+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niv43

Sep 30, 2020
Hi guys, I have been following this forum for a while now and I have read so many good input from many members. I have couple of questions that I would appreciate your help with.

1. I am currently waiting for my TCF canada results which I believe would get me over the cut off score required (currently at 465), however both my and my wife's Ielts results will expire by next december, so in case (hopefully) i get an ITA in the next round, and submit before the end of the month, does the IELTS results get locked in after AOR or i need to provide another test that would be valid throughout the processing time?

2. I dont know if you can help me with this but i will put it out there. My wife is venezuelan and her passport expired a while ago but she got an extension that is valid until next february. On IRCC website it states that the passport need to be valid for 6 months, however acquiring a new venezuelan passport is almost an impossible deed. The website states that for venezuelan passports we need to add 5 years on the expiration date of the passport in case it is expired which is not our case, so if anyone have any idea or guidance regarding this issue i would really appreciate it. Shall i add 5 years on the date of the extension or leave it as it is.

3. Finally, is there a way to contact IRCC from outside Canada to get any guidance on filling the profile and the application process for specific cases. The number on their website is only from inside Canada and the web form is just for after the application stage.

Thank you in advance.
I'm a noob here but I believe I can answer your one question. If you get your ITA before your ielts score expires then it's locked and you don't have to retake ielts

Reactions: Mahersa

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi guys, I have been following this forum for a while now and I have read so many good input from many members. I have couple of questions that I would appreciate your help with.

1. I am currently waiting for my TCF canada results which I believe would get me over the cut off score required (currently at 465), however both my and my wife's Ielts results will expire by next december, so in case (hopefully) i get an ITA in the next round, and submit before the end of the month, does the IELTS results get locked in after AOR or i need to provide another test that would be valid throughout the processing time?

2. I dont know if you can help me with this but i will put it out there. My wife is venezuelan and her passport expired a while ago but she got an extension that is valid until next february. On IRCC website it states that the passport need to be valid for 6 months, however acquiring a new venezuelan passport is almost an impossible deed. The website states that for venezuelan passports we need to add 5 years on the expiration date of the passport in case it is expired which is not our case, so if anyone have any idea or guidance regarding this issue i would really appreciate it. Shall i add 5 years on the date of the extension or leave it as it is.

3. Finally, is there a way to contact IRCC from outside Canada to get any guidance on filling the profile and the application process for specific cases. The number on their website is only from inside Canada and the web form is just for after the application stage.

Thank you in advance.
I'm a noob here but I believe I can answer your one question. If you get your ITA before your ielts score expires then it's locked and you don't have to retake ielts
Only age gets locked at ITA. Everything else should be valid / not expired by AOR. So your IELTS results should be fine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents.html there are instructions for Venezuelan passports.
Follow these steps, if the printed expiry date has passed, and you’re creating a profile or submitting an application under Express Entry:

1. Add 5 years to the printed expiry date shown on your passport and enter it in the expiry date field when creating your profile or submitting your online application.
  2. Include a letter of explanation with your application stating: “I am a Venezuelan national with a Venezuelan passport, which has been extended for five years.”
Warning: If your passport is still expired after adding 5 years to the printed expiry date, you cannot use it to create a profile or submit an application through Express Entry.

#3. I don’t think there is though - you can try the IRCC Twitter account (but these are not IRCC agents). Express entry is meant to be DIY but if your case is complicated better consult an immigration lawyer.

Last edited:

Mahersa

Nov 27, 2019
Only age gets locked at ITA. Everything else should be valid / not expired by AOR. So your IELTS results should be fine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents.html there are instructions for Venezuelan passports.
Follow these steps, if the printed expiry date has passed, and you’re creating a profile or submitting an application under Express Entry:

1. Add 5 years to the printed expiry date shown on your passport and enter it in the expiry date field when creating your profile or submitting your online application.
  2. Include a letter of explanation with your application stating: “I am a Venezuelan national with a Venezuelan passport, which has been extended for five years.”
Warning: If your passport is still expired after adding 5 years to the printed expiry date, you cannot use it to create a profile or submit an application through Express Entry.

