Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the info. I've checked out the link. There seems to be 2 choices of GCMS, 1) e-GCMS and 2) GCMS+. Which one should I order? And can you advise on whether I should go for IRCC or CBSA? Thank you for your time in replying to this.
If you only need the GCMS notes ho with -GCMS and use the CBSA consent form to request your notes from cBSA.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon someone asked this in a group chat: Morning everyone,, since IRCC is prioritising applications from immediate families,, can one apply for AL without ppr to facilitate Processing?
AL will not prioritize your PR application. You can apply for a visitor's visa and get an AL and travel to Canada.

Reactions: Cadlady

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the info. I've checked out the link. There seems to be 2 choices of GCMS, 1) e-GCMS and 2) GCMS+. Which one should I order? And can you advise on whether I should go for IRCC or CBSA? Thank you for your time in replying to this.
Better off with GCMS from CBSA, you can also try the new decision engine to help choose which option is best https://bit.ly/3vKoIbQ PLUS you can also electronically sign the consent form and there is no need to print any forms

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
GCMS can be ordered by the link.... It may take more than 90 days seeing the present condition...
https://getgcms.com/order-now
https://gcmsnotes.com/gcms-from-ircc-vs-cbsa/
Government agencies like IRCC, CBSA or CSIS can take 90 day extensions to process requests for information from them (e.g. GCMS/CBSA/CSIS notes), they are not common though and when taken they are seen more with IRCC.

The unfortunate part is that IRCC has categorized 3rd party GCMS providers into tiers when it comes to extensions.

As a result some 3rd parties will fairly consistently receive 90 days extensions when you get gcms while others receive 60 day extensions

These actions of IRCC were revealed in response to an ATIP request and are an undisputed fact.

If interested in reading more about time extensions and associated FAQ's see https://bit.ly/2NmpUjP

Reactions: Sethu510

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I just got alerted in my profile that my application was denied... im shaking right now, how could this have happened?!?? I did everything right, I submitted all the documents and forms correctly... and i have been waiting for so long.. Nov 17th Outland AOR Sydney NS office. What the hell just happened? are they just rejecting applicants who are still waiting? What the fuck is going on??

So thats it? Just like that its over? Does anyone know if rejections are happening for other Outland applications from 2020? Is there a way to appeal the decision? Or do i have to start from scratch?

This is utter nonsense. I kept so many plans on hold since 2019 thinking that this will come through, but not only has there been an insane delay on the final decision, they actually rejected me. I don’t believe this. What an utter disappointment, what was the point of spending all this time and effort and money on this fucking process if it was all for nothing? I feel destroyed and completely hopeless. My future is a big black hole with this news now.

to all those still waiting, please don’t feel disheartened reading this, but just be prepared for anything cause i have no idea how they are making decisions. I am so upset right now. If there is no way to appeal the decision, no fucking chance im applying again from scratch. fuck that. Good luck guys, don’t do this at the cost of your mental health. That’s all i can say.
Hi @ninjastarred76 ,

This is truly heart breaking. I am sure a lot of others felt your pain just like I did. It is really uncalled for and perhaps one of the most unexpected outcomes for you. It must be really painful to see that mail after more than a year of waiting, especially when critical and crucial decisions in your life are resting on its fulcrum.

Along with the shock that most of us felt with this news, I am sure most of us are a lot more scared than we were before. I know it is a lot to ask as you are still reeling in the news, but if you can share the reason for your refusal or what was mentioned in their correspondence, it will be an immense help for us all.

Hope you can put this behind you and muster enough courage to power on and come back fighting...

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
I just got alerted in my profile that my application was denied... im shaking right now, how could this have happened?!?? I did everything right, I submitted all the documents and forms correctly... and i have been waiting for so long.. Nov 17th Outland AOR Sydney NS office. What the hell just happened? are they just rejecting applicants who are still waiting? What the fuck is going on??

So thats it? Just like that its over? Does anyone know if rejections are happening for other Outland applications from 2020? Is there a way to appeal the decision? Or do i have to start from scratch?

This is utter nonsense. I kept so many plans on hold since 2019 thinking that this will come through, but not only has there been an insane delay on the final decision, they actually rejected me. I don’t believe this. What an utter disappointment, what was the point of spending all this time and effort and money on this fucking process if it was all for nothing? I feel destroyed and completely hopeless. My future is a big black hole with this news now.

to all those still waiting, please don’t feel disheartened reading this, but just be prepared for anything cause i have no idea how they are making decisions. I am so upset right now. If there is no way to appeal the decision, no fucking chance im applying again from scratch. fuck that. Good luck guys, don’t do this at the cost of your mental health. That’s all i can say.
I am sorry about this. I think you might stand a chance to appeal their decision if you think the reason for denial shouldn’t be the case.
First thing you need to do is read the refusal letter to know the grounds for their action

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I called IRCC to check on the option of "Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident", to see if it will facilitate my PR application by giving me a travel exemption. Sadly this provision is only for Visitor Visa and can be used if you want to go to Canada and stay there for as long as your VISA is valid, of course hoping at the same time that your PR application processes in which case you can just re-enter the border and get your PR process complete.
I didn't want to go for this option as I won't be able to work with a visitor visa plus my company here won't allow me to work remotely from Canada.

I did ask him about my application status to which he replied that everything is good and the final decision is put on hold because of the travel ban. This gives me some kind of relief, but am still a bit worried seeing how one among us got a rejection for his PR application.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
I wonder if the delay has anything to do with which country the applicant is from, considering some seem to have gotten their PPRs. I'm from Malaysia.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I wonder if the delay has anything to do with which country the applicant is from, considering some seem to have gotten their PPRs. I'm from Malaysia.
Each application is different and the time to process it will be based on many criteria. Factors such as the complexity of your application, the verifications required, the office where your application is being processed, and the work load at tune office are all factors.

Just because you are from a specific country does not by itself make a difference.

NicoHughes

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
That's crazy, brother, and you have the right to be very upset. It is very strange to receive a rejection without also receiving the letter. Could it be accidental? I don't know but it does happen. I strongly recommend you to order GCMS right away. You may use a third party to order the notes. The one I use and used by many on the forum is GET GCMS - Order GCMS notes online from immigration Canada

Call them also on Monday. Yes, it is difficult to get on the queue but keep trying till you get connected and get on the queue. That's how I got to them by keep redialing.

For my first application, I too got rejection but with the letter. It was shocking as when I received the email I expected a positive update. That application was rejected for incompleteness after waiting close to 100 days. But nothing close to yours.
Did you receive BIL/MEP before getting rejected due to incompleteness?

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020

I am shocked and my heart sank imagining myself in your situation. Sorry to hear this. Colossal waste of time and this needs to be declared in every application going forward in your life. Since they never issued you PFL, is this due to some criminality etc? Did you fail to declare any previous VISA rejections or convictions (I guess one needs to declare even minor ones like traffic?) ? If I were you, I would use getgcms.com and immediately order one for records. I would also hire a competent immigration lawyer to remove this rejection remark especially if I know its by mistake. Please do let us know the reason so that atleast the new applicants can be careful. Thanks and good luck with your investigation. I suppose you should have called IRCC by now.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020

Did u find reason behnd rejection, this is totally absurd.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019