+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 75th Draw

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I wouldn't agree to this. As of CIC thinks in this way why they decrease points of primary applicant and given those points to spouse?
Keep primary applicant points as it is and if anyone add spouse than it will be an added advantage to them.
In 2017 CRS score start at around 468. And it ends at around 436.
What will happen in 2018?. Where it ends? Start at 436 but end????
I agree, CIC doesn't consider couples as a bonus. It seems to ignore the commitment and stability that couples tend to have more of than single folks. But, it's their choice, so no use beating our heads against the wall.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
IM SO SORRY YOU GUYS! I just re-read my PPR email, it mentioned to have atleast 12 months validity for passports at the time of submission.
Please do take note guys!
Thanks, that's good to know. For those applying for OINP, OINP requires you to have at least 2 years on your passport when you apply, so I got my passport renewed when I started applying for OINP (only to miss the deadline by 1 day :mad:). I still had 9 months left on my passport, so it's good to know that I would have had to renew my passport soon anyway.

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Well we are the small people in this world. May be we don't even know Canada very well and the policy makers of Canada immigration are expert people. They definitely more capable than us and know Canada very well and it's requirements.
A single system can never satisfy all the living organisms.
The world is standing on the pillers of HOPE. Let's be there and waiting and waiting.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
May be you all r right with giving priorety to maried people. But on the the other hand single people will have more disposable income thus they help economic cycle in keep moving by reinvesting money.

Moreover singles tend to take jobs even in far flung areas as far as they r getting good money because of the ease of moving at their part and less hessel of moving and setteling a family.

So both populations r equally important for Canadian Economy and
I wish all single n maried candidates a Canadian PR.
I'd say single and married people bring different advantages to the community, and we need both. I don't like the bias against older applicants that starts at age 30 due to my personal situation and the fact that people are living longer and remaining healthy and productive for longer these days. As we say in the US at least, 30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30, etc. However, I can also understand the reasons behind this bias. The population of Canada (and other developed countries) is aging, so Canada wants to bring in younger immigrants to offset this. And younger immigrants are also more likely to have kids than older ones. I agree there should be some loss of points for increasing age, but starting at 30 is too early in my opinion.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don’t know the basic of economics, because if you did, you would know that children are future tax payers for all of you single people who will retire in 30 years. This is how system works. And there is no extra cost for Canadian system for children because in order for schools to exist and theachers to have their jobs there need to be children to go to schools in the first place. And non of us who has 10 or more experience in our filed wouldn’t want to take junior positions or get more certified in order to have a better carrier and salary.
First, please read correctly my statement. Not to have children in Canada does not equal not to have children at all.
Secondly, please there is no such thing as free. All those teachers are paid from taxes. All those doctors are paid from taxes.
So children are for the first 16 to 18 year clear benefit users without any contribution.

Ideal case for Canada are the older children 16+, which require little to no free education (Education is "free" until the child is 16 years old min and 18 max.), and much less additional free health care (the frequency of a doctor visit with a small child is much higher than with older one). In exchange such child can start working or paying for education or both.
Again from the point of view of government it is better to have single applicants or childless couples, that will occupy smaller apartment units. Why? The rental costs of a bachelor den or 1 room apartment when calculated per square m or square foot is higher than for those renting 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or a house.
Why?
Eg. Family with 2 children will use 3 rooms apartment, while 2 couples would rather use 2 separate apartments (1 or 2 bedrooms). And 4 singles might end up using up to 4 different apartments. Now when you check the renting prices, the rent does not go that much up (eg. if 1 bedroom is for 800 per month, 2 bedrooms are for 1000 and 3 bedrooms for 1200). And from each rental, the government gets the money from taxing this service.
That also leads to thinking that for government it is better to have overpressure on the housing market, where prices are forcing many to rent rather than to buy.

In addition, having children usually leads to the moment where 1 of the parents is at home for certain amount of time. Which leads to lower taxation per family (the income of the working one is calculated for whole family and the paid amount of taxes is reduced).

Canadian model is not that much to raise their own generation, but rather to import people in their 20 after spending nothing for their education. And of course choose the most suitable on the top of it.

The only province, where you can get additional points for children is Quebec. But here they are used as an anchor to keep you in the province (people with small children tend much less ready to move and change the cities within Canada).
When you check provincial programs for one of the 2 most popular provinces - BC, you will see no such thing. On a contrary - BC is clearly showing, that they are only interested in net tax payer (your salary is entrance criteria for one of their programs) or if you have studied there.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys….

