+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Just to give us all some hope. The process of my application has been in good progress. I have updated my signature as below.
Hey @joconstantine , have couple dumb questions:
1) do you know if applications proceed if no biometrics are provided? VAC is currently closed in my country
2) where do you see the IP1 and IP2 update?

Just fyi - AOR sept 5th, and MEP/BIL last week

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
1) do you know if applications proceed if no biometrics are provided? VAC is currently closed in my country

Hi Goku,
a. I am no expert, so I cannot advise on this :)
b. When I logged in, the application status (1st page) said "Application status updated". After I had clicked and viewed the application, the status turned back to "Submitted". The background check message has changed twice (False IP2 -> IP1 -> IP2).

Reactions: BlindGoku

Mahersa

Nov 27, 2019
I’m no expert so just throwing what I understand of the process and what I read. the express entry application is on average can be completed in 6 months, and with COVID, it would take longer. If your wife’s passport will expire in feb even after adding 5 years, it will be less than the 6 month validity requirement. I don’t think you can use it. “If your passport is still expired after adding 5 years to the printed expiry date, you cannot use it to create a profile or submit an application through Express Entry.”

I guess, this is where letter of explanation comes - quote what you find in the IRCC website, challenges and expected timelines on getting a new Venezuelan passport,

just my thoughts. Wait for other’s comments.
Thank you, that is what i plan to do, after adding the 5 years it is still valid so i will do that and include the LOE explaning the whole situation and hope for the best.

Mahersa

Nov 27, 2019
Reactions: CanadaNewbieON

ZAtoCD

Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Just to give us all some hope. The process of my application has been in good progress. I have updated my signature as below.
Congrats! :)

Yes, the application continues to process. There have been some on MyImmiTracker whose entire applications have finished processing and all they needed to do to finish was submit biometrics.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
FINALLY!

Category:
FSW
ITA: September 30
AOR: October 5
Medicals: Upfront

Is IRCC still progressing the applications after AOR without Biometrics as VFS centres are closed in India? For outland applicants with no biometrics history before. Or does the application get stuck? Any insight will be good.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
FINALLY!

Category:
FSW
ITA: September 30
AOR: October 5
Medicals: Upfront

Is IRCC still progressing the applications after AOR without Biometrics as VFS centres are closed in India? For outland applicants with no biometrics history before. Or does the application get stuck? Any insight will be good.
IRCC will still process the application without Biometrics, so you don't have to worry about it.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
So many people worried about this. I wish there was a big noticeboard here that said that permanently. :D
Why dont you make a separate forum explaining that and few other things such as processing times in covid, processing steps in covid? And also other things that you may be aware of and newbies not.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Got an email today to check the application and there was a request letter, which is basically asking to send the passport and photographs within 30 days.

A little aloof with the whole process - is this the PPR?

Application received - October 9th 2019.
Hello Congratulations please tell us your visa office till now and from
Which email did u get email? I am from USA as well. High hopes. Thanks

Last edited:

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hello.

do you guys know if the agents take into consideration the exchange rate from the day of the PoF letter or the day they are reading the letter?

If dollar goes up 5 cents then I don’t have the money anymore.

Reactions: Shubham6120

ZAtoCD

Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello.

do you guys know if the agents take into consideration the exchange rate from the day of the PoF letter or the day they are reading the letter?

If dollar goes up 5 cents then I don’t have the money anymore.
That sounds very risky to me. I would definitely try make sure you have enough that exchange rate fluctuations don't throw you out of the funds bracket.

To my knowledge, you need to have sufficient funds (according to their table) from the moment you enter the pool to the moment you cross the border to activate your PR.

Last edited:

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
That sounds very risky to me. I would definitely try make sure you have enough that exchange rate fluctuations don't throw you out of the funds bracket.

To my knowledge, you need to have sufficient funds (according to their table) from the moment you enter the pool to the moment you cross the border to activate your PR.
You're right. I'll try to add more money until next month. Thanks for answering