Not open for further replies.

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I believe if CIC continues with alternate draws as they've been doing for the next two months, score will drop below 470. ( Note that there are only 2900 candidates above 470 after the previous draw. So mathematically, taking into consideration other people will join the pool, i believe in two months the score will def go <470 if we have regular draws)

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
I believe if CIC continues with alternate draws as they've been doing for the next two months, score will drop below 470. ( Note that there are only 2900 candidates above 470 after the previous draw. So mathematically, taking into consideration other people will join the pool, i believe in two months the score will def go <470 if we have regular draws)
Yup, only thing I worry for people awaiting for ITA is that there will be am inflow of people with PNP nominations, as it seems that in the last few months couple thousand of EOI were given.
Hopefully the majority of those go on the PNP specific draws, helping reducing the CRS cut-off for the general draw.

Reactions: biancaoa

iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yup, only thing I worry for people awaiting for ITA is that there will be am inflow of people with PNP nominations, as it seems that in the last few months couple thousand of EOI were given.
Hopefully the majority of those go on the PNP specific draws, helping reducing the CRS cut-off for the general draw.
Yup true. If they continue the alternate pnp/ece and all program draws, high chance score will drop <470 in couple of months. And congratulation on your ITA :D

Reactions: BlindGoku

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
BC issued more PNPs!

Reactions: BlindGoku

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
my daughter was born a week before I Recieved my ITA but I couldn't update it in my profile. Can I update now? @ZAtoCD any help?
This I am not sure about bud, as I don't have experience on the kids side of things. Let't see if other forum members here can help. :)

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Anyone noticed they've changed the crs calculator?
In March 2020, I had submitted my profile with a crs score of 474, in May 2020 after my birthday my score went down to 469 as shown in my IRCC profile. Lately, someone informed me the CRS calculator has made some changes wrt foreign work experience. Sure enough when I checked the crs calculator, now it calculates my points as 444, but my profile is still showing 469. Any insight? I dont wanna go down to 444 :(
I find this hard to believe, I just used the crs calculator to check my score now. Still reads the same.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hi guys,

What is your prediction about OINP priority occupation draw.

In Feb 2020, it fell only for 4 points. what are the expectations this time. Does not look too promising.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Currently waiting at 469. Lost 5 points in April. Enrolling in French classes for both points and experience that will hopefully help me land a job more easily. I have couple of of questions.

1. There is obviously the highest band but what band should I aim for if am planning to upgrade score by 9-10 points?

2. For outsiders (am residing in India), the exam would be TEF Canada, right? Got confused between the various options and scoring bands.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Currently waiting at 469. Lost 5 points in April. Enrolling in French classes for both points and experience that will hopefully help me land a job more easily. I have couple of of questions.

1. There is obviously the highest band but what band should I aim for if am planning to upgrade score by 9-10 points?

2. For outsiders (am residing in India), the exam would be TEF Canada, right? Got confused between the various options and scoring bands.
Check the CRS criteria. There’s a plethora of different combinations of score that can give you 9 points. For example, if you achieve CLB5 in the 4 skills, you’ll only earn 4 points. But if you achieve CLB9 on the listening and CLB7 on the Reading, and CLB1 on the other 2, you’ll get 9 points. So, simply check the CRS criteria and choose which path you prefer to take.

Reactions: kolkata2019

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all, I am preparing the bank statements for my previous job. The bank has two options for me: (i) a 10-page statement with all activities for the past 12month which covers my salary inflow and all expense activities, or (ii) a one-page statement with only salary from the past 12-month. Is the second version sufficient? I have the employee reference letter so this is just a supporting document.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020

CLB 7 gets you 12 points+ 30 bonus points. At 469 you may not need that many, however anything less than CLB 7 in any of the 4 modules won't get you more than 12-14. Play around with the CRS calculator to simulate.

In case you are in Kolkata, it's the TCF. TEF is offered in Chennai Mumbai and Chandigarh

Reactions: kolkata2019

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
CLB 7 gets you 12 points+ 30 bonus points. At 469 you may not need that many, however anything less than CLB 7 in any of the 4 modules won't get you more than 12-14. Play around with the CRS calculator to simulate.

In case you are in Kolkata, it's the TCF. TEF is offered in Chennai Mumbai and Chandigarh
I have access to all the cities. Since I have lived in some. Which is more advisable?

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
I have access to all the cities. Since I have lived in some. Which is more advisable?
From what I know, neither of the two tests have happened in India since the lockdown started and no schedule is available currently. I wrote to the AF director in Kolkata, yet to hear back. Called AF Mumbai, they are yet to open

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
From what I know, neither of the two tests have happened in India since the lockdown started and no schedule is available currently. I wrote to the AF director in Kolkata, yet to hear back. Called AF Mumbai, they are yet to open
I see. Considering that I will start training sometime this week, I think that factor won't be there by the time am ready for the test. Also, TCF seems to have optional and compulsory parts. Can you shed some light on that? Am just checking with my tutor and need to share the sample questions to get a better estimate. Wondering which websites would be credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.