+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Without her Canadian brother she already gave him 28 points. Which is more than what he lost for being married.

And her testimony is your real example.

Reality check. every year app. 3 000 000 people wants to get to Canada. (and that number is rising proportionally with the population explosion in some countries).
That is 10x more than the whole yearly quota.

So at the end of the day it is all about competition.
And yes those paper examples are hard but NOT impossible to reach. And if there will be enough people to reach them, then of course competition will be harder. So even your spouse needs to bring in points and not just to take a free ride.

What I understand as completely unfair for all those married when they are trying hard to get all CRS points together, are the cases where one suddenly decides to marry right after his AOR. And I strongly doubt that it is Las Vegas type of a decision.

But again that is for immigration to cope with it and see where it will lead.
Just ask her if she already had ITA or even PR. If yes, she is out of what we are talking about. When making argument about something, you need to focus on the facts/assumptions that are given. The entire discussion is about the general people who are ~440 and waiting for ITA.

I don't know if you keep going out of the topic just to prove you are right on purpose or not. But you really make me feel that you did it on purpose. Can you stay in the topic lane or not?

Last edited:

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You only gave him a big boost because of your Canadian brother Canadian PR brother +15 points. You need to follow the whole discussion to know what we are talking about. We never say anything about Canadian PR siblings.

By the way, with your profile you would get ITA sooner or later. Which in return out of the discussion on the topic that we are talking about.

One more time, please read the discussion from the beginning. Don't just jump into the middle.
Ok, my apologies. I won't jump into a discussion in a public thread again. You asked who the hell is qualified and with no recent work experience, so I just wanted to give you a RL example of that particular situation that you mentioned and regarded as highly unlikely. Bowing out now.

P.S. just saw you new post, if that's me you're talking about: no I don't have ITA or PR. My husband's CRS was 441 until last week when he lost 5 points due to his birthday.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, my apologies. I won't jump into a discussion in a public thread again. You asked who the hell is qualified and with no recent work experience, so I just wanted to give you a RL example of that particular situation that you mentioned and regarded as highly unlikely. Bowing out now.

P.S. just saw you new post, if that's me you're talking about: no I don't have ITA or PR. My husband's CRS was 441 until last week when he lost 5 points due to his birthday.
I see. Maybe you can consider to switch to main applicant. Job experiences are counted up to 10 years in the past for FSW.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just ask her if she already had ITA or even PR. If yes, she is out of what we are talking about. When making argument about something, you need to focus on the facts/assumptions that are given. The entire discussion is about people who are ~440 and waiting for ITA.

I don't know if you keep going out of the topic just to prove you are right on purpose or not. But you really make me feel that you did it on purpose. Can you stay in the topic lane or not?
I gave you calculation according to the points given when you are married or single. And that calculation is valid regardless if your total points are 440 or not.

So to summarize:

You can loose max. 10 points for age part when you are accompanied by a spouse. That is for the prime age 25-30 years. After that you start to loose slowly less and less points for being married.

You can loose max. 8 points for language skills (if all your skills are CBL 9 or higher). Of course if your language skill is weaker the penalisation for a spouse is smaller.
You can loose max. 10 points for education if you happen to have PHD. Anything below that is less points to loose.

So if you have nothing to do with Canada you would loose max 28 points on your prime age with top language skills and with a PHD.

To be able to go close to your "40 points", you would have to have 5 years of Canadian experience on the top.
But those very same 5 years would give you a boost of 70 points for Canadian work experience itself and practically undo all the damage which could be caused by an imperfect language (additional transferability points).

Now if you are saying that somebody with so much Canadian work experience is still hovering around 440 points, then something is wrong with that person and he must have suffered some severe penalisation elsewhere.
Why?
Because in those years in Canada getting a decent language knowledge is a must
And he must have some more education (to be able to have skilled work experience). (even a 2 years trades diploma will give you nice boost).

So now back to your 440 points example.

Such example would most likely suffer from lost of app. 25 points.
And this can be easily compensated if his / her spouse is good at 1 language and has some higher education.

So there are 2 basic scenarios there:
1. those that did all possible and maxed their score including spouses. Mostly experience people that got some age penalty. So these are less hoping and more learning French right now.
2. those young ones with master that can still get few extra points if they really want to, but they choose to hope and sit and wait instead of doing all needed to get ITA (for example paying 1500 CAD to get into Ontario, which is on a wish list of so many people).

So then you get post from the first group how they managed to get through
And also from the second group how they got and opportunity but let it be wasted.

Competition game, that what it is.

BEA78

Star Member
Aug 9, 2016
Mexico City
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I see. Maybe you can consider to switch to main applicant. Job experiences are counted up to 10 years in the past for FSW.
I did do the math, but we get a few more points with him as main applicant.

Also I just checked the detailed CRS criteria and in our particular case by being married he loses 16 points, but then he gets 15 more for my PR brother, and 28 for my degree and IELTS. So all in all, he comes out on top.

If he got CLB 10 he could gain 6 more points, which is our next step.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hardit singh

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Do people in here know the difference between loose and lose? :D:rolleyes:

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I gave you calculation according to the points given when you are married or single. And that calculation is valid regardless if your total points are 440 or not.

So to summarize:

You can loose max. 10 points for age part when you are accompanied by a spouse. That is for the prime age 25-30 years. After that you start to loose slowly less and less points for being married.

You can loose max. 8 points for language skills (if all your skills are CBL 9 or higher). Of course if your language skill is weaker the penalisation for a spouse is smaller.
You can loose max. 10 points for education if you happen to have PHD. Anything below that is less points to loose.

