+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 99th Draw

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys, I am confused. Is it type 2 essay where we are not supposed to write can't, won't, etc. and instead need to write can not, will not? Thanks.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
I don't have any connections to Canada. Tried for Jobs but lets be realistic here, nobody will hire you unless you are actually in Canada.

The only province where I have a shot is Ontario but so far there seems to be no positive signs from them. They're only inviting candidates with either job offer or french skills(probably why minimum 400 score has been wiped, so now they can cherrypick who they invite).

For the rest of us options are slim.
Yeah now it's extremely competitive and they sure are picking and choosing who they want to let in.
But hasn't this always been the practice for Canada and other countries like Australia as well?

I suppose the hard part to swallow when it comes to immigration is the realisation that the country we wanna go to
is the host, and being the host, they have every right to so-called "cherrypick" who they want.

Even with the previous fixed cut-off, it was also another form of "cherrypicking" - because nobody knew exactly
what were the selection criteria between Person A above 400 who gets ITA, and Person B who is also above 400 BUT doesn't get ITA.

This is also cherrypicking, no?

Last edited:

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey guys, I am confused. Is it type 2 essay where we are not supposed to write can't, won't, etc. and instead need to write can not, will not? Thanks.
Definitely no contractions in Task 2.
No contractions if Task 1 is a formal letter.
Contractions okay if Task 1 is non-formal letter

Reactions: sunboy129

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Same here bud!! I have wasted so much money and time on this and there is absolutely no guarantee that we will make it. What hurts even more is I'm stuck at 435 for months but people with 300 crs are getting invited :(

They should definitely consider renaming it to Cherrypick entry
Well, I understand how you feel. I was in the same situation two years back when the cut offs were as high as 490s and 500s. I then decided to move to Canada on a student visa since I didn’t see any hopes. Within a few months after moving here, the points suddenly dropped to as low as 413 and my friends got through. Lol. I even had a friend who got through with a score of 358, he got nominated through NS PNP. He stayed in NS for a couple of months after moving to Canada and then moved to Toronto. So I agree, the system is not fair. Some people skip the queue while others wait for years despite being more qualified.

I had seen a few of your posts on the students visa forum, I guess you have your own reasons for not taking that route. If it is financial reasons, all I can tell you that it is something that can be worked out. I had taken a student loan from India, paid if off within a year and a half of moving here. I complete my one year Canadian experience next month and my points would cross 500+ and I’ll be good to go! Since this is a ROH thread, though sharing my positivity.

All the best with your IELTS and I hope you get the ITA soon. Cheers! :)

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Hey, can you tell us which institution did you choose? Because I never knew there was an option other than IDP and BC.
There are many options for IELTS other than IDP and British Council.

My first exam was with IDP and they blocked me in writing. Then I went for RMIT English (flew all the way to Melbourne for this), and they too screwed me over. Then I took the exam at Macquarie University (they run multiple test centers), and voila, I got what I was looking for.

Australia has many options for IELTS. I don't know if there are options available in other countries, or, how practical it is for someone to go to any nearby country, just to take IELTS. But changing institute is surely something many people have tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexraj

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
I can understand. I did get the ITA with CRS 442 in feb this year, got my application cancelled due to Spouse PCC not having both last names, in april dropped 5 points and waiting since for another chance that I guess will not come
Hi ... what’s the reason behind rejection? Spouse PCC not having last name? Just curious..

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well, I understand how you feel. I was in the same situation two years back when the cut offs were as high as 490s and 500s. I then decided to move to Canada on a student visa since I didn’t see any hopes. Within a few months after moving here, the points suddenly dropped to as low as 413 and my friends got through. Lol. I even had a friend who got through with a score of 358, he got nominated through NS PNP. He stayed in NS for a couple of months after moving to Canada and then moved to Toronto. So I agree, the system is not fair. Some people skip the queue while others wait for years despite being more qualified.

I had seen a few of your posts on the students visa forum, I guess you have your own reasons for not taking that route. If it is financial reasons, all I can tell you that it is something that can be worked out. I had taken a student loan from India, paid if off within a year and a half of moving here. I complete my one year Canadian experience next month and my points would cross 500+ and I’ll be good to go! Since this is a ROH thread, though sharing my positivity.

All the best with your IELTS and I hope you get the ITA soon. Cheers! :)
Yes, I was looking into universities but then decided not to proceed further. I have already spent a lot of money on my UK PG Certificate so not sure I want to move ahead again with another program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Yes, I was looking into universities but then decided not to proceed further. I have already spent a lot of money on my UK PG Certificate so not sure I want to move ahead again with another program. Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
Did you studied as an international student in UK? Is it ok if I pm you few questions, after your ielts test, regarding studying in UK. Thanks.

Reactions: SithLord

misshael

Feb 8, 2017
Hi! Question. If I am under the express entry pool, can I also apply for study permit? I am losing hope to get an iTA (CRS @ 431) so I was thinking of applying for a study visa. Thanks in advance to those who can answer.