Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

"OINP conducts draws in the lower range of future FSW draws"
is this correct ? anyone knows this?

I saw this on page 207 of this thread, someone said
This isn't a rule, but it has held true so far. It's to make sure PNP nominations aren't wasted on people who will get a direct ITA. Specifically for OINP: tech draws and french streams have both been capped below the lowest FSW score of last year

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
can u plz send me the source about the changes for FSW stream?
and have they mentioned which type of NOCs are they mostly looking for ?
Look at different PNP programs, they might give you an idea of what skills are in-demand (spoiler, not all of the will be NOC A and B)

Apart from studying for IELTS, I don't see how outlanders are "working hard", they just need to gather their documents and wait for the invitation, absolutely zero impact on their daily lives. Some people just want to get out of their home country no matter what.
Some countries economies have been wrecked by Covid, I'm from a country whose economy largely depends on tourism and youth unemployment is steadily approaching +55%, which means over half the people under 25 are unemployed. With this scenario it's not odd more and more people are looking to move somewhere else, it also explains how the 300-400crs portion of the pool has increased so much within a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
This isn't a rule, but it has held true so far. It's to make sure PNP nominations aren't wasted on people who will get a direct ITA. Specifically for OINP: tech draws and french streams have both been capped below the lowest FSW score of last year
maybe I'm wrong , when I checked both draws (pnp/all programs) , it seems oinp follows the previous All program's crs cutoff. always equal to or lower. If the quoted statement is true then if there is an all program draw this year is the CRS cutoff gonna stay above 468? or if there is a series of fsw draws the cut off might come to 469 finally from 480+?
Since the last all program's cutoff was 468

Reactions: fswinlander
D

Deleted member 1006777

maybe I'm wrong , when I checked both draws (pnp/all programs) , it seems oinp follows the previous All program's crs cutoff. always equal to or lower. If the quoted statement is true then if there is an all program draw this year is the CRS cutoff gonna stay above 468? or if there is a series of fsw draws the cut off might come to 469 finally from 480+?
Since the last all program's cutoff was 468
We can only guess. It depends on the future of FSW. I think the PNP cutoffs will stay between 459-468 (or whatever the exact range is) until the fate of FSW becomes more clear. If it is closed, then the upper and lower ends of the PNP cutoffs will go up.

Regarding FSW cutoffs, if they have consistent FSW draws with 5k-6k people each time, then yes, the score will eventually come to the 460s. If it looks like the score will drop even lower, the PNP cutoff will be reduced accordingly. In general, the OINP cutoffs are reactive to the all program draw cutoffs to select candidates who won't decline the PNP invite.

Reactions: dankboi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We will all have a chance if canada starts putting a country quota in the express entry system.
If there's a country cap, those from India will have less of a chance.

I'm not sure I see the benefit of a country cap and I think this would be viewed as "un-Canadian" and likely wouldn't happen. Just my two cents of course.

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
I think the fairest way to carry out future FSW draws is to temporarily remove the age penalty. This enables those who waited in the pool during the entirety of the covid get an equal chance of getting an invitation. For ielts validity, I don't think the IRCC can grant an extension to it. I really hope FSW draws will resume soon enough.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I think the fairest way to carry out future FSW draws is to temporarily remove the age penalty. This enables those who waited in the pool during the entirety of the covid get an equal chance of getting an invitation. For ielts validity, I don't think the IRCC can grant an extension to it. I really hope FSW draws will resume soon enough.
Yes, especially when a category is being put on hold,

Reactions: fswinlander

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Oh man, I just spent the last 2 hours reading through pages 769 to 803. Like this very post of mine, most of them are not indicative of any ray of hope. People trying to prove others wrong, criticisms and arguments between FSW and CEC, political conditions and whatnot..

I wish every time I had to open this page I didn't have to go through all these just to get to the key information pertaining to the topic of this thread's headline. All I could get after 2 hours is that in September some backlogs for existing FSW applications would start getting processed. As a result we might see invitations rolling out in the weeks following that.

Last edited:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Oh man, I just spent the last 2 hours reading through pages 769 to 803. Like this very post of mine, most of them are not indicative of any ray of hope. People trying to prove others wrong, criticisms and arguments between FSW and CEC, political conditions and whatnot..

I wish every time I had to open this page I didn't have to go through all these just to get to the key information pertaining to the topic of this thread's headline. All I could get after 2 hours is that in September some backlogs for existing FSW applications would start getting processed. As a result we might see invitations rolling out in the following weeks.
Pre -ITA situations open up discussions to all levels. Once an ITA is received it'll be narrowed, so they can move on to the respective new threads. Still this is the thread where pool folks first meet and discuss. There's a lot to know about and still many topics we didn't cover yet but when I walked through the first 400 pages I found out we have a lot of topics to cover before getting an ITA : ))

Last edited:

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
If there's a country cap, those from India will have less of a chance.

I'm not sure I see the benefit of a country cap and I think this would be viewed as "un-Canadian" and likely wouldn't happen. Just my two cents of course.
That's very much like the US's diversity lottery visa. I don't see Canada using a system like that

Reactions: scylla

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Not only diversity Visa, but even the employment-based Green Cards have a country cap. That's exactly why many Indians from the US are applying to Canada. But I wouldn't ignore the idea that Canada may put a country cap given the ridiculous amount of Indians dominating the express entry.
Don't forget possibly gender based draws

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Canada’s immigration plan relies on reversing the ageing population the nation has in the first place, so removing the age penalty, even temporarily, makes zero sense in the short or long term. It is literally the opposite of what they would hope to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.