+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 99th Draw

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
On the same boat, bud. I get the feeling OINP HCP is basically done. They are targetting JOb offers and French speakers.

I'm almost exhausted with this whole thing and will definitely call it quit soon :)
And they recently removed minimum 400 CRS condition.... o_O

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
On the same boat, bud. I get the feeling OINP HCP is basically done. They are targetting JOb offers and French speakers.

I'm almost exhausted with this whole thing and will definitely call it quit soon :)
Im guessing they will have one at the end of October/November considering that's been their pattern of the last two years.
2017 Nov 1st : PNP and FTC
2016 Nov 30th : PNP

October is going to have three draws (if we take the bi-weekly pattern they have been following this year) so I'm guessing this draw will fall on October 31st.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Im guessing they will have one at the end of October/November considering that's been their pattern of the last two years.
2017 Nov 1st : PNP and FTC
2016 Nov 30th : PNP

October is going to have three draws (if we take the bi-weekly pattern they have been following this year) so I'm guessing this draw will fall on October 31st.
Oh man, I drop 5 points in October. I really hope I will be able to make it :(

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/09/ontario-revises-crs-minimum-rule-for-human-capital-priorities-stream-0911168.html#gs.bGJGyVk

Ontario has revised the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score requirement for its Express Entry-linked Human Capital Priorities immigration stream.

Whereas candidates previously were required to have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of at least 400, the stream’s guidelines now say the minimum score will be “as determined by the director.”

A further update asks candidates to indicate their interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “all provinces and territories” when creating an Express Entry profile.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) did not immediately respond to a request from CIC News for more information regarding these updates.

The OINP has waived the CRS minimum of 400 in three draws so far this year, two of which targeted Express Entry candidates with a job offer in Ontario and another that targeted those with French language abilities of CLB 7 or higher.

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
https://www.cicnews.com/2018/09/ontario-revises-crs-minimum-rule-for-human-capital-priorities-stream-0911168.html#gs.bGJGyVk

Ontario has revised the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score requirement for its Express Entry-linked Human Capital Priorities immigration stream.

Whereas candidates previously were required to have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of at least 400, the stream’s guidelines now say the minimum score will be “as determined by the director.”

A further update asks candidates to indicate their interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “all provinces and territories” when creating an Express Entry profile.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) did not immediately respond to a request from CIC News for more information regarding these updates.

The OINP has waived the CRS minimum of 400 in three draws so far this year, two of which targeted Express Entry candidates with a job offer in Ontario and another that targeted those with French language abilities of CLB 7 or higher.
Sucks. Man I regret wasting all my time and $$ for this whole Canadian dream thing. IRCC and OINP seriously lack transparency. EE is going to issue ITA for 440+ only and OINP, by removing minimum crs, is going to cherry pick IT noc and French speakers even with 300 crs. And fools like me, with 439 crs, will keep hoping and praying in vain. Wow, what a great immigration system we have in place. Also, why not rename EE to SDE (selective draw entry) and oinp to oSinp (S=selective again).

Last edited:
Reactions: SithLord and JssAmA

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Holy crap! This could potentially make us eligible, but maybe still not because of our age. However, it is very frustrating that this is happening right at about the time my IELTS is about to expire, and my husband's next month.

I was coming here to say I know I've been here too long when I'm retaking due to expiration.

On the Toronto front for the people who remember me, I had lunch with TrumpRefugee and Moose17 and Aaron (don't know his screen name). It was wonderful. I need to find @iamxty. I owe her chocolate!

I don't know what to make of this OINP news. Please everyone, send me good vibes for the interview I just had.

Hang in there, everyone.

closingtime

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
NOC Code......
Currently working in Toronto on a work permit and I have to say these pnp changes probably reflect the sad reality in the city, which is that jobs are a little hard to come by for newcomers. I have been here a few months now.

