+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
@abhishek_89
I have one query, I started my job in canada on July 5, 2016, and on my LinkedIn profile, it shows I have been working for 1 year 9 months ,
and under express entry , I am sure on JUNE 1, it will add 13 more points on top of my current score, because it will consider it as 1 year 12 months. (as in march it is 1 year 9 months,
so on 1st june it will be 1year 12 months), but technically 2 years finish on july 5 2018. On june 1, my points will be 450 because of 2 years experience
according to express entry profile system, so I am not sure what I will do, because I am sure if points will be less than 450, i will definitely get ITA, whenever draw
will happen after JUNE 1. What should I do in this case ? Is it ok or should I call cic to confirm with this ? should i decline ITA before july 5?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
@abhishek_89
I have one query, I started my job in canada on July 5, 2016, and on my LinkedIn profile, it shows I have been working for 1 year 9 months ,
and under express entry , I am sure on JUNE 1, it will add 13 more points on top of my current score, because it will consider it as 1 year 12 months. (as in march it is 1 year 9 months,
so on 1st june it will be 1year 12 months), but technically 2 years finish on july 5 2018. On june 1, my points will be 450 because of 2 years experience
according to express entry profile system, so I am not sure what I will do, because I am sure if points will be less than 450, i will definitely get ITA, whenever draw
will happen after JUNE 1. What should I do in this case ? Is it ok or should I call cic to confirm with this ? should i decline ITA before july 5?
Why would you decline an ITA? You need one year of full time Canadian work experience and you already have that.

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
Why would you decline an ITA? You need one year of full time Canadian work experience and you already have that.
@abhishek_89 Actually my current score is 437 after 1 year of experience, and on july, 5, 2018 I will be having 2 years experience, and I will get 13 more points for 2 year experience. But according to express entry system it will give me those additional points on June 1,2018 instead of july 5 2018 , there is fault in system itself.
I searched online, and even previous year, some of candidated had faced this issue , link is :

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/work-experience-of-2-years-10-months-reflecting-as-3-years-in-ee-profile.508744/

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@abhishek_89 Actually my current score is 437 after 1 year of experience, and on july, 5, 2018 I will be having 2 years experience, and I will get 13 more points for 2 year experience. But according to express entry system it will give me those additional points on June 1,2018 instead of july 5 2018 , there is fault in system itself.
I searched online, and even previous year, some of candidated had faced this issue , link is :

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/work-experience-of-2-years-10-months-reflecting-as-3-years-in-ee-profile.508744/
You can proceed with your ITA even if you receive it before completing 2 years of work experience. Do note that you should not submit your e-APR until after July 5th, 2018.

Reactions: Hcanada11

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
You can proceed with your ITA even if you receive it before completing 2 years of work experience. Do note that you should not submit your e-APR until after July 5th, 2018.
Firstly, Thanks for reply, but in this previous thread for one of candidates, you wrote " If the cutoff is above 423 you must decline such ITA. Proceeding will only lead to rejection. "
I am sure its been 1 year when you said that, and you definitely know the right information on this now. so, I should surely accept ITA, if I receive after JUNE 1 and before July 5 ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly, Thanks for reply, but in this previous thread for one of candidates, you wrote " If the cutoff is above 423 you must decline such ITA. Proceeding will only lead to rejection. "
I am sure its been 1 year when you said that, and you definitely know the right information on this now. so, I should surely accept ITA, if I receive after JUNE 1 and before July 5 ?
The requirement was different in the past as the applicants had to meet the cutoff score both at the time of ITA and e-APR submission.

Since you'll be meeting the MEC at the time of ITA you can submit your e-APR later on when you complete 2 years of work experience.

heyCanada

Mar 18, 2018
Hi friends,
Hoping for valuable suggestions from all the experienced friends.

I made an express entry profile with my work experience as 4 years 8 months around 20th Feb.

• Out of this, in the initial 3 years 2 months, I was working as a Software Engineer. After this, i internally moved to business Development unit of my company. This job profile falls in a different NOC.
    • When I created my profile, i mentioned the start date of my experience as July 2013 and chose the NOC as the one in which I currently work in (1 years and 6 months experience).
    • I was not aware that I have to mention each of the job position that I held.
    • I received an NOI from Ontario on 27th Feb.
Now the dilemma is, which of the below option i shall go with?

1. Shall I proceed with OINP and continue with the current profile that I have in EE profile. (I will get a reference letter from the company stating the hours, regular employment and current positions and responsibilities. I will not mention the previous experience).
  2. Shall I get the reference letter with all the job positions and apply with previous NOC (2173), and explain in LOE that I could not mention this earlier.(Can this be a reason for rejection of my application?)
  3. Shall I leave all this, withdraw my existing profile, and create a fresh EE profile with correct NOCs and mention my primary NOC as 2173? (This way I have my profile created as of today and I have to wait for OINP again. Is it possible that they intentionally do not give me NOI even if i am eligible?)
  4. Is there another way, like I shall proceed with my previous NOC and apply for OINP. Although I have my NOC as with the latter experience (6221, 1 year 6 months) in EE profile.

Are we seeing the cutoff going down to 438.

CRS score 438.
guys, someone?

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
The requirement was different in the past as the applicants had to meet the cutoff score both at the time of ITA and e-APR submission.

Since you'll be meeting the MEC at the time of ITA you can submit your e-APR later on when you complete 2 years of work experience.

Till today, I worked for 3500 hours in same company and same designation , anything else for MEC (MINIMUM ENTRY CRITERIA) ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Till today, I worked for 3500 hours in same company and same designation , anything else for MEC (MINIMUM ENTRY CRITERIA) ?
If you're working full-time then you do not count the hours. The minimum requirement for the CEC program is 52 weeks of full-time work experience within the past 3 years.

Also, the other requirements:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Hcanada11

Nov 15, 2017
If you're working full-time then you do not count the hours. The minimum requirement for the CEC program is 52 weeks of full-time work experience within the past 3 years.

Also, the other requirements:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html
I will agree with your points you explained based on your past experience. As I am working full-time for last 2 years on my open work permit status.
According to this statement "The requirement was different in the past as the applicants had to meet the cutoff score both at the time of ITA and e-APR submission." Did cicposted any written document for this amendments, can you please share it if you know , if there is any specific link ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will agree with your points you explained based on your past experience. As I am working full-time for last 2 years on my open work permit status.
According to this statement "The requirement was different in the past as the applicants had to meet the cutoff score both at the time of ITA and e-APR submission." Did cicposted any written document for this amendments, can you please share it if you know , if there is any specific link ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
So does it mean i may be eligible for OINP if i have score more than 400 and even if i don't have any past study or work or any other relation with Ontario (or Canada)?
Yea that's my understanding. But make sure to submit an Intention to reside in Ontario letter.

amalmathew

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Based on the wording, there is nothing that seems to say that it is 'optional'.

Here is what it says in the application guide:

ref: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

2.1.5 Intention to Reside in Ontario
All applicants must intend to reside in Ontario. You will be required to list your established ties to Ontario that can include, but are not limited to, the following:
 Current and/or previous employment in Ontario,
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario,
 Education in Ontario,
 Volunteer work in Ontario,
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership,
 Professional networks and affiliations,  Family ties,  Social connections or personal relationships, and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario.
I mean the documents stating ties/realtion to Ontario or Canada is optional, not mandatory everyone has it. But we have to provide a document stating our intention to stay kn Ontario, which is not a big problem at all.