Ray of Hope - 80th Draw

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi, Can anyone please clarify my doubts about medical tests for EE. What documents are required for the medical test, is it just passport? Can the medicals be done before ITA?

Thanks
Advise to do medicals post-ITA for the simple reason that your PR Visa (single-entry by default), is determined by your medicals expiry date OR passport expiry date, whichever is earlier.

Documents needed are: Your passport, ITA/Express Entry copies, 4 photographs(some clinics may request only for 2).

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi!! Does the CRS score matter after receiving ITA? Suppose I get an ITA in June n submit documents by Aug n meanwhile loose 5 points because of birthday. Please revert. Tia
Nope, you won't lose points as a result of age. As a matter of fact, it has been explicitly mentioned once you receive the ITA.

Reactions: Baba2017

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a while, sorry. Life has just done what life does and gets in the way of well intended plans.

Just a short note to say that I feel the way most of you do. CIC are a bunch of a**holes and playing games with our emotions. I keep thinking that it must be impossible to hit their targets for the coming year while taking so few each draw. We all hear the press news of how Canada needs more and more people just like us. Their population is aging and that immigration is the cornerstone to their plans for theirs (and our) economic future. We hear about targets being increased year on year......but the CRS for the past few months has been going up and up with fewer and fewer ITAs issued. Go figure?

Well, I can't tell you how to feel or comprehend that. I can only tell you how I feel. For those of you who don't know me, I have been waiting almost 20 years to immigrate. I have posted lots before on my journey on this forum. And for reasons due to both CIC and myself it hasn't happened for me yet. If there is an advantage from waiting and trying for so long it's that I have learnt how the art of patience. I have realised that the time between great highs and lows is very short - measured frequently in months. And that things change very quickly. Only this summer I truly believed that I would have an ITA before Christmas and I would be enjoying a Tim Hortons in Toronto by this Easter. This is now looking highly unlikely. Now I am thinking that it will probably be late next year before I land. But that's okay. And that's the point I want to make. If I can be happy to wait another 6 or 12 months at my age (42) then most of you younger folks should not stress about waiting a few more months or stress about retaking your IELTS or contemplate trying a different route like a PNP. What I'm trying to say is that this is a marathon and not a sprint. And it's a marathon with many different routes to the same finishing line. And like a marathon, you are not racing against each other, but racing against yourself, to finish the race, to get a personal best, to be the best you can be. Don't panic, because panic leads to rash decisions, but stay the course, keep calm and focus on the goal. By focusing on the goal you will find new ways of getting to that finishing line. CIC provides lots of ways to get your ITA and I know there are paths that you haven't even considered yet. University courses, job offers and striving for higher IETLS. And if it takes you 3 months, 12 months or 20 years it's doesn't really matter, only that you have set yourself a target of finishing the race and that you finish it.

I feel that I'll cross that line in 2018 and get my personal best of 21 years. That's a great result and one I'll be very proud of. Good luck to one and all.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi everyone. I haven't posted for a while, sorry. Life has just done what life does and gets in the way of well intended plans.

Just a short note to say that I feel the way most of you do. CIC are a bunch of a**holes and playing games with our emotions. I keep thinking that it must be impossible to hit their targets for the coming year while taking so few each draw. We all hear the press news of how Canada needs more and more people just like us. Their population is aging and that immigration is the cornerstone to their plans for theirs (and our) economic future. We hear about targets being increased year on year......but the CRS for the past few months has been going up and up with fewer and fewer ITAs issued. Go figure?

Well, I can't tell you how to feel or comprehend that. I can only tell you how I feel. For those of you who don't know me, I have been waiting almost 20 years to immigrate. I have posted lots before on my journey on this forum. And for reasons due to both CIC and myself it hasn't happened for me yet. If there is an advantage from waiting and trying for so long it's that I have learnt how the art of patience. I have realised that the time between great highs and lows is very short - measured frequently in months. And that things change very quickly. Only this summer I truly believed that I would have an ITA before Christmas and I would be enjoying a Tim Hortons in Toronto by this Easter. This is now looking highly unlikely. Now I am thinking that it will probably be late next year before I land. But that's okay. And that's the point I want to make. If I can be happy to wait another 6 or 12 months at my age (42) then most of you younger folks should not stress about waiting a few more months or stress about retaking your IELTS or contemplate trying a different route like a PNP. What I'm trying to say is that this is a marathon and not a sprint. And it's a marathon with many different routes to the same finishing line. And like a marathon, you are not racing against each other, but racing against yourself, to finish the race, to get a personal best, to be the best you can be. Don't panic, because panic leads to rash decisions, but stay the course, keep calm and focus on the goal. By focusing on the goal you will find new ways of getting to that finishing line. CIC provides lots of ways to get your ITA and I know there are paths that you haven't even considered yet. University courses, job offers and striving for higher IETLS. And if it takes you 3 months, 12 months or 20 years it's doesn't really matter, only that you have set yourself a target of finishing the race and that you finish it.

I feel that I'll cross that line in 2018 and get my personal best of 21 years. That's a great result and one I'll be very proud of. Good luck to one and all.
Well-articulated post- appreciate your tenacity to get this going, and supplying these tidbits of wisdom.

Bonne chance.