So if you have nothing to do with Canada you would loose max 28 points on your prime age with top language skills and with a PHD.

To be able to go close to your "40 points", you would have to have 5 years of Canadian experience on the top.
But those very same 5 years would give you a boost of 70 points for Canadian work experience itself and practically undo all the damage which could be caused by an imperfect language (additional transferability points).

Now if you are saying that somebody with so much Canadian work experience is still hovering around 440 points, then something is wrong with that person and he must have suffered some severe penalisation elsewhere.
Why?
Because in those years in Canada getting a decent language knowledge is a must
And he must have some more education (to be able to have skilled work experience). (even a 2 years trades diploma will give you nice boost).

So now back to your 440 points example.

Such example would most likely suffer from lost of app. 25 points.
And this can be easily compensated if his / her spouse is good at 1 language and has some higher education.

So there are 2 basic scenarios there:
1. those that did all possible and maxed their score including spouses. Mostly experience people that got some age penalty. So these are less hoping and more learning French right now.
2. those young ones with master that can still get few extra points if they really want to, but they choose to hope and sit and wait instead of doing all needed to get ITA (for example paying 1500 CAD to get into Ontario, which is on a wish list of so many people).

So then you get post from the first group how they managed to get through
And also from the second group how they got and opportunity but let it be wasted.

Competition game, that what it is.
Hmm, I think I quite understand on where you are coming from now. In my culture, both partners will work so it don't make sense to me the way you say. Because in the root of your calculation, the important thing is one of them must not working which in my mind is such a minority unless they are disable. It kinds of make sense now for me from your examples.

Wow, I must be overlooked on the amount of people who does not join the work force but want to come to Canada.

Pedropablo

Mar 15, 2018
Hi. Does 1560 hours in 1 year count as 1 years of experience, working 30 hrs per week and If i work 40 that counts more than a year??

Ex: 40 X 52=2080hr. If i work for 2.25 yr i have 4680hr that is the equivalence of 3 yr experience (1560x3)

Works like that or no?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Does 1560 hours in 1 year count as 1 years of experience, working 30 hrs per week and If i work 40 that counts more than a year??

Ex: 40 X 52=2080hr. If i work for 2.25 yr i have 4680hr that is the equivalence of 3 yr experience (1560x3)

Works like that or no?
No. It doesn't work like that.

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
@DelPiero07 Can you help with this as well?
My query lost in the discussion above.

Hello friends,
I am in a dilemma here!
My total experience is 4 years 8 months.
Out of this 3 years and 2 months exp was in NOC 2173 ( Software Engineer) but I was involved in some responsibilities listed in 6221, but majority of them belonged to 2173.
After this, I internally moved to a profile through internal job posting program which had the responsibilities listed under 6221. But the experience for this is just 1 years and 6 months.
I have applied in IRCC through 6221 and received an OINP.
I am apprehensive that I would not receive nomination due to this reason.

Shall I re-create my profile? Shall I edit my profile and list two NOCs (if there is a provision to do that)?
Will this hamper my NOI from OINP?

Waiting for expert opinion from you guys.
Thanks in advance!

CRS - 438
profile created - 19 Feb.

Mayur_M

Sep 2, 2017
Pune
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Guy's my birthday is on 4th April Wednesday. When does CRS drop in system? Incase, draw happens on that day? I'm at 445 now, will it drop to 440 on that day itself?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07 Can you help with this as well?
My query lost in the discussion above.

Hello friends,
I am in a dilemma here!
My total experience is 4 years 8 months.
Out of this 3 years and 2 months exp was in NOC 2173 ( Software Engineer) but I was involved in some responsibilities listed in 6221, but majority of them belonged to 2173.
After this, I internally moved to a profile through internal job posting program which had the responsibilities listed under 6221. But the experience for this is just 1 years and 6 months.
I have applied in IRCC through 6221 and received an OINP.
I am apprehensive that I would not receive nomination due to this reason.

Shall I re-create my profile? Shall I edit my profile and list two NOCs (if there is a provision to do that)?
Will this hamper my NOI from OINP?

Waiting for expert opinion from you guys.
Thanks in advance!

CRS - 438
profile created - 19 Feb.
I would not worry too much since you got NOI base on the truth that you gave. The other 3 years and 2 months exp can go to personal history later after you have your 600 points.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm, I think I quite understand on where you are coming from now. In my culture, both partners will work so it don't make sense to me the way you say. Because in the root of your calculation, the important thing is one of them must not working which in my mind is such a minority unless they are disable. It kinds of make sense now for me from your examples.

Wow, I must be overlooked on the amount of people who does not join the work force but want to come to Canada.
1. only qualified work is counted if you are main applicant.
2. you need to have full year of work experience within 1 NOC if you are main applicant
3. certain type of economic activities are really difficult to be proven as a skilled work experience.
4. you can decide to stay home and take care of children especially if your spouse has a very good income.
5. you might have other reasons why to stay out of standard jobs (for example taking care of an ill relative; relocating with your spouse to a country where you do not know the language hence it takes time to get something and at the start it might not be in line with your education or it might not be a skilled work).

And again you misunderstood. The root of that calculation is not about working or not working. it is simply about how many points you can get from your spouse and how many you can loose (regardless of his or her work experience).

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
I would not worry too much since you got NOI base on the truth that you gave. The other 3 years and 2 months exp can go to personal history later after you have your 600 points.
Actually in my EE application, I submitted just one NOC and indicated the complete experience with the same.
I was a novice and didn't know much. After reading the forums and blogs, I came to know that all the job positions I held should have been mentioned.

What shall I do?