE-work history will that be an issue? Will I have to get a reference letter for this too? I mean as I've got the maximum points from my main NOC the rest will not be important right? Or is it better not to mention it at all?

Meharpreet13

Oct 22, 2020
On a related note, my NOC is 1111 and I have over three years of experience. But right now I'm working as a Data Entry Clerk (NOC C - 1422) so that I have enough time to study because as an accountant I couldn't find the time.
In my EE-work history will that be an issue? Will I have to get a reference letter for this too? I mean as I've got the maximum points from my main NOC the rest will not be important right? Or is it better not to mention it at all?
Claim points for your work exp under NOC 1111. For work exp under noc 1422, dont claim any points. Just mention your work done/being done as data entry clerk under the personal history section.

pankyy

May 28, 2020
Hi, everyone! Just want to ask, if IRCC has been delaying FSW-O applications, do you think they're delaying processing for FSW-Inland applicants too?

mike93

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Reactions: guelphite

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Hi, everyone! Just want to ask, if IRCC has been delaying FSW-O applications, do you think they're delaying processing for FSW-Inland applicants too?
There is no inland vs outland in the IRCC system. Only CEC is processed at full capacity including both inland and outland. All other applications are basically on hold (it depends on the visa office but most are stuck at Ottawa without any movement).

mushymush

Oct 19, 2020
Immigration related announcement. I don't think it'll add any FSW related information, but here's the link. So far, it's just been self-congratulatory bullsh*t that nobody cares about. Hopefully they get to relevant stuff soon.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Hi...How did you get this information. I mean you say that most are stuck at Ottawa without any movement
People call and order notes and can see the progress so based on the information Ottawa has not touched FSW applications for a few months now. There is even a change.org petition which thousands of people signed.
Ottawa is the largest office and it much larger than any other offices so many FSWs were assigned to Ottawa.

DXB@2021

Apr 12, 2021
People call and order notes and can see the progress so based on the information Ottawa has not touched FSW applications for a few months now. There is even a change.org petition which thousands of people signed.
Ottawa is the largest office and it much larger than any other offices so many FSWs were assigned to Ottawa.
Thanks for this info..

FurioGiunta

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.