+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
These links have complete info about the score system (read them all):

CRS scores: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Here open tab "TEF for CLB": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

More info about how the A, B, C levels convert to CLB , look for "NCLC":
http://www.fiaf.org/frenchclasses/frenchexam-tef.shtml

I've been learning French from fresh start one year and a couple months. I've taken the TEF test a week ago, still waiting for results. All I know so far is that I saw C1 on the computer screen for Listening and Reading.
I hope this will inspire you enough.
hi there,

C1 is equal to at least CLB7-8 and sometimes C1 can be equal to CLB9, for example in writing and speaking.
Well done and very good score indeed!
Tell me please how were your writing and speaking? Feeling relaxed? Were they easy for you?

Did you get a course? How much time did you spent per day for French learning?
I'm asking coz I have some students in this forum and I will tell them your story to motivate them.

PS: I scored CLB9 in both writing and speaking (C1) :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: StevieFray

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I graduated in 2014 started working in December 2014 and still working.
So it makes about 3 years of experience, WES accreditation for 4 years degree.
Listening 9, Reading Writing and Speaking 7.5 Each.
Age is 26 . So according to the CRS calculator it says I have score of 438.
I have just begun the process and joined this forum to get an insight on how this works and what all are the possibilities.
Hopes are high, may all get the best :)
I feel like you should have way more than 438 Points

Reactions: Tavaran Sran

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I feel like you should have way more than 438 Points
Yeah, that's what I thought, but his calculation is right. He only has a bachelor's degree, and he's single so he cannot get more poitns for wife's eca and ielts. Having a master's would have increased his score to over 470. But as of now his score is correct as per what he has mentioned.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, that's what I thought, but his calculation is right. He only has a bachelor's degree, and he's single so he cannot get more poitns for wife's eca and ielts. Having a master's would have increased his score to over 470. But as of now his score is correct as per what he has mentioned.
Have spouse will not increase your score but sometime decrease your scores instead. Since the main applicant is always the strongest one, the spouse will always drag your score down unless your spouse is also as good as you (it hard to find the two people with exact matches).

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I am a S/W developer with 441 score. After the last draw, i am not hopeful that i will be getting through EE sometime soon.

I am trying to explore PNP option, do you guys have any idea which province will give me PNP based on my score

4 year Bachelor degree

IELTS score: 8.5 overall
L : 9
R: 8
S: 8
W: 8

any suggestion on this is really appreciated.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a S/W developer with 441 score. After the last draw, i am not hopeful that i will be getting through EE sometime soon.

I am trying to explore PNP option, do you guys have any idea which province will give me PNP based on my score

4 year Bachelor degree

IELTS score: 8.5 overall
L : 9
R: 8
S: 8
W: 8

any suggestion on this is really appreciated.
I would say all provinces.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Have spouse will not increase your score but sometime decrease your scores instead. Since the main applicant is always the strongest one, the spouse will always drag your score down unless your spouse is also as good as you (it hard to find the two people with exact matches).

Yes, that's true. That's why I mentioned it's good to have spouse if he/she can add points through ECA and ielts, not otherwise. And in India (where I come from) most girls do have atleast graduate degrees so more often than not they are able to contribute positively to the overall score.

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
hi there,

C1 is equal to at least CLB7-8 and sometimes C1 can be equal to CLB9, for example in writing and speaking.
Well done and very good score indeed!
Tell me please how were your writing and speaking? Feeling relaxed? Were they easy for you?

PS: I scored CLB9 in both writing and speaking (C1) :cool:
Speaking and Writing was far worse for me. I'd be lucky to get B1 for those. This is the way it is when you self-study. I didn't take any courses simply for the lack of time and resources for that. Also French is my fourth language, so for example when I try to speak it the other 3 are constantly interfering.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Speaking and Writing was far worse for me. I'd be lucky to get B1 for those. This is the way it is when you self-study. I didn't take any courses simply for the lack of time and resources for that. Also French is my fourth language, so for example when I try to speak it the other 3 are constantly interfering.
I may invite you to our group for TEF learning purpose, that's whatsapp group, just contact my sister @trumprefugee and she may arrange that.
Hope you get your desired score if you pass one more time.
Good luck!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not true.

All you need is high skill in 1 language and that alone will compensate for any other losses. Or to have just below average language knowledge but a university degree that will do the trick as well.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not true.

All you need is high skill in 1 language and that alone will compensate for any other losses. Or to have just below average language knowledge but a university degree that will do the trick as well.
1. Are we referring to the same people? I'm talking about people with ~440 points as the context of conversations is going on. Spouse usually drag down the scores for these guys.

2. For people with <400 CRS, It would be better to let their spouses to become main candidate, assuming their spouses will have better score. If these people choose to let their spouses to become main applicant and their score go up to 400++. They fall back to the (1) situation already

3. For people with <400 CRS, and their spouses is worse than them. Yeah, sure if spouse have high IELTS and Bachelor will increase their scores. But isn't it will fall back to (2) which in turn fall back to (1)?

Of course there might be some out liner cases. But that generally is not the case for most of the people.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1. Are we referring to the same people? I'm talking about people with ~440 points as the context of conversations is going on. Spouse usually drag down the scores for these guys.

2. For people with <400 CRS, It would be better to let their spouses to become main candidate, assuming their spouses will have better score. If these people choose to let their spouses to become main applicant and their score go up to 400++. They fall back to the (1) situation already

3. For people with <400 CRS, and their spouses is worse than them. Yeah, sure if spouse have high IELTS and Bachelor will increase their scores. But isn't it will fall back to (2) which in turn fall back to (1)?

Of course there might be some out liner cases. But that generally is not the case for most of the people.
You're right. In the context of people with ~440 points, having a spouse is not an advantage. For this specific case...only master's will increase his score.

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
Hello friends,
I am in a dilemma here!
My total experience is 4 years 8 months.
Out of this 3 years and 2 months exp was in NOC 2173 ( Software Engineer) but I was involved in some responsibilities listed in 6221, but majority of them belonged to 2173.
After this, I internally moved to a profile through internal job posting program which had the responsibilities listed under 6221. But the experience for this is just 1 years and 6 months.
I have applied in IRCC through 6221 and received an OINP.
I am apprehensive that I would not receive nomination due to this reason.

Shall I re-create my profile? Shall I edit my profile and list two NOCs (if there is a provision to do that)?
Will this hamper my NOI from OINP?

Waiting for expert opinion from you guys.
Thanks in advance!

CRS - 438
profile created - 19 Feb.