Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have been gathering documents since April this year and this is the first time i am feeling anxiety just for an ITA. There is still a long way to go.

I am badly waiting for draw to happen today.
I’m collecting documents since May 2016, been in the pool since November 2016, imagine how I feel.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
NO energy today in this thread. I think people are not expecting any draw today. Where's the ray of hope guys. bring in the positive vibes you never know IRCC is closely monitoring this thread and waiting for us to push them.:D

BTW is it my system or this website is slow today?:confused:
I'm just catching up on the thread now and this website is being slow and sometimes timing out for me.

mpitillo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Not sure if anyone else here has gone through a similar situation than I, but I thought could be worth a shot for my question...

My partner and I were used to have a Canadian PR, via CEC 1 (Canadian Experience Class), since 2014. Almost half year after getting it, we had to move to England because of work reasons. We have recently, in May 2017, purposeful relinquished our Canadian PR - as recommended by a lawyer since we wouldn’t meet the minimum year requirements to keep it - so we could apply again in the future via Express Entry. We have plans to finally move back to Canada, maybe next year or so, so we have finally opened the initial application this past Saturday. According to the application, we have scored together a good CRS so we are trying to be confident on this.

My question is.. because we have had owned a PR in the past and have relinquished it, does anyone know what is the best way to justify this to CIC so they don’t think we were “ungrateful” or something? Or even if our chances gets lower because of that? At the time, our lawyer recommended to write some sort of “Humanatarian submission” letter explaining it, and she said that she don’t believe we can be affected by it. I was wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation and if they know of any template for these types of letters or any recommendations?

Thanks for your time! And good luck to all of us!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just ability to speak good English or French can boost someone's score by 50 to 100 points, does it mean who is a masters or phd holder with 10 years of experience is less eligible than one who got invitation with high language proficiency but only with a bachelor degree and one year of experience? Certainly not.
Unfortunately that is exactly what it means. If for the sake of the simulation, you will take experienced person with Master diploma and 10+ years of experience but with CBL below 9. And against it somebody with a Bachelor degree but with CBL 9 to 10 from English and with around 1-2 years of work experience, then funny enough the one with perfect language will end up with more CRS points. (if you assume, that neither nor has any Canadian school or work experience)
Why?
1. The one with work experience is somebody over 35 years old (how else he or she could finish Master degree or MBA / PHD and get their 10+ years after that). That will cost you 30+ points. (and you can do nothing about it)
2. The other one however is most of the time young applicant 23-28 years old. (Unlike work experience, you can learn language since your childhood, so the end of your Bachelor degree, you would be perfect in it). Such candidate will suffer no points loss.
3. On a CRS scale, any work experience beyond 3 years of work experience does not matter anymore (it will get you in, as it will compensate for your older age, but it will not bring you anywhere closer to ITA). However language knowledge under CBL 9 makes your work experience much less relevant. Point-wise it will come to the level of 1-2 years of work experience (25 points instead of 50).
4. The language geek will get the same points, because CBL 9 will maximize shorter work experience. (same 25 points earned there).
5. Education - the only bonus one will get is for education itself (between 10 to 30 points depending if you have 2 university diplomas, Master or MBA or a final PHD). However for the transferability he will again gain just half of the full potential (25 points instead of 50).
6. Bachelor degree for the other applicants will not give him as many points for education, but he will get same amount of transfer points (25 points because of the high language level)
7. Language - here the one with better language skills is the clear winner. Depending on the language difference, he can earn 8-30 more points. And if that person worked on French then the bonus is much bigger (50+ points.)
Summarisation:
The experienced one will loose any bonus gained from the education points in order to compensate for his age. other than that, he will gain no extra transferability points, when compared to somebody with a high language skill.
At the end the one with the high language skill will get more points because of the better language skills on the top.
So the ideal candidate without Canadian connection is:
A PHD degree holder with 2 fluent languages and with 1-2 years of work experience (which do not have to be related to his university studies). With new rules for French, you can get that way up to 500+ points.

It is true that they want people who can easily cope in the vibrant Canadian society however they must have also know that a skillful person with moderate language ability can also be very handy for their economic growth.
The main reason, why age is more important than work experience is, that the younger you are, the longer you can stay, work and pay the taxes. So they prefer tax net payers against social benefit net users.