Reactions: shaun75

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi, Can anyone please clarify my doubts about medical tests for EE. What documents are required for the medical test, is it just passport? Can the medicals be done before ITA?

Thanks
yes, you can go for medical exam before ITA. just passport is required.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018

We are with you in this marathon shaun . let's reach together with optimism :)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Advice please..
My mother sold her gold jewellery and has given me money in cash to prove my funds..she has no account in any bank and was paid in cash for the gold she sold.
Is it ok for me attach recipt and make gift deed?
Please advice me as i am too much confused
Futher more...my employer also pay my salary in cash...although taxes doesnt apply to my salary but yet i am worried whether my case will be accepted or not
It is absolutely fine to include sale receipt of gold to prove the source of the money. You need to translate the receipt to French or Engligh if it is any other language. Make sure you make a gift deed between your mom and you and notarise it. Explain the gold receipt in the gift deed as well as in the Letter of Explanation (LoE) when you submit this during eAPR stage. Don't be stressed, You are on the right track.

About proof of work: All you need a work experience/reference letter from your employer. For express entry if you submit this letter according to their requirements then you need nothing else.
The experience letter should be-

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
Do not worry about cash payment, it is enough to mention your annual salary in the experience letter. IRCC has no problem if your yearly salary is below taxable limit.
Hope this help. Good luck!

Reactions: Telescopee0

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022

Hey pal, let me tell you what CIC might be trying to do here, most probably. They are increasing the publicity about immigration quotas and all the multi level immigration plan as a result of this, all the top notch professionals are getting attracted towards EE as like bees geeting attracted to new flower for pollination. Here, an interesting thing to notice is that despite the quotas, CIC seems to be waiting for the high end professionals to apply with 450+ CRS score and when we will have around 3000 people with 450+, they will be drawing and release ITA's.

Don't be suprized if we dont see any single draws in 2018 who CRS is below 440. Indeed, CIC is defnitely worth praising for their very intelligent tactics. But Alas, for people like us it doesn't look so good in terms of getting ITA sooner. Its not about being pessimistic but rather more logical considering the current situation.

What do you think guys?

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
Hey pal, let me tell you what CIC might be trying to do here, most probably. They are increasing the publicity about immigration quotas and all the multi level immigration plan as a result of this, all the top notch professionals are getting attracted towards EE as like bees geeting attracted to new flower for pollination. Here, an interesting thing to notice is that despite the quotas, CIC seems to be waiting for the high end professionals to apply with 450+ CRS score and when we will have around 3000 people with 450+, they will be drawing and release ITA's.

Don't be suprized if we dont see any single draws in 2018 who CRS is below 440. Indeed, CIC is defnitely worth praising for their very intelligent tactics. But Alas, for people like us it doesn't look so good in terms of getting ITA sooner. Its not about being pessimistic but rather more logical considering the current situation.

What do you think guys?
Your logic seems flawed to me considering there were only 2 draws with CRS above 450 in the last 10 months. The year quota is resulting in less frequent draws and ITA nos I am sure CRS will come done start of 2018. Whether it comes down in low 400s or 420s that will become clear in the first few draws of 2018

Reactions: shaun75

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Your logic seems flawed to me considering there were only 2 draws with CRS above 450 in the last 10 months. The year quota is resulting in less frequent draws and ITA nos I am sure CRS will come done start of 2018. Whether it comes down in low 400s or 420s that will become clear in the first few draws of 2018
The logic might come into action in full format in 2018, what we saw with the last two draws of the CRS to be above 450 is just a hint. I will be very happy if I am proved wrong, but looking at the very high CRS scores of the applicants and growing tenacity of the rising applicants might make the competition much more intense.

Having said that, I want the CRS to go down !!

Mujahed28

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi seniors
I am applying for uk pcc ,they want two proof of address for me and my wife .
The main prob is my wife changed her name after marriage and she only have her passport in new name ,rest all documents are in her old name.
We live with my parents and she doesn’t have any paper in her name as proff of add,except passport .
Which documents should we send as proff address and is it necessary to send our marriage certificate to show that she changes her name
Thanks

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018

What do you think guys?
You’re forgetting that the draw sizes are smaller right now and they were small in 2015 and 2016 as well. No one expected they would increase. The same is applicable. We don’t know if the draw size will stay small, increase or get smaller.

There is no point speculating. We’ll find out soon enough, the new year isn’t too far away.

The world is competitive. Most developed nations are stringent in this respect but that doesn’t make them less lucrative. Yes, getting into Canada is easier because the doors are open and they will create an interest in people to apply. Especially since approximately 30 percent ITAs are declined or rejected post application.

You’re also forgetting that someone with less than 30 years of age, with a CLB10, 3 years of experience, siblings in Canada, Edcuation and work experience in Canada will be above 450. That doesn’t mean they are stellar professionals just like it doesn’t mean those with lesser scores are less professional. There’s no such discrimination. I don’t see how the CIC can possibly predict whether top notch professionals are applying for EE program or not.

I understand your angst and I would request not to spread panic by making predictions that have basis in 2 draws alone. There are people who have been waiting for years, who have been patient and kept trying, remained hopeful and made it through. I would choose to be like them. I don’t see a reason to give up and speculate negatively when I haven’t even been part of the process for 2 months.

Last edited: