+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I see. Considering that I will start training sometime this week, I think that factor won't be there by the time am ready for the test. Also, TCF seems to have optional and compulsory parts. Can you shed some light on that? Am just checking with my tutor and need to share the sample questions to get a better estimate. Wondering which websites would be credible.
TCF Canada has no compulsory parts. Other formats of TCF do.
For TCF Canada, you will follow the exact same structure as IELTS: 4 scores, Listening (Compréhension Orale), Reading (Compréhension Écrite), Writing (Expression Écrite) and Speaking (Expression Orale).

Reactions: kolkata2019

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Cool, thank you so much guys!
I am also at 469 and was thinking of learning French but it looks way too difficult and will take up all of your free time for up to a year to have decent level of language ability so I decided not to pursue it, good luck.

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
I want to be optimistic but when I look at the CRS cut off score before the pandemic (470-473) it is hard for me to believe it will go down soon.

I hope I’m wrong

Reactions: jrossi

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
I am also at 469 and was thinking of learning French but it looks way too difficult and will take up all of your free time for up to a year to have decent level of language ability so I decided not to pursue it, good luck.
I thought about it the same way, but C1 level proficiency is not required to earn 5,6 points in CRS.
So, I am considering it as a very doable option to atleast get some basics if things stay the same in future.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Well, I'm 8 months into that project, and yes, you're correct in your assumption about it taking almost the totality of my free time.
But for me, standing at 469 as well, it's either learn french or never getting my ITA, so... I realized I just went too far into that whole PR journey to not finish it.

Last edited:

Mama mia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
I thought about it the same way, but C1 level proficiency is not required to earn 5,6 points in CRS.
So, I am considering it as a very doable option to atleast get some basics if things stay the same in future.
True but to get 1 point in TEF requires a good amount of hard work. Anything less than a B1 attracts zero points even for second language. To get to B1 level isn't a walk in the park

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022
True but to get 1 point in TEF requires a good amount of hard work. Anything less than a B1 attracts zero points even for second language. To get to B1 level isn't a walk in the park
Agreed. Its not easy.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I started studying as a plan B if I didn't get an ITA and boost my score for 2021. I just got the ITA, but I am continuing my studies as I think it could help me professionally when I move over there :)
It's better to study as PR though. It's cheaper and you will be eligible for many grants that can take the pressure off a bit.

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Well, I'm 8 months into that project, and yes, you're correct in your assumption about it taking almost the totality of my free time.
But for me, standing at 469 as well, it's either learn french or never getting my ITA, so... I realized I just went too far into that whole PR journey to not finish it.
Hi , are you learning french on your own or have you joined some classes ? I too have started this month. Can you share your study plan like how much time have been devoting to this ?

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Currently waiting at 469. Lost 5 points in April. Enrolling in French classes for both points and experience that will hopefully help me land a job more easily. I have couple of of questions.

1. There is obviously the highest band but what band should I aim for if am planning to upgrade score by 9-10 points?

2. For outsiders (am residing in India), the exam would be TEF Canada, right? Got confused between the various options and scoring bands.
Hey I too have started french from this month. Have you joined any professional course ? How are you planning to go about it

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
From what I know, neither of the two tests have happened in India since the lockdown started and no schedule is available currently. I wrote to the AF director in Kolkata, yet to hear back. Called AF Mumbai, they are yet to open
Hi @orwell46 , How did you prepare for the exam ? Kindly share some guidance and tips for people preparing from India . Do you suggest we seek professional help ? or we can try on our own

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
It's better to study as PR though. It's cheaper and you will be eligible for many grants that can take the pressure off a bit.
Do you have any info on that? Currently not spending that much money on studying it. But now that you mention it, could you share the information that you are referring to?
Thanks!

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys i need expert Advice :
Work experience :
Company A - 2 Months -->Received reference letter as per CIC format
Company B- 8 Months --> Received reference letter as per CIC format
Company C - 6 months --> Received reference letter as per CIC format
Company D 17 months --> Received reference letter as per CIC format
Company E 5 months --> Refusing to give me reference letter.

What can be done to prove the work experience at company E since i claimed 3 years work experience.
They gave me a standard reference letter stating entry date and ending date. No number of hours worked and list of duties and responsibilities.

Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.