My girlfriend is currently applying for jobs she is massively over qualified for and having no luck at all and I hear from a lot of people that it is taking months to land a job. Somewhere in the region of 3 to 5 months and this is born and bred Canadians so us newcomers have a real struggle.

I am fortunate in that I am in a niche variety of IT which meant I could fill a skills gap. Otherwise I would have never got the work permit and would probably have given up. The employer ckntacted me out of the blue so probably not something that could be easily repeated.

Also consider cost of living and that rental prices in much of Ontario are insane right now, absolutely insane and people are being very silly in outbidding eachother. This will pass but it's pretty rough right now.

I am not trying to dash any hopes because I believe if you are willing to put in the work you can achieve your dream, after all I managed to somehow land a job, but I also wanted to make people aware that the reality is not as wonderful as the dream. So don't be too saddened by things you cannot control.

The nomination or the ITA is just the beginning of the challenge.

As for the money wasted it's true that paying for Eca assessment and IELTS is a complete con anyone on less than 430 should seriously consider if they should spend that money but when you land you will be looking at paying a few thousand in up front rent so those fees are small change.

Keep trying to improve those scores but if you cannot move to Canada just realise the grass may not be greener.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Holy crap! This could potentially make us eligible, but maybe still not because of our age.

I was coming here to say I know I've been here too long when I'm retaking due to expiration.

On the Toronto front for the people who remember me, I had lunch with TrumpRefugee and Moose17 and Aaron (don't know his screen name). It was wonderful. I need to find @iamxty. I owe her chocolate!

I don't know what to make of this OINP news. Please everyone, send me good vibes for the interview I just had.

Hang in there, everyone.

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Currently working in Toronto on a work permit and I have to say these pnp changes probably reflect the sad reality in the city, which is that jobs are a little hard to come by for newcomers. I have been here a few months now.

My girlfriend is currently applying for jobs she is massively over qualified for and having no luck at all and I hear from a lot of people that it is taking months to land a job. Somewhere in the region of 3 to 5 months and this is born and bred Canadians so us newcomers have a real struggle.

I am fortunate in that I am in a niche variety of IT which meant I could fill a skills gap. Otherwise I would have never got the work permit and would probably have given up. The employer ckntacted me out of the blue so probably not something that could be easily repeated.

Also consider cost of living and that rental prices in much of Ontario are insane right now, absolutely insane and people are being very silly in outbidding eachother. This will pass but it's pretty rough right now.

I am not trying to dash any hopes because I believe if you are willing to put in the work you can achieve your dream, after all I managed to somehow land a job, but I also wanted to make people aware that the reality is not as wonderful as the dream. So don't be too saddened by things you cannot control.

The nomination or the ITA is just the beginning of the challenge.

As for the money wasted it's true that paying for Eca assessment and IELTS is a complete con anyone on less than 430 should seriously consider if they should spend that money but when you land you will be looking at paying a few thousand in up front rent so those fees are small change.

Keep trying to improve those scores but if you cannot move to Canada just realise the grass may not be greener.
Studied and worked in US so can relate to grass not/being greener part. However, at the moment Canadian dream is all I have to look for, out of desperation.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Holy crap! This could potentially make us eligible, but maybe still not because of our age. However, it is very frustrating that this is happening right at about the time my IELTS is about to expire, and my husband's next month.

Hang in there, everyone.
Best wishes. . Where’re you staying now?

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Sucks. Man I regret wasting all my time and $$ for this whole Canadian dream thing. IRCC and OINP seriously lack transparency. EE is going to issue ITA for 440+ only and OINP, by removing minimum crs, is going to cherry pick IT noc and French speakers even with 300 crs. And fools like me, with 439 crs, will keep hoping and praying in vain. Wow, what a great immigration system we have in place. Also, why not rename EE to SDE (selective draw entry) and oinp to oSinp (S=selective again).
Well, best wishes for upcoming ITA And Patience is the key now. :) Hang on tight biddy.

Reactions: journey21