+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aruncnn

May 26, 2020
Thank you for your response Issygn !!

Question(s). What makes an application simple?
Do you think providing mode documents makes it complicated or simple given the IRCC is only asking for Experience letter?
I have paystubs from the past 2+ years. Its been more than 5 years since I stopped working for the first company and moved out the country, not sure if I can find my paystubs somewhere. I raised a request with my employer for the experience letter for that period. I can even request them to sign a notary if need be.

My question again! What makes an application simple? Does adding offer letter, LOE, etc. makes it simple? or only providing for what the IRCC asking for makes it simple?

I was planning to just do the experience letters and few of latest paystubs as suggested by the official website but now I am taking a meticulous effort.
You don’t need to be worried as long as you can prove that your work experience was within the 40hour stipulated period. Work experience is a kinda complicated thing and IRCC knows how to do the maths so remain hopeful.

The only thing i am totally sure of is that your application will be processed more faster if you keep it simple.

I
Thank you!!

Last edited:

onevanlife

Jan 12, 2020
Have a Q for everyone here who is already in Canada working (please tell me if this is the wrong thread)....

The longer you work in Canada the higher your score goes up right? (due to Canadian experience contributing to the score)....
so is your strategy just to keep working until your score is high enough (like 470+) or wait for draw to be low enough?
That seems so uncertain.... are you all still fairly hopeful, just waiting for the score to be high enough, or any of you nervous and losing hope?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have a Q for everyone here who is already in Canada working (please tell me if this is the wrong thread)....

The longer you work in Canada the higher your score goes up right? (due to Canadian experience contributing to the score)....
so is your strategy just to keep working until your score is high enough (like 470+) or wait for draw to be low enough?
That seems so uncertain.... are you all still fairly hopeful, just waiting for the score to be high enough, or any of you nervous and losing hope?

Thanks
Keep in mind that while your score does go up with more Canadian work experience, depending on your age, you are also losing points at the same time.

The score is the bit that's unpredictable of course. So yes, it's uncertain. How much runway you have depends quite a bit on your age right now.

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Suggestions about the following:
-Did studies abroad for a semester (August - December) in Sweden. Was there a combined time of 130 days, but with lesiure travel, I splitted that time in 40 days +45 days + 40 days

-Worked/Biz travel in Brazil for 80 days, with some travel in between, I have 50 days + 31 days

-Worked in the USA from 2 years, but my base (salary and home) was in México, but traveled a lot. On occasions stayed in hotel, and other, the company payed apartments

How should I categorize those times?
I'm in a similar situation, keen to hear if anyone has experience with this.

I was working for a UK based company and was working on a project for a US client. Within the space of 24 months, I spent 18 months in the US on business trips (split up in 5 different different trips varying in length, between 3 months and 6 months at a time).

I lived in three different apartments in the US paid for by my UK employer. Two of the US apartments were leased in my name and I expensed the rent. I gave up my UK apartment lease during this time, as it was more cost effective to stay in Airbnbs when coming back to the UK than leave an apartment mostly unoccupied.

I've drafted my application and included my US addresses in address history for this time period, and also included my time in the US in travel history as business trips (since I was never really a resident in the US - still worked for UK company and got paid in the UK, etc).

Does anyone have any insight if this is acceptable to include in both address and travel history? Should I include any LOE?

I guess I'm slightly concerned that IRCC will see my work history as working for a UK company but my address history suggests US residence for that time period.

Reactions: BlindGoku

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Thank you for your response Issygn !!

Question(s). What makes an application simple?
Do you think providing mode documents makes it complicated or simple given the IRCC is only asking for Experience letter?
I have paystubs from the past 2+ years. Its been more than 5 years since I stopped working for the first company and moved out the country, not sure if I can find my paystubs somewhere. I raised a request with my employer for the experience letter for that period. I can even request them to sign a notary if need be.

My question again! What makes an application simple? Does adding offer letter, LOE, etc. makes it simple? or only providing for what the IRCC asking for makes it simple?

I was planning to just do the experience letters and few of latest paystubs as suggested by the official website but now I am taking a meticulous effort.

Thank you!!
There is no specific standard to determine or explain if an application is simple or not because it all depends on the VO handling each case.

However, we all know 4+3=7 but when you start telling someone that (7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x7x0)+7=7 you start giving them reasons to do more calculations to confirm your claims and this will definitely increase the processing time of your result so keep it simple.

Sappad Sewall

Jul 6, 2020
Hello friends,

I am here at 468 patiently waiting for the ITA. I hope we all get it soon.

I have question for pcc. Can someone please help me?

So my special scenario is like this - I was studying in india for 3 years in the last 10 years, but I have all my family in Bahrain. As a result I travelled up and down (did not have residence visa in Bahrain at this time) not constantly staying in India during the time I study there. After study i returned to Bahrain and I am doing job here. I am sure I have not stayed in India continuously for 6 months. This means I only need pcc from Bahrain right.