Reactions: Mithu3

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Eagerly waiting for the draw.
Whati I have observed from the last few draws, CIC is taking a gap for around 15-20 days this will neither increasing nor decreasing the CRS score but ranging in 430s.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Unfortunately that is exactly what it means. If for the sake of the simulation, you will take experienced person with Master diploma and 10+ years of experience but with CBL below 9. And against it somebody with a Bachelor degree but with CBL 9 to 10 from English and with around 1-2 years of work experience, then funny enough the one with perfect language will end up with more CRS points. (if you assume, that neither nor has any Canadian school or work experience)
Why?
1. The one with work experience is somebody over 35 years old (how else he or she could finish Master degree or MBA / PHD and get their 10+ years after that). That will cost you 30+ points. (and you can do nothing about it)
2. The other one however is most of the time young applicant 23-28 years old. (Unlike work experience, you can learn language since your childhood, so the end of your Bachelor degree, you would be perfect in it). Such candidate will suffer no points loss.
3. On a CRS scale, any work experience beyond 3 years of work experience does not matter anymore (it will get you in, as it will compensate for your older age, but it will not bring you anywhere closer to ITA). However language knowledge under CBL 9 makes your work experience much less relevant. Point-wise it will come to the level of 1-2 years of work experience (25 points instead of 50).
4. The language geek will get the same points, because CBL 9 will maximize shorter work experience. (same 25 points earned there).
5. Education - the only bonus one will get is for education itself (between 10 to 30 points depending if you have 2 university diplomas, Master or MBA or a final PHD). However for the transferability he will again gain just half of the full potential (25 points instead of 50).
6. Bachelor degree for the other applicants will not give him as many points for education, but he will get same amount of transfer points (25 points because of the high language level)
7. Language - here the one with better language skills is the clear winner. Depending on the language difference, he can earn 8-30 more points. And if that person worked on French then the bonus is much bigger (50+ points.)
Summarisation:
The experienced one will loose any bonus gained from the education points in order to compensate for his age. other than that, he will gain no extra transferability points, when compared to somebody with a high language skill.
At the end the one with the high language skill will get more points because of the better language skills on the top.
A PHD degree holder with 2 fluent languages and with 1-2 years of work experience (which do not have to be related to his university studies). With new rules for French, you can get that way up to 500+ points.

The main reason, why age is more important than work experience is, that the younger you are, the longer you can stay, work and pay the taxes. So they prefer tax net payers against social benefit net users.
My whole discussion was about common confusion between Eligibility and Ranking! People often mix-up eligibility with ranking and think CRS ranking point is the base criteria for receiving ITA. I am not disagreeing that language ability can differentiate in a long way and people with high ranking points currently receiving ITAs. But ranking position does not decide eligibility. People with lesser ranking also eligible but they are not receiving ITA currently. This is only happening because IRCC cannot invite 11 thousand eligible candidate above 400 at one go. They simply do not have that capacity. They are not limiting people at certain CRS cap; they are just inviting certain number of candidate according to their current capacity and this number is setting the CRS. Once they start inviting higher number of candidates this CRS cutoff will automatically go down and fetch all eligible candidates in near future. any person with a bachelor degree, work experience and language ability should score near or above 400. They wouldn't have let people join the pool below 400 if there was any CRS cap at any number above 400. They made this draw system in such way that people all who are eligible to migrate to Canada will be invited to apply sooner or later. ITAs are not issued based on CRS but the capacity of IRCC to handle the ITA number is setting the CRS.

jatinsingh787

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Eagerly waiting for the draw.
Whati I have observed from the last few draws, CIC is taking a gap for around 15-20 days this will neither increasing nor decreasing the CRS score but ranging in 430s.
by the time next draw comes out... the pool again gets filled with new competitive score..may be that's the reason it would not be easy to expect lower CRS . Also french speakers n siblings points tends to stop the crs to fall down since june 2017

Reactions: baka

Ilyas0910

Sep 20, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Hi,

Any body with any information on PEI PNP?
Heard they are accepting requests as of now.

Last edited:

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Why?
Summarisation:

A very well written observation, indeed. However, I guess the main reason the CRS points diversification has been designed is for the sole purpose of the Canadian government to pick candidates who are young, energized to sustain the adaptability and professional challenges of the Country. That is to say, they already have aged people, more than necessary, which has been another powerful factor behind the rising immigration quota's every year, so their propensity towards the young working class people are inevitable, basically for two reasons; first is because the targeted young adult can contribute substantially to the GDP growth of the country, and also cause they are more potent to increase the population of the country, which has been an indirect craving of the central authority for quite a long time now.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
A very well written observation, indeed. However, I guess the main reason the CRS points diversification has been designed is for the sole purpose of the Canadian government to pick candidates who are young, energized to sustain the adaptability and professional challenges of the Country. That is to say, they already have aged people, more than necessary, which has been another powerful factor behind the rising immigration quota's every year, so their propensity towards the young working class people are inevitable, basically for two reasons; first is because the targeted young adult can contribute substantially to the GDP growth of the country, and also cause they are more potent to increase the population of the country, which has been an indirect craving of the central authority for quite a long time now.
I don’t agree, and I think they should change the ranking system in a way that people who bring kids should get more points because in that way you are already increasing Canadian population, and also differences between 29 year old person and 33 year old person is 20 points solely for age and that’s not fair because in real life and working abilities there’s no difference whatsoever.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I don’t agree, and I think they should change the ranking system in a way that people who bring kids should get more points because in that way you are already increasing Canadian population, and also differences between 29 year old person and 33 year old person is 20 points solely for age and that’s not fair because in real life and working abilities there’s no difference whatsoever.
Hi, Actually they are already promoting families with children to move out to their country, and, as an example, we can see the recent changes where they have allocated the children, even at 22 years old, as a dependent applicant. Having said that, I agree with you about awarding extra points to the applicants with more children as this will help to raise the Population of Canada. But, perhaps the reason behind taking back 20 points over the small difference in age factor might be because comparing the applicant who is currently at 29 would reach the retirement age four years later compared to the applicant who is at his mid-thirties. So, in order to make it an all win situation for the CIC, probably they would like to have more 29 years old applicant rather than the over thirty age group. Well, this is just my point of view :)

But, I would like to wish the very best to all the applicants, irrespective of the ages and family size : )