+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 99th Draw

misshael

Feb 8, 2017
Sure, that's a totally different and unrelated process.
So yeah nothing keeps you from applying for schools, getting accepted, and then applying for student visa.
Many people back from the days when cut-offs were really high (600+), just went ahead and flew to Canada with student visas.
Then you can get your degree there, some experience, and if you wish to stay maybe even apply through CEC program rather than FSW.

But first, have you explored options to increase your score by 10 points to reach 441, the cut off being usually 440. Maybe check if you can improve your first language language scores. They increase dramatically with CLB9 or above.

Thank you very much for the response. I am also trying the option of increasing my points by taking IELTS again, but my max point is only until 440. Just thinking of other options once I lose more points on my next birthday next year..;)

misshael

Feb 8, 2017
I have been in the pool since October last year. I just got my study visa approved a few weeks back and my husband got a open work permit at the same time.
Hi, did you just do it on your own applying for a study visa? Is it faster and easier? Ive been thinking of applying for it.

misshael

Feb 8, 2017
hello, I did the same, just be clear and honest about what you have done so far. You need to be clear and honest about your intentions, which are to RETURN home after your studies finish, and then re-renter as an immigrant if you were successful with the EE.

You can apply under the dual intent applicant. Nothing extra to do, just know your rights and responsibilities as a student and an immigrant, both separate. In your letter of explanation (added to your study permit) mention that you want to study to improve your personality, learn more, become more valuable to your company.... and mention that you have an active EE profile. Dont add extra information or explain alot, just be honest and clear in the simplest way.
Thanks very much. This gave me so much hope..:)

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
PCC should mention both last names, her current and maiden one. What I sent them did have only mine... The rest you can imagine
Ca you please elaborate so I don’t make the mistake. My application has been canceled once. My wife did not change her name. Does she still need both names maiden and family on pcc . Thank you for your help.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
So she has not changed her last name when you got married? If so, then you dont need to include both on the PCC.

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Hey guys..Can I get extra points for 1 year fellowship course from India
You will need to think whether this fellowship is part of education or work experience. For the former, you'll need to do ECA, and for the latter you will need to have reference letter + payment summaries as a proof.

Additionally, you need to verify from others that fellowships are regarded as legit education or work experience piece by visa officers -- this will be purely anecdotal as there's no set guidelines on CIC website for this, as far as I know.

I think it might depend on what occupation the fellowship is done for. I know for medicine, fellowships are very much equivalent to proper work experience. But for others, you need to research.

Diptinaik7

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
You will need to think whether this fellowship is part of education or work experience. For the former, you'll need to do ECA, and for the latter you will need to have reference letter + payment summaries as a proof.

Additionally, you need to verify from others that fellowships are regarded as legit education or work experience piece by visa officers -- this will be purely anecdotal as there's no set guidelines on CIC website for this, as far as I know.

I think it might depend on what occupation the fellowship is done for. I know for medicine, fellowships are very much equivalent to proper work experience. But for others, you need to research.
Thank you.It is a part of education and I am doing it from AIIPMR which is related to physiotherapy field.I hope the ECA will show it has equivalent to 1 year.

sakuraa0211

Sep 4, 2018
Any suggestions to improve listening score from 7.5 to 8 ? Struck at 7.5 multiple times.. :( have managed to get through RWS..
Just need more practice. Invest in Cambridge IELTS practice test books. I boosted my score from L 7.5 & R 6.0 to L 8.5 and R 9.0 in just a couple weeks, just by practicing all those practice tests.
If you have time, watch TV, news, talking with native English speaker friends....would help.
Good luck!

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Guys is there a way to find out if my university degree will be validated by WES ? like some site or something ?

SSheena Bansal

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Guys,
This whole year so far, CRS score hasn't come down below 440. People with decent IELTS score are waiting for their turn. I am in the same boat. We all understand this pain. Seeing the last years lowest score ie 413, I was very hopeful that I will surely get an ITA this year, just like many of you would have thought. The more we wait, the more frustrating it is becoming for us.

Is it really a draw that is picked or the CIC guys have decided not to get our wishes fulfilled this year? I don't understand. Please help!

Waiting for ITA @438 score when my friends luckily got ITA @438 last year.
:( :( :(