+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 99th Draw

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I don't want to sound south in a forum that has "hope" in its title, but "mate", from experience, Australia is equally challenging. At least Canada issue more than 7K ITAs every month. Australia only issue about 2000 ITAs per month. They used to run two invitation rounds per month, on Wednesdays, just like Canada, but now they only run a single invitation round on 11th of every month. This has the effect of shadowing people with low score.

Additionally, the equivalent of provincial nomination is called "State sponsorship" here, and that too is not as smooth a ride as PNPs. (Not saying that PNPs are easier, but they surely stand better in comparison).

The positive for Australia is that they accept an English test called PTE -- which is far easier to ace (and faster, and fairer) than IELTS. Also, you can get points for doing a translation course, which is much shorter in duration than a full-blown degree. A third plus is that you can also get points for doing another 1-year course called "professional year".

Again, not saying Australia isn't an option, just putting things in perspective. So choose your bets with care.
I understand Australia is also quite challenging and I'm aware immigrating to a new country is not easy. But hopes on moving to Canada pretty much looks gloomy for me at the moment. I'm tired of appearing for IELTS over and over again. So much waste of money and time. After 1 year, I finally got the desired score but its still not enough. It is heartbreaking when you see people with CLB 7 manage to get ITAs from provinces while people like me with clb 9 and clb 10 are still stuck in this 'hope' queue for months waiting for a miracle :( We are not getting any younger either by all this waiting and there seems to be no guarantee that we will ever get an ITA

I may or may not make it Australia but atleast I will get a little satisfaction that I have put forth all my best efforts and didn't waste all my precious time and money by laying all eggs in one basket :)

Apologies for throwing a lot of negativity in a ray of 'hope' thread. For some of us there seems to be no hope in sight :(

NewApplicant88

Jul 27, 2018
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
Hi all,

Submitted my profile yesterday with a CRS of 448. Can I expect to get ITA in the next draw?

Last edited:

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Apologies for throwing a lot of negativity in a ray of 'hope' thread.
Please Don't apologize. You are not at all throwing any negativity. I have seen people with 438 score saying things like they are never going to get it this year. So, you getting anxious and low at 435 and still sticking it out, is nothing but positivity.

If "L8 R9 W7 S7.5" is your current score, can't you work toward improving it more? I understand I am not saying anything new, and you would've thought about it many many times, but I think this is the hardship people have to go through.

I took IELTS 3 times before I got my desired score, and when I did it was because I'd changed the institute where I took the exam. Try to choose something other than IDP and British Council, as these two are exploitative bastards who would do everything to not let you get the score you're after. Excuse me for the profanity, but these two are just totally not worth the money and time.

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Please Don't apologize. You are not at all throwing any negativity. I have seen people with 438 score saying things like they are never going to get it this year. So, you getting anxious and low at 435 and still sticking it out, is nothing but positivity.

If "L8 R9 W7 S7.5" is your current score, can't you work toward improving it more? I understand I am not saying anything new, and you would've thought about it many many times, but I think this is the hardship people have to go through.

I took IELTS 3 times before I got my desired score, and when I did it was because I'd changed the institute where I took the exam. Try to choose something other than IDP and British Council, as these two are exploitative bastards who would do everything to not let you get the score you're after. Excuse me for the profanity, but these two are just totally not worth the money and time.
Unfortunately these are the only 2 testing entities available at my counrty. Shelled $200 again for one last shot at IELTS. 5th attempt and so far $1300 spent on this elusive ita. I would have gone for the reevaluation in Feb, but then I was very hopeful of getting ita by end of 2018 with a CRS of 439, just to be disappointed now.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

I'm going for my fifth IELTS(my last hope) at the end of this month which will probably be my final shot at Canadian dream. I drop 5 points in 19th of October. I am studying hard to max out IELTS. So if by a miracle I max out then October 17th draw will mean everything to me(unless they decide to skip the draw).

Suppose I don't max out then at 430, it's basically end of the road for me :) So I only have 1 last shot at this :)

Last edited:

alexraj

Dec 2, 2017

Hey, can you tell us which institution did you choose? Because I never knew there was an option other than IDP and BC.

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
I'm going for my fifth IELTS(my last hope) at the end of this month which will probably be my final shot at Canadian dream. I drop 5 points in 19th of October. I am studying hard to max out IELTS. So if by a miracle I max out then October 17th draw will mean everything to me(unless they decide to skip the draw).

Suppose I don't max out then at 430, it's basically end of the road for me :) So I only have 1 last at this :)
PNP is not an option?

NewApplicant88

Jul 27, 2018
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018

Suppose I don't max out then at 430, it's basically end of the road for me :) So I only have 1 last at this :)
All the very best to you!

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018

All the very best

Raaj123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017

I understand your frustration but please be calm and relax before the exam. I think ielts is practice and also luck.

Best of Luck.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
PNP is not an option?
I don't have any connections to Canada. Tried for Jobs but lets be realistic here, nobody will hire you unless you are actually in Canada.

The only province where I have a shot is Ontario but so far there seems to be no positive signs from them. They're only inviting candidates with either job offer or french skills(probably why minimum 400 score has been wiped, so now they can cherrypick who they invite).

For the rest of us options are slim.