I don’t post very often as you can see from my post count but this discussion about eligibility and CRS is very interesting and I felt inclined to add my $0.02.

Let me start off by giving my particulars. I’m 33 years old with a Bachelor’s Degree and CLB10, single with approximately 10 years of experience in my respective field and CRS of 419. Do I have a realistic chance of attaining an ITA at some point? By the Canadian ranking standard, I’m too “old” even though I still have more than 30 years to contribute to the Canadian economy as by the time I retire, I don’t know what the retirement age will be.

I still have lots of time to procreate and bring children into the society which means when they’re older, they can contribute as well. But it all seems a bit skewed for persons like myself who are in the middle of the spectrum and there is no telling what CIC will think of next.

I’m into Accounting so there really was no need for me to get a Master’s as it’s not necessary once you work toward a designation but clearly for immigration purposes, I’m not “good enough” because I don’t have these extra letters behind my name. My experience doesn’t count for much after 3 years, yet it has allowed me to accumulate the funds needed for settlement.

On paper, I’m not an ideal candidate but in reality, I’m perfect. Am I ready to relocate and settle? Of course, if not I won’t be going through this process. Will I be willing to take a junior level job to gain experience? In a heartbeat because this is only the start of an awesome journey and I’m in it for the long-haul.

The issue I’m finding with the current system is the fact that serious candidates are being overlooked because they’re over 30 but can still add so much value to a country as diverse as Canada. Younger persons are generally preferred because they’re more “adaptable” but that doesn’t mean they’re even serious about the entire process.

Immigration should not be a decision you take lightly like going to the local shelter and finding yourself a pet that you can return if you no longer want it or buying a house when you know you have the option of selling at any point. It’s a huge life decision and chances are you will be putting your current life behind and sometimes hauling your family halfway across the world to start anew.

I do understand it’s a competition and I’m happy for those who have been successful thus far but it’s difficult to sit where I am and wonder if I’ll ever be good enough….

Sorry for the long post!
Very good point, I think the same.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
First, please read correctly my statement. Not to have children in Canada does not equal not to have children at all.
Secondly, please there is no such thing as free. All those teachers are paid from taxes. All those doctors are paid from taxes.
So children are for the first 16 to 18 year clear benefit users without any contribution.

Ideal case for Canada are the older children 16+, which require little to no free education (Education is "free" until the child is 16 years old min and 18 max.), and much less additional free health care (the frequency of a doctor visit with a small child is much higher than with older one). In exchange such child can start working or paying for education or both.
Again from the point of view of government it is better to have single applicants or childless couples, that will occupy smaller apartment units. Why? The rental costs of a bachelor den or 1 room apartment when calculated per square m or square foot is higher than for those renting 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or a house.
Why?
Eg. Family with 2 children will use 3 rooms apartment, while 2 couples would rather use 2 separate apartments (1 or 2 bedrooms). And 4 singles might end up using up to 4 different apartments. Now when you check the renting prices, the rent does not go that much up (eg. if 1 bedroom is for 800 per month, 2 bedrooms are for 1000 and 3 bedrooms for 1200). And from each rental, the government gets the money from taxing this service.
That also leads to thinking that for government it is better to have overpressure on the housing market, where prices are forcing many to rent rather than to buy.

In addition, having children usually leads to the moment where 1 of the parents is at home for certain amount of time. Which leads to lower taxation per family (the income of the working one is calculated for whole family and the paid amount of taxes is reduced).

Canadian model is not that much to raise their own generation, but rather to import people in their 20 after spending nothing for their education. And of course choose the most suitable on the top of it.

The only province, where you can get additional points for children is Quebec. But here they are used as an anchor to keep you in the province (people with small children tend much less ready to move and change the cities within Canada).
When you check provincial programs for one of the 2 most popular provinces - BC, you will see no such thing. On a contrary - BC is clearly showing, that they are only interested in net tax payer (your salary is entrance criteria for one of their programs) or if you have studied there.
I understand your point, just don’t agree with you and the whole system of rewarding points and I believe rules will change in the future in a favor of people who are coming as a couple and people with children, CIC will adapt accordingly after some time passes and they have numbers on basis of which they can do better research.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I'd say single and married people bring different advantages to the community, and we need both. I don't like the bias against older applicants that starts at age 30 due to my personal situation and the fact that people are living longer and remaining healthy and productive for longer these days. As we say in the US at least, 30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30, etc. However, I can also understand the reasons behind this bias. The population of Canada (and other developed countries) is aging, so Canada wants to bring in younger immigrants to offset this. And younger immigrants are also more likely to have kids than older ones. I agree there should be some loss of points for increasing age, but starting at 30 is too early in my opinion.
I agree, age limit at 30 is too early.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Sorry for the elementary question:

For a particular draw - is everyone with the score above a certain number for that draw issued an ITA ? or the authorities pick and choose profiles from the pool who have a certain CRS score and above during that draw?

