+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
These links have complete info about the score system (read them all):

CRS scores: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Here open tab "TEF for CLB": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

More info about how the A, B, C levels convert to CLB , look for "NCLC":
http://www.fiaf.org/frenchclasses/frenchexam-tef.shtml

I've been learning French from fresh start one year and a couple months. I've taken the TEF test a week ago, still waiting for results. All I know so far is that I saw C1 on the computer screen for Listening and Reading.
I hope this will inspire you enough.
how many months exactly did you self taught yourself? this is inspiring. im also looking to do french from beginning to up ,my score

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
these ielts scores are really confusing. I did over my ielts, to me i did better since i got scores to be in the highest bands in three sections rather than 2
Previous Score
L - 8
S -8
R - 7.5
W - 7.5 and i had a score of 437

New results
L - 7.5
S - 8
R - 9
W - 7.5
New score is 387!!
lol

so yea ill be sticking with my old score but now im two minds about repeating it cuz i dont know the criteria on how the results affect the overall score

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
these ielts scores are really confusing. I did over my ielts, to me i did better since i got scores to be in the highest bands in three sections rather than 2
Previous Score
L - 8
S -8
R - 7.5

New results
L - 7.5
S - 8
R - 9
W - 7.5
New score is 387!!
lol

so yea ill be sticking with my old score but now im two minds about repeating it cuz i dont know the criteria on how the results affect the overall score
It's not confusing, you must score CLB-9 or above in each section in language test to receive 25 skill transferablity points towards education if you have minimum two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long and 25 skill transferablity points towards work experience if you have 3 or more years foreign work experience. CLB-9 is equivalent to minimum Listening- 8, Reading - 7, Writing - 7 and Speaking - 7. If you miss clb 9 in any one of them then you will not receive those extra 50 skill transferablity points.

You had CLB 9 in Listening and other modules in your first attempt but in your second attempt although you scored more than CLB 9 in writing but you missed CLB 9 in Listening hence you did not receive 50 skill transferablity points. After achieving clb 9 you can add 3 points in each section if score clb 10 which is L-8.5, R- 8, W- 7.5 and S-7.5, so potentially another 12 points to add which will take your score to 449 from 437.

Hope you understood! Good Luck!

Reactions: Aarti123

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
It's not confusing, you must score CLB-9 or above in each section in language test to receive 25 skill transferablity points towards education if you have minimum two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long and 25 skill transferablity points towards work experience if you have 3 or more years foreign work experience. CLB-9 is equivalent to minimum Listening- 8, Reading - 7, Writing - 7 and Speaking - 7. If you miss clb 9 in any one of them then you will not receive those extra 50 skill transferablity points.

You had CLB 9 in Listening and other modules in your first attempt but in your second attempt although you scored more than CLB 9 in writing but you missed CLB 9 in Listening hence you did not receive 50 skill transferablity points. After achieving clb 9 you can add 3 points in each section if score clb 10 which is L-8.5, R- 8, W- 7.5 and S-7.5, so potentially another 12 points to add which will take your score to 449 from 437.

I hear you. But this part "CLB-9 is equivalent to minimum Listening- 8, Reading - 7, Writing - 7 and Speaking - 7" I got 8 with 8, 7.5, 7.5, 8. Not 9 . What did I do wrong?

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018

Ohhh I get it now. I got 8 in IELTS but in CLB it will b 9. I understand. But one more thing. When I put the highest scores in the express entry calculator my score raises only to 442. But I guess it' still something . Thanks for ur help

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Ohhh I get it now. I got 8 in IELTS but in CLB it will b 9. I understand. But one more thing. When I put the highest scores in the express entry calculator my score raises only to 442. But I guess it' still something . Thanks for ur help
Oh I missed it too, you already had clb 10 in speaking and writing in your 1st attempt, so another 6 points on the card to grab.

Reactions: Aarti123

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
Previous Score
L - 8
S -8
R - 7.5

New results
L - 7.5
S - 8
R - 9
W - 7.5
New score is 387!!
lol

What do u think, will the CRS cut off reach 430's ?

I am waiting for that .

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Received ITA at 444 in January, but let it expire as I did not manage my bank account properly and didnt want the application to be rejected. I had more than enough funds of my own in my account. A few months ago, I let a relative, who lived abroad, send the earnings to home country using my account, and the account shows abnormal credit and debit in the past 6 months. I didn't know I would receive the ITA just days after making EE profile. I should have been careful. But again, now I'm devastated that I let the opportunity slip off my hands. I had my own savings, in my own salary account. The abnormal transactions could have been justified by showing salary slips and employment contract of the relative. I should have submitted the application.

Now I have lost 5 points as I turned one year older. Waiting at 439 for the cut-off score to plunge like it did last May. Fingers crossed. I can improve just 3 more points by scoring CLB 10 in writing. My IELTS score is 9=L, 9=R, 8.5=S, W = 7 :s
Should I retake the test or just wait untill June? What do you guys think? Will the history repeat itself or the score will remain above 440?

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Although i have noi from oinp but still thinking of not taking it.
Reason : according to me if i file for oinp then it will take 3 months or so for nomination. After that i would be getting ITA.
But as people in the thread are expecting crs to come below 439 in another 2 months.
Then what is the need of taking.oinp.
I need experts guidance on my perspective as may be i m being too optimistic.
Please suggest experts and guide me with right way to follow.
go for it man.. I made the same mistake. Now I'm regretting it.

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017
Ya.. job offer. Got my LMIA yesterday and going to apply through GTS on Monday for work permit. If I get my ITA this week then probably I can set things in motion for PR , gather any additional documentation requested by them and then leave to Canada. That's my plan.. Have to see how it works.
@kavi21186 Did you add LMIA to your EE profile even before you got work permit?