I appreciate you time and response

Regards
SS

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello friends,

I am here at 468 patiently waiting for the ITA. I hope we all get it soon.

I have question for pcc. Can someone please help me?

So my special scenario is like this - I was studying in india for 3 years in the last 10 years, but I have all my family in Bahrain. As a result I travelled up and down (did not have residence visa in Bahrain at this time) not constantly staying in India during the time I study there. After study i returned to Bahrain and I am doing job here. I am sure I have not stayed in India continuously for 6 months. This means I only need pcc from Bahrain right.

I appreciate you time and response

Regards
SS
I will answer as per the government page here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html.

"Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application".

So, in essence, you may benefit yourself by getting one anyway, but it doesn't seem like you need one to apply unless you've been there for 6 months or more consecutively.

Sappad Sewall

Jul 6, 2020
I will answer as per the government page here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html.

"Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application".

So, in essence, you may benefit yourself by getting one anyway, but it doesn't seem like you need one to apply unless you've been there for 6 months or more consecutively.
Oh I see. Thank you!

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
I am at 469 and hoping to be drawn soon though my spouse is redoing IELTS on September 12th to increase our score to 471. I have a question on the process after ITA though...

We are pregnant and my country does medical x-rays with protective shield only after 3 months pregnant. We're only 6 weeks pregnant, so I was wondering if this affects the processing of our ITA (we'll do full medical test once my spouse and I get to the 3 months-pregnant mark for the x-ray).
Will the medical test indicate we're pregnant and allow for baby addition after birth or how is such a scenario handled by IRCC?

I'm the principle applicant and we loose points in November for age so fingers crossed

Thanks.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I am at 469 and hoping to be drawn soon though my spouse is redoing IELTS on September 12th to increase our score to 471. I have a question on the process after ITA though...

We are pregnant and my country does medical x-rays with protective shield only after 3 months pregnant. We're only 6 weeks pregnant, so I was wondering if this affects the processing of our ITA (we'll do full medical test once my spouse and I get to the 3 months-pregnant mark for the x-ray).
Will the medical test indicate we're pregnant and allow for baby addition after birth or how is such a scenario handled by IRCC?

I'm the principle applicant and we loose points in November for age so fingers crossed

Thanks.
It doesn’t delay processing of ITA but instead it delays that of medical result.

you can always add your child after birth and show proof of funds for your addiction.

In order to make things easier, you are expected to attach an LOE as the case may be.

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
It doesn’t delay processing of ITA but instead it delays that of medical result.

you can always add your child after birth and show proof of funds for your addiction.

In order to make things easier, you are expected to attach an LOE as the case may be.
Thanks.
The letter of explanation is best done while submitting documents? To say that we're pregnant? The medical tests will not show that we're pregnant since the full medical test will done with a shield x-ray once three we're 3 months into the pregnancy? Technically if we get invited in August we can have the full medical tests done at the end if September and submit full documents. Or it's also good that I say we're pregnant as well while submitting documents?

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi guys, I was hoping some of you could shed some insight here.

So my NOC is 2147. I have masters degree from one of the worlds most reputed university in UK. However when I came back to my home country I had to join the skill force at relatively low wage. 3 years later I have switched to one of the top multinational company in the country with top salary. My NOC or JD has not change in past 3 years. However, I am worried if cic sees my initial salary it might rise some red flags!

My question is, does CIC bother about the salary at all? My work experience, letters from My previous employer, job responsibilities Everything is legit. I have got tax return papers, Electronic salary deposits to support my experience. Just the initial 1st years salary was below average. Shall I be worried?

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi guys, I was hoping some of you could shed some insight here.

So my NOC is 2147. I have masters degree from one of the worlds most reputed university in UK. However when I came back to my home country I had to join the skill force at relatively low wage. 3 years later I have switched to one of the top multinational company in the country with top salary. My NOC or JD has not change in past 3 years. However, I am worried if cic sees my initial salary it might rise some red flags!

My question is, does CIC bother about the salary at all? My work experience, letters from My previous employer, job responsibilities Everything is legit. I have got tax return papers, Electronic salary deposits to support my experience. Just the initial 1st years salary was below average. Shall I be worried?
They don't care about salary unless it has something to do with your POF. They just want to know that you were paid for the job you are claiming points for. And since you have the tax returns and salary deposits, you can include it but it's not necessary.

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
They don't care about salary unless it has something to do with your POF. They just want to know that you were paid for the job you are claiming points for. And since you have the tax returns and salary deposits, you can include it but it's not necessary.
Thanx a lot. It has nothing to do with my POF. I made a Fixed Deposit of my entire fund needed 2 years back. I have been maintaining that and more now. POF should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.