AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Sorry, where is it mentioned that MF's are not accepted? It says bank or investment account which presumably means equity and MF investment as long as it is readily available. I think a lot of people have used MF's and even Provident Fund to meet POF requirement.
Am sorry, since I wasn't clear earlier.
CIC explicitly states that bank account shouldn't bare names who doesn't accompany you to canada. I have no idea on Mutual funds, but if your mutual fund account bears name who is other than you, then it is deemed unacceptable.
In addition to that, mutual fund will add complexity to your case. I suggest, you can transfer all the amount from your mutual to savings account to devoid of any ambiguity.

Yes. PF's can be used as a POF as it can be liquidated at any moment and PF's bares your name alone. To get more clarity, check this link for how to show PF's as POF. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-a-c-statement-from-pf-office-india.412640/

Reactions: Sandeep198511

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Answered in red.
Though I created profile with 433 I still not sure of few things, any clarification will help my understanding of process
1. The profile is submitted with my souse as primary applicant, but currently not working since 2 years (break to take care of our child) and has 4 years of experience prior to resignation. Is it fine to not currently work but has NOC related experience prior.
It is perfectly fine. You need not have to currently work to apply under EE. All you need is that you have sufficient document to prove your work history a.k.a work reference letter from previous organization.
2. We have sufficient funds transferred to one account, is it required to disclose all accounts we have ?
Though CIC states to disclose all accounts, it isn't mandatory. It is sufficient if you disclose the account which will used as a fund for canada. Additionally, you mentioned that you transferred amount to one account. In this case, I believe your 6 month bank balance will show a huge surge in transaction. Under which case will raise confusion regarding source of that amount. It can be clarified by explaining the source of income in LOE.
3. What and how we can explain the break in employment ?
You can explain any discrepancies and confusions under LOE

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017

Sahhmv

Dec 12, 2017
Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while now but this is my first time participating.

As everybody here I'm dreaming with the PR. I'm in the pool with 388 pts and I did the CELPIP again this last week waiting to get my pts to a 442 with the CLB 9, I will probably get the scores on the 20th so I really hope after that we will have a draw on the 440.

I would like to wish you all the best of luck and let's keep with hope that we're all gonna make it.

Thanks.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hello @tjsecondtry @andieangel @pessacanada @astralsource @Wandering Mind @sundar17feb99 @lino82 @trumprefugee @AlliBatista @abhishek_89 @TanakaM @GavinSouthAfrica @SGtoCAD @Lala1234 and all fellow aspirants

Pls forgive if i have missed any name

Just wanted to update you all that i got nominated by Nova Scotia

Thanks for all the support and knowledge

Good luck to all
So happy for you! I'm so glad to hear it worked out. Good luck with the rest of it and keep us posted on things. Would love to head how it goes once you get there.

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Am sorry, since I wasn't clear earlier.
CIC explicitly states that bank account shouldn't bare names who doesn't accompany you to canada. I have no idea on Mutual funds, but if your mutual fund account bears name who is other than you, then it is deemed unacceptable.
In addition to that, mutual fund will add complexity to your case. I suggest, you can transfer all the amount from your mutual to savings account to devoid of any ambiguity.

Yes. PF's can be used as a POF as it can be liquidated at any moment and PF's bares your name alone. To get more clarity, check this link for how to show PF's as POF. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-a-c-statement-from-pf-office-india.412640/
Is pf from my spouse and me is also acceptable ?

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
Reactions: Samroze

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi all,

I am feeling like the competition is soaring every second as the number of potential candidates are rising everyday. Do anyone of you feel the same, especially after the last weeks draw? i have seen the CRS allocation of November 30th and there were around 1950 candidates only above 450, however, by 6th of December the cutoff was seen to be 452 with 2750 ITA. A sudden rush of 800 applicants into the pool within 1 week, whose CRS is above 450 is quite alarming for people like us who are sitting on mid 430.

Anyway, what do you think guys? It does look like we might have to wait for quite some time now before getting our ITA :(

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi all,

I am feeling like the competition is soaring every second as the number of potential candidates are rising everyday. Do anyone of you feel the same, especially after the last weeks draw? i have seen the CRS allocation of November 30th and there were around 1950 candidates only above 450, however, by 6th of December the cutoff was seen to be 452 with 2750 ITA. A sudden rush of 800 applicants into the pool within 1 week, whose CRS is above 450 is quite alarming for people like us who are sitting on mid 430.

Anyway, what do you think guys? It does look like we might have to wait for quite some time now before getting our ITA :(
I think the only limiting factor here is the number of IETLS seats around the world. I think we can only have x amount of seats per test date right? If IELTS seats have not been maxed out yet then yes we can have increased competition. Another explanation could be they mark IELTS CLB 9 easier than before and more people got the CLB 9 results.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi all,

You're overlooking that there was a 3 week gap between draws.

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
I think the key to bring the CRS score below 440 is the increase in the number of ITAs issued. If the current number of 2750 is the figure to follow then we will see CRS swing between 440 and high 450s. Also the awareness of EE program globally is at its peak as most of the people started the process of WES and IELTs after seeing the low CRS scores in the middle of 2017. The competition will surely increase but the deciding factor will be the increase in ITA for the New Years quota which will become clear in jan 2018

Kaveh86

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
I think the key to bring the CRS score below 440 is the increase in the number of ITAs issued. If the current number of 2750 is the figure to follow then we will see CRS swing between 440 and high 450s. Also the awareness of EE program globally is at its peak as most of the people started the process of WES and IELTs after seeing the low CRS scores in the middle of 2017. The competition will surely increase but the deciding factor will be the increase in ITA for the New Years quota which will become clear in jan 2018
Another factor that has increased the cut-off scores since June is the introduction of extra points for siblings and French language. Since then, the cut-off point has never been lower than 433 which is 20 points higher than previous lowest cut-off score. So, nowadays a CRS 433 is equal to a CRS 413 in May or April.

Udymike

Dec 7, 2017
From what I read last on cic.
To consider part time jobs too,they now calculate total working hours thereby converting them to years.
Same applies to full time.
1560hours =1 year
I get your point but you cannot back date your months to match with your number of hours. Someone had worked more hours and calculated based on that but got rejected. The officer stated that it is based on months worked. What you are saying it is not wrong however one cannot use hours to calculate how long they have worked.

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
thanks. is there also a chance that your writing score can go down?
No. Your score may remain the same in worst case scenario. They don't reduce the score.

If you are confident that you wrote well then go for the EOR. An important point to note, If your other module scores are 2 bands higher than the one which needs re-check; then there's no point in getting it re-checked as it has already been checked twice.

Best of luck!

P.S. I also applied for an EOR and my results were given within 15 working days with 0.5 increase which helped me to get CLB 9. (test center was in Doha - IDP)