Stoick

Jun 27, 2017
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1-Jun-2017
Is PPR basically same term as landing?
If I do "in-land" PPR at local CIC offices, I guess I don't need 6 months validity since I am not travelling internationally.
I believe that 6 months validity law is a part of traveling, not immigration
No PPR is Passport Request. The final stage before approval. You do landing after you get the approved passport and COPR

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys….

I don’t post very often as you can see from my post count but this discussion about eligibility and CRS is very interesting and I felt inclined to add my $0.02.

Let me start off by giving my particulars. I’m 33 years old with a Bachelor’s Degree and CLB10, single with approximately 10 years of experience in my respective field and CRS of 419. Do I have a realistic chance of attaining an ITA at some point? By the Canadian ranking standard, I’m too “old” even though I still have more than 30 years to contribute to the Canadian economy as by the time I retire, I don’t know what the retirement age will be.
You have several options how to fix your situation:
1. get PNP nomination - the fastest way (if you are a bit lucky of course).
2. Get second university degree (it does not have to be Master or MBA, Whatever Bachelor will be ok). You will loose at least 5 points getting it, but you can get 25 points from transferability and some points for education so you will ent up with 25+ points (even after the age penalty).
3. Learn French - the option with most bonus points potential. If you are good language learner getting CBL 5 is possible within 1 year time (if you really want to immigrate, there is no discussion about lack of time for that purpose). You will get some extra points there and 15 points on the top. So again this can bump you to app. 15+ points. And if you manage to get it to CBL 7, you can get 30 bonus points (lets say in 2 years). With that you will get +30 points in your score (all that is after calculating down your age penalty).

Then there are also 2 other options:
1. Go for Canadian university - very expensive one, but it will give you better points boost and access to more PNP programs.
2. If you are from the country that has working holiday program with Canada, go for it. Much cheaper, but it will put hole in your Resume, but you might be able to secure Canadian work experience with additional points for Transferability and for work experience.

So if you really want to immigrate, work on those options (you can even combine them for more points), rather than bench warming and hoping for ITA.

Good luck.

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
No PPR is Passport Request. The final stage before approval. You do landing after you get the approved passport and COPR
So that 6 months validity rule is for PRR, not for landing! Jeez!
That probably means I can't even attempt to do "in-land" landing if I don't pass the PRR stage....

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Sorry for the elementary question:

For a particular draw - is everyone with the score above a certain number for that draw issued an ITA ? or the authorities pick and choose profiles from the pool who have a certain CRS score and above during that draw?
Every candidate who has a CRS score equal to or above the cuttoff is issued an ITA. No pick and choose.

Best of luck

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017

Why?

Teachers, Doctors and many professions are state sponsored i.e. paid through taxes but imagine if a state is giving more importance to single applicants then the number of children will also decrease in these places which are schools, hospitals etc. Considering this fact there is a high possibility that government would choose to close down some institutions which will lead to redundancies (hike in unemployment).

Real Estate market is not weighted just by the rentals but it's strongest indicator is the movement of their prices which is derived by demand. A single individual who immigrates to a new country would not buy a house but would rather rent it in a place which is nearer to it's work place or other points of interest. This means that most of the areas away from the downtown which are mostly covered by houses and town houses will observe a significant decrease in demand. on the contrary, a family would prefer a house whether rented or purchased / mortgaged.

On top of all, a couple with a child or no child is given same treatment in the CRS ranking but single applicants are given a priority.

I am not saying that Single applicants shouldnot be considered at all but should not be preferred more over the married ones. Especially those which are in their early 30s. As this is the generation which is already married, possesses good savings, matured enough to take the challenge and looking for a better and secured life. On the otherhand Single applicants hop jobs more frequently, arrive with limited funds, pass on the time, move to different provinces and if they get a better opportunity outside Canada they move again (so where's the longterm benefit for economy?).

Canada is currently observing a boom in education tourism and young adults between the age of 18 - 27 years are moving to canada for their higher studies (student visas). These children are basically the assets of future economy. Giving these children top