#3. I don’t think there is though - you can try the IRCC Twitter account (but these are not IRCC agents). Express entry is meant to be DIY but if your case is complicated better consult an immigration lawyer.
Thank you for your reply, my question was whether it gets locked in after AOR which you have answered.

For the second part, this is exactly what i read on their website but our is not the same as they indicated especially with the extension that we have. I really appreciate your answer.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you for your reply, my question was whether it gets locked in after AOR which you have answered.

For the second part, this is exactly what i read on their website but our is not the same as they indicated especially with the extension that we have. I really appreciate your answer.
I’m no expert so just throwing what I understand of the process and what I read. the express entry application is on average can be completed in 6 months, and with COVID, it would take longer. If your wife’s passport will expire in feb even after adding 5 years, it will be less than the 6 month validity requirement. I don’t think you can use it. “If your passport is still expired after adding 5 years to the printed expiry date, you cannot use it to create a profile or submit an application through Express Entry.”

I guess, this is where letter of explanation comes - quote what you find in the IRCC website, challenges and expected timelines on getting a new Venezuelan passport,

just my thoughts. Wait for other’s comments.

Aug 21, 2020

Thank you in advance.
Please check this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/08/canada-recognizes-the-extension-of-validity-of-venezuelan-passports.html

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Just to give us all some hope. The process of my application has been in good progress. I have updated my signature as below.
Hey @joconstantine , have couple dumb questions:
1) do you know if applications proceed if no biometrics are provided? VAC is currently closed in my country
2) where do you see the IP1 and IP2 update?

Just fyi - AOR sept 5th, and MEP/BIL last week

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
1) do you know if applications proceed if no biometrics are provided? VAC is currently closed in my country

Hi Goku,
a. I am no expert, so I cannot advise on this :)
b. When I logged in, the application status (1st page) said "Application status updated". After I had clicked and viewed the application, the status turned back to "Submitted". The background check message has changed twice (False IP2 -> IP1 -> IP2).

Reactions: BlindGoku

Mahersa

Nov 27, 2019
I’m no expert so just throwing what I understand of the process and what I read. the express entry application is on average can be completed in 6 months, and with COVID, it would take longer. If your wife’s passport will expire in feb even after adding 5 years, it will be less than the 6 month validity requirement. I don’t think you can use it. “If your passport is still expired after adding 5 years to the printed expiry date, you cannot use it to create a profile or submit an application through Express Entry.”

I guess, this is where letter of explanation comes - quote what you find in the IRCC website, challenges and expected timelines on getting a new Venezuelan passport,

just my thoughts. Wait for other’s comments.
Thank you, that is what i plan to do, after adding the 5 years it is still valid so i will do that and include the LOE explaning the whole situation and hope for the best.

Mahersa

Nov 27, 2019
Reactions: CanadaNewbieON

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just to give us all some hope. The process of my application has been in good progress. I have updated my signature as below.
Congrats! :)

Yes, the application continues to process. There have been some on MyImmiTracker whose entire applications have finished processing and all they needed to do to finish was submit biometrics.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
FINALLY!

Category:
FSW
ITA: September 30
AOR: October 5
Medicals: Upfront

Is IRCC still progressing the applications after AOR without Biometrics as VFS centres are closed in India? For outland applicants with no biometrics history before. Or does the application get stuck? Any insight will be good.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
FINALLY!

Category:
FSW
ITA: September 30
AOR: October 5
Medicals: Upfront

Is IRCC still progressing the applications after AOR without Biometrics as VFS centres are closed in India? For outland applicants with no biometrics history before. Or does the application get stuck? Any insight will be good.
IRCC will still process the application without Biometrics, so you don't have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.