+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 99th Draw

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi! Question. If I am under the express entry pool, can I also apply for study permit? I am losing hope to get an iTA (CRS @ 431) so I was thinking of applying for a study visa. Thanks in advance to those who can answer.
Sure, that's a totally different and unrelated process.
So yeah nothing keeps you from applying for schools, getting accepted, and then applying for student visa.
Many people back from the days when cut-offs were really high (600+), just went ahead and flew to Canada with student visas.
Then you can get your degree there, some experience, and if you wish to stay maybe even apply through CEC program rather than FSW.

But first, have you explored options to increase your score by 10 points to reach 441, the cut off being usually 440. Maybe check if you can improve your first language language scores. They increase dramatically with CLB9 or above.

mk11s

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
PCC should mention both last names, her current and maiden one. What I sent them did have only mine... The rest you can imagine
@Lorenc80 My wife is primary applicant and has all her documents and passport in her maiden name.
Only the marriage certificate is with my surname. PCC is issued as per passport name which is her maiden name.Will it create any problem ?
I have an affidavit which was submitted 2 years back while registering marriage about name change.
Please suggest since I was about to submit all my documents.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
@Lorenc80 My wife is primary applicant and has all her documents and passport in her maiden name.
Only the marriage certificate is with my surname. PCC is issued as per passport name which is her maiden name.Will it create any problem ?
I have an affidavit which was submitted 2 years back while registering marriage about name change.
Please suggest since I was about to submit all my documents.
I'm not sure here. what is her last name at this moment? yours or her maiden name? if she didn't change her name when you got married then it shouldn't be any problem.

mk11s

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
I'm not sure here. what is her last name at this moment? yours or her maiden name? if she didn't change her name when you got married then it shouldn't be any problem.
@Lorenc80 Before marriage her name was Simone Jose and after marriage Simone Keith.
Name on Passport Simone Jose.All documents including Passport,PCC,WES,IELTS Simone Jose.
Only Marriage certificate has name Simone Keith for which an notarized affidavit is there to support that Simone Jose and Simone Keith are same person.

johna1985

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
There are lot of International students coming to Canada. 15 points for studies & 1 yr work experience in PGWP (post graduate work permit) its easy for students to score 440+ score. (IELTS : L8 R6.5 W6 S6.5 even this score )
NB :Age below 30 & Single applicant.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Yes, I was looking into universities but then decided not to proceed further. I have already spent a lot of money on my UK PG Certificate so not sure I want to move ahead again with another program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
I'm sure you must have checked around but is your ECA bachelors because you applied through WES? A lot of Postgrad diplomas get evaluated as masters by IQAS and that could make a huge difference in your CRS in case you haven't looked into that route.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
@Lorenc80 Before marriage her name was Simone Jose and after marriage Simone Keith.
Name on Passport Simone Jose.All documents including Passport,PCC,WES,IELTS Simone Jose.
Only Marriage certificate has name Simone Keith for which an notarized affidavit is there to support that Simone Jose and Simone Keith are same person.
I guess she got the passport and other docs before you got married. I see no complication in that case, but remember, the PCC SHOULD MENTION BOTH JOSE and KEITH.

Ashwell

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi! Question. If I am under the express entry pool, can I also apply for study permit? I am losing hope to get an iTA (CRS @ 431) so I was thinking of applying for a study visa. Thanks in advance to those who can answer.
I have been in the pool since October last year. I just got my study visa approved a few weeks back and my husband got a open work permit at the same time.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm sure you must have checked around but is your ECA bachelors because you applied through WES? A lot of Postgrad diplomas get evaluated as masters by IQAS and that could make a huge difference in your CRS in case you haven't looked into that route.
I only got my Bachelor's evaluated by WES. Didn't get my PG Cert evaluated yet. You think I should send it to IQAS?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I only got my Bachelor's evaluated by WES. Didn't get my PG Cert evaluated yet. You think I should send it to IQAS?
omg yes, you should! even if they dont give you a masters evaluation you would be able to select two diplomas or degrees which would give you 8 additional points on the CRS, and if they do evaluate it as masters you would get 15 additional points.
I would look into which of these 2 organizations would potentially evaluate your PG from UK as masters and send it in accordingly ASAP.

I had a PG from heriot watt university - well actually it is a M.Sc degree as awarded and WES considered it as masters.

Reactions: SumH12 and SithLord

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
hello, I did the same, just be clear and honest about what you have done so far. You need to be clear and honest about your intentions, which are to RETURN home after your studies finish, and then re-renter as an immigrant if you were successful with the EE.

You can apply under the dual intent applicant. Nothing extra to do, just know your rights and responsibilities as a student and an immigrant, both separate. In your letter of explanation (added to your study permit) mention that you want to study to improve your personality, learn more, become more valuable to your company.... and mention that you have an active EE profile. Dont add extra information or explain alot, just be honest and clear in the simplest way.

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
I guess she got the passport and other docs before you got married. I see no complication in that case, but remember, the PCC SHOULD MENTION BOTH JOSE and KEITH.
If spouse has her own last name on all of her academic certificates, passport, medical exam, wedding registration, and pcc is it a problem?
Note: except academic certificates, all documents were made post wedding and none of her documents have my last name listed on them. TIA.

Reactions: abnzyr18

Mardana

Aug 24, 2018
hello, I did the same, just be clear and honest about what you have done so far. You need to be clear and honest about your intentions, which are to RETURN home after your studies finish, and then re-renter as an immigrant if you were successful with the EE.

You can apply under the dual intent applicant. Nothing extra to do, just know your rights and responsibilities as a student and an immigrant, both separate. In your letter of explanation (added to your study permit) mention that you want to study to improve your personality, learn more, become more valuable to your company.... and mention that you have an active EE profile. Dont add extra information or explain alot, just be honest and clear in the simplest way.
Hey, so what is the process after the course is done? Is there any age restriction to apply for student visa?