+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys,
I'm a new member trying my best to understand the process.
As far as I understood from above posts, FSW candidates outside Canada with scores of 467 and above are getting ITAs but no further steps are taken, is that correct?
Will ITAs expire later on? if so, should a candidate restart the whole process from scratch?
FSW's have not received invites this year so far, only CEC and PNP candidates are getting invited. If ITA expires, you need to create a new EE profile and wait for a new invite.

Renee2219

Nov 14, 2016
They simply can't get enough CEC's to meet their target. Travel restrictions will be in place till the Fall atleast. They are likely picking inland candidates in stages. The big one was last month since Canadian experience has always been gold. They won't wait for the CEC's to fill up the pool.

They can also avoid the trouble of changing the EE system by filtering the pool and only considering inland applicants.

Just recently I had to resubmit my application due to an expired test report. I was asked whether i reside in Canada or not. It's easy to filter. Only IRCC can make it official.

The minister has even pinned a tweet and given multiple interviews emphasizing inland applicants. They don't want people to feel hopeless and leave I guess.
Yes, looking at all the points that you've mentioned I think it is quite rational to think that they wouldn't let any inland applicants walk away just like that. Because each one has a unique scenario and not all of them manage to hop on the other side of gaining 1 year Canadian experience in the given time frame, especially during a pandemic.

Reactions: coolgal

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Considered some of those, but a bit pricey for me. I already have a MSc from a reputable USA university, just trying to get a degree from a recognized Canadian university, to help build canadian experience and start with a job that's not lower than the one I currently have.
Nice. Congrats !!

Reactions: BlindGoku

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
Considered some of those, but a bit pricey for me. I already have a MSc from a reputable USA university, just trying to get a degree from a recognized Canadian university, to help build canadian experience and start with a job that's not lower than the one I currently have.
Some cheap universities for graduate school in Canada include Memorial University and University of Manitoba.

Reactions: BlindGoku

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Immigration key to Canada’s recovery from #COVID-19. Immigrant population to contribute $157 billion to Ontario real GDP and $36 billion to Quebec real GDP in 2021. Full Report: scotiabank.com/content/dam/sc… #cdnecon #onpoli #qcpoli

Reactions: sgoldsmith

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
That is truly heartbreaking, I am trying to understand this - I am not sure if OP has all stages passed and waiting for PR before denial or OP's eligibility has passed and waiting for next stages before denial? This could change our thought process regarding all the stages.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
That is truly heartbreaking, I am trying to understand this - I am not sure if OP has all stages passed and waiting for PR before denial or OP's eligibility has passed and waiting for next stages before denial? This could change our thought process regarding all the stages.
A denial can come at any stage of the application. Once the officer spots something that isn’t right, the application doesn’t move further until the issue is sorted. If it’s an issue that warrants a denial, you will probably get it at that point. I’m not sure why this persons application was rejected but it is really heartbreaking.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Reactions: Uncle Yayo

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
A 16 month wait for a rejection has to be related to Security surely. Even by the most insane IRCC standards, that is a long time for a file to be parked.
I agree with you. Even though I don’t want to speculate. But, it’s most likely the case that his application was parked this long for security reasons. But you know, IRCC sometimes parks cases for other issues. I know a guy that his application was parked for a year. When he applied for GCMS, he got to understand that his employment letter was not in the right format, and the officers had been trying to verify some details but unable to. After that he got new employment letters and submitted via webform. He received PPR 10 days after submitting the webform.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I agree with you. Even though I don’t want to speculate. But, it’s most likely the case that his application was parked this long for security reasons. But you know, IRCC sometimes parks cases for other issues. I know a guy that his application was parked for a year. When he applied for GCMS, he got to understand that his employment letter was not in the right format, and the officers had been trying to verify some details but unable to. After that he got new employment letters and submitted via webform. He received PPR 10 days after submitting the webform.
So GCMS really can come in handy if one wants to verify the progress of his application. I think OP was caught off guard, assuming that his application had taken longer time due to the pandemic.

Dollarwise

Mar 22, 2021
How soon can a student create an ee profile? I intend applying for my study permit. So I want to know if I can create a profile while still applying for my sp

Status
Not open for further replies.