Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I don't understand the correlation between easy PRs and how it will help the government get more votes? PR doesn't come with the condition that you have to vote for a certain party. Not sure how these new immigrants will help the government win the election. They can choose to vote for the other party once they become citizens. Maybe I don't understand the politics in play here.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
"
Ms. Long put it succinctly: “People were already eligible … to be in Canada. I don’t see any reason at all for us to spend any more resources on trying to get them to be requalified for this.”[297] Mr. Holthe told the Committee that “PR applicants trapped outside with expired COPRs … must be landed in 2020.” He added that IRCC should “just issue the travel letters.[298]

Mr. Ojo recommended that the authorization letter should be automatic, not conditional. He also recommended that IRCC waive the need for new medical exams as well as any other document that may have expired.
[299]

"
Back then, some people didn't want to understand how illogical was the "but CoPRs expire, that's why IRCC doesn't want to issue more of them and that's why FSW is put on hold" excuse. These witnesses also show how illogical it all really was. And the obvious recommendation is stated in the same article

Issuing the Authorization Letter Automatically

That Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada issue authorization letters automatically to foreign nationals who have had their confirmation of permanent residence and permanent resident visas expire during the pandemic period, and that the need to renew expired supporting documents be waived for the duration of the pandemic.

It was as simple as that. Couple that with the mandatory hotel quarantine upon landing that's already in effect, and there you go, continue with Canadian immigration without literally destroying the otherwise flawless system. But yeah, the govt hopelessly needed votes so here we are. The last sentence in the recommendation shows how the pandemic could've been managed to actually help immigrants and protect the immigration system instead of being used as an excuse to turn aged and underqualified temporary residents into permanent residens with political ITAs for more votes.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I don't understand the correlation between easy PRs and how it will help the government get more votes? PR doesn't come with the condition that you have to vote for a certain party. Not sure how these new immigrants will benefit the government win the election. They can choose to vote for the other party once they become citizens. Maybe I don't understand the politics in play here.
When someone we know very well or even our relative gets a benefit from a government institution, it's so obvious we tend to feel that the government is doing something good. This has some influence on the next election. This is the same situation about the ITA' given away to those CRS75+ . The citizens who were just PR holders before feels good about this government when their relatives or acquaintances who received an ITA during the pandemic especially the February draw which was thought as impossible because of the lowest score so they never expected to get an ITA nor a PR status.
But TA-DA Trudeau gave them all ITA's !

The government never does anything without an intention, always there is "an intention" (least one) which is never officially announced to the public media

If I am a politician, and if politics is my career then this is how we maintain the career and hold peoples trust and likeliness towards me and my party. And election is my test and votes are my results

curiositychat

Dec 10, 2020
I don’t think so the earliest that these PRs will become citizens is well after 2023 because there is still processing to become citizens. There is still an English exam to be completed and a citizenship test so there is still a process to follow.

Also, you are assuming everyone wishes to get Citizenship which may not necessarily be the case. There are many PRs in Canada who still retain their original citizenship inspite of living decades in Canada.

Its a massive stretch to suggest the current minority government is hinging their election hopes on newly made PRs as they have no idea how they will vote. There will no data on this subject.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I don’t think so the earliest that these PRs will become citizens is well after 2023 because there is still processing to become citizens. There is still an English exam to be completed and a citizenship test so there is still a process to follow.

Also, you are assuming everyone wishes to get Citizenship which may not necessarily be the case. There are many PRs in Canada who still retain their original citizenship inspite of living decades in Canada.

Its a massive stretch to suggest the current minority government is hinging their election hopes on newly made PRs as they have no idea how they will vote. There will no data on this subject.
This is not directly targeted at the PR holders,
and A VOTE IS A VOTE no matter if it's one or a million, what matters is where this vote is going. If the whole system was not under the federal government which is controlled by experts of immigration, law and the hon: supreme court, without the intervention of politicians and lobbyists, still it'll be corrupted but the influence would be comparatively low.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't understand the correlation between easy PRs and how it will help the government get more votes? PR doesn't come with the condition that you have to vote for a certain party. Not sure how these new immigrants will help the government win the election. They can choose to vote for the other party once they become citizens. Maybe I don't understand the politics in play here.
There's no correlation. It's a completely baseless claim that some people here like to make just so they can justify their emotions and anger at the situation (ironically under the guise of rationality). There is nothing to indicate that immigrants are more likely to vote liberal. If there is, I'd love to see some data on it. But actually looking at the facts and coming to reasonable conclusions is tough and often not as cathartic as spewing the first thing that comes to mind.

It seems quite hard to understand that hypothetical questions aren't the same thing as evidence. Once a person becomes a citizen, I'd imagine they would understandably look out for their personal interests. If that aligns liberal, they vote liberal, if not they go conservative or left. I'd be skeptical of anyone who tries to justify their claims with hypotheticals.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't understand the correlation between easy PRs and how it will help the government get more votes? : The next election is in Oct 2023. Inland immigrants only need 2 more years to be eligible to become citizens. Taking into account the current govt's planned investments to fully digitalize the systems, in 2023, most eligible PRs will probably be made citizens in about 3-6 months (regular pre-covid processing times). So, roughly speaking, all PRs made before July-Sept 2021 will probably have a high chance of obtaining citizenship before the election. FSWs can't have this because (outland) FSWs need 3 years to be eligible for citizenship.

Also, these serve as long-term goals by increasing the size of the pool of voters that would likely vote for a specific kind of view. 2023 is not the last election ever after all.
Where did you read that 'inland immigrants only need 2 years to become citizens'? It's pretty clearly 3 out of 5 years in Canada on a PR makes you eligible for citizenship. Here's the link for the physical presence calculation: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/startBasicCalc.do

3 years out of 5 on the canada.ca page does not include time spent in Canada on a PGWP afaik.

They can choose to vote for the other party once they become citizens: If you were a temporary resident with CRS 75 - 430, who is someone that could not even dream of a PR let alone obtaining one one day, would you not vote for the govt who gifted you that once in a life time opportunity? I'd go into more detail but there's no need to start a political discussion here. To have a better understanding, you might look into how the view of the government affects the country's approach to immigrants in both Canada and the US.
No, asking a question is not the same as providing any evidence. It's not a political discussion. It's one completely devoid of logic.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

100%. It's so ridiculous it's laughable. In addition to everything you have said, the number of voters added to the pool will be tiny. Certainly nothing even close to enough for there to be any risk of "swaying" an elected.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
* A person taking the vaccine.
What's this talk of International student? PR? Temp Workers? They are people
This person is spamming the forum with this video over and over again. They are just trying to promote their video and make people watch it. They have been reported to the moderator so that their posts and user ID can be deleted.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Okay this is interesting, thanks for the link.

Regardless your argument is still empty, considering the fact that most of these new immigrants will NOT be citizens by 2023. If you want to stick to conspiracy theories, keep at it. It's not going to change the reality of the situation one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.