+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Even at 475, I am losing hope.. if not lost completely... more centres are really opening... ielts have started world wide.. plus there will soon be an influx of PNP... with this monthly draw, I fear I might not even stand a chance.... IRCC has really dealt with me this year.
Hi. 475 is great score! You have a great chance to receive an ITA in the next all program draw even if the there is a PNP and CEC draw in between. Good luck!

Reactions: shinoshino

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Friends...My ITA is 23rd July and AOR is 29th July
While submitting my profile, I missed to add my spouse and mine immediate family details due to wrong assumption that only PR applicants need to be added. I realized this while discussing with a friend and submitted a web form with all the details on 3rd Aug. Today I received an email saying the information have been forwarded to responsible office for consideration. Will the officer consider this?

Now, this is an unintentional mistake and I hope it won't have any negative impact on my application. Please advise if I need to take any action?

Thanks

Last edited:

Meighen2

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about e-APR, would appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks in advance!
  • How much money (in Canadian dollars) will __________ bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?” – I submitted my EE profile in June and specified CAD 15k (= ~USD 11k that I had in my bank account). Due to currency exchange fluctuations, USD 11k should round up to CAD 14,600, meaning there's a discrepancy in the amount I specified in my EE profile vs e-APR. Is this ok? Should I submit a letter of explanation for this?
  • Dates in history fields (addresses and personal history) – I am 25, so I should provide the dates from my 18th birthday. In “from” sections, should I just specify the date of my 18th birthday?
  • Personal activities – 1) There a slight gap between when I completed my undergrad and started my postgrad degree. Should this period be marked as “Unemployed”? 2) I did a pre-undergrad course prior to my bachelor’s. If I specify that course here, would IRCC ask for an ECA of that course as well?

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Even at 475, I am losing hope.. if not lost completely... more centres are really opening... ielts have started world wide.. plus there will soon be an influx of PNP... with this monthly draw, I fear I might not even stand a chance.... IRCC has really dealt with me this year.
Seriously just chill. Have you even studied what cut off scores were pre covid for 6 months? Just chill seriously.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
People who are applying to OINP, what are you mentioning in the "Intention to Reside in Ontario" section if you have zero ties to Ontario or Canada? I have no ties and I read a few older threads where people wrote entire stories even though they have never visited Canada and have no relatives there.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
No, 475 is a great score still. You will 100% get it if is an all program draw in two week. And if it is alternating draws, I also believe there is a big big chance you will get it. They removed basically every on the 476 CRS (July cut-off) and above. I think its very possible.

Reactions: shinoshino

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
People who are applying to OINP, what are you mentioning in the "Intention to Reside in Ontario" section if you have zero ties to Ontario or Canada? I have no ties and I read a few older threads where people wrote entire stories even though they have never visited Canada and have no relatives there.
If you don't have ties, you don't have ties. Then all you can write is that you intend to reside in Ontario, if they accept you. If that's the truth.

Reactions: seadrag0n

biancaoa

Jul 21, 2020
Don't lose hope man. Things are getting better now. It's hard to get a good ielts score, a master's degree and more than three years work experience while being under 30 years old. I don't believe the number of folks above 471 will remain high as long as the regular draws happen bi-weekly as before. Even as they did the all program draw monthly, the score still went down a little (478-476). If they do this alternate pattern onwards, sooner or later they will run out of CEC folks because if I'm correct ielts are not normal yet. I logged on IELTs canada to check the tests available and it is still shut down. During the pandemic, it's certainly harder for folks to get the things needed to be in the pool.
People are doing CELPIP in Canada

Jiyva

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
You will be fine as long as you don't lose 5 points soon due to aging.

sandeepkumar9788

Feb 25, 2020
Dear All,

I have a CRS of 475. My profile expires on 20th of Aug'20. Please suggest which is the best option to go with, between the below two.

Option 1 - Create a new profile right now (in which case I may loose the chance of ITA, if the next draw happens at 475 and the tie-breaker is set before August month)

Option 2 - Wait till August 19th without creating a new profile , expecting an all program draw on 19th of Aug'20 (which has a very less chance) and then update the profile in case I receive an ITA (Not sure if that's possible as ITA is sent after 24hrs of the draw ,which falls on - 20th Aug'20 - which is the date my profile expires )

TIA
Sandeep

NMOT

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-01-2020
Nomination.....
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
Hi, so for me, since I was selected for Ontario's tech draw, I talked about why my experience as a Web Designer would help contribute to Ontario and why I would be a good fit for the place. I looked up their culture and environment and explained why it was suitable for me too. If you've already started applying for jobs (even though it's difficult to get one from outside Canada, especially now) then you can provide screenshots as proof.
I even mentioned my age, degree, previous job experience and schools I attended.
And I also didn't have that many connections -- the only people I knew there were distant family friends and school acquaintances I barely even talk to anymore. But I still mentioned them.

I'd say treat it as a cover letter for a job application i.e. explain to them:
  • Why would Ontario want you to be a resident of their province? What will you bring to the economy? How do you fit with their society?
  • Why you think Ontario will be a good place for you. What will you benefit from living there? What do you like about Ontario?
Hope that helps and best of luck!

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
The purpose of writing an "Intent to Reside" is to show why this particular province you plan to live in out of all the rest of Canada so that the province can nominate you as a candidate for immigration. When it comes to Ontario a few things can make it desirable candidate compared to let's say Yukon. You can
Google and write a bit about the opportunities and growth prospects in your sector in Ontario. If you had worked for an MNC you could mention the branches of the MNC in Ontario and you could mention how your background makes you a good candidate for openings they have or their competitors have. If you have friends or colleagues who you collaborate with from Ontario that could be mentioned as well. The key is not to write novels just a 1 page similar to a cover letter you would write for the job. There are a few samples on this forum and elsewhere that can be used.

If you don't write anything it would just show your lackadaisical interest in the province. While it may not lead to outright rejection there is a reason why they have this document isbpart of the application. Show your enthusiasm for the province and don't just write 'I want to live in Ontario because it is the only province that gave me a nomination otherwise..."

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Dear All,

I have a CRS of 475. My profile expires on 20th of Aug'20. Please suggest which is the best option to go with, between the below two.

Option 1 - Create a new profile right now (in which case I may loose the chance of ITA, if the next draw happens at 475 and the tie-breaker is set before August month)

Option 2 - Wait till August 19th without creating a new profile , expecting an all program draw on 19th of Aug'20 (which has a very less chance) and then update the profile in case I receive an ITA (Not sure if that's possible as ITA is sent after 24hrs of the draw ,which falls on - 20th Aug'20 - which is the date my profile expires )

TIA
Sandeep
Just wait for the August 19th draw. If you receive ITA that day, accept it same day and you will be just fine.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Friends...My ITA is 23rd July and AOR is 29th July
While submitting my profile, I missed to add my spouse and mine immediate family details due to wrong assumption that only PR applicants need to be added. I realized this while discussing with a friend and submitted a web form with all the details on 3rd Aug. Today I received an email saying the information have been forwarded to responsible office for consideration. Will the officer consider this?

Now, this is an unintentional mistake and I hope it won't have any negative impact on my application. Please advise if I need to take any action?

Thanks
If you didn't even mention your spouse have you stated that you are single ? Even if she is not coming you need to list her as not accompanying , now if you stated in your application that you are single you may have problems if not and you just didn't fill the spouse details then it s not a big deal since you sent an explaining webform but you never know with IRCC

Status
Not open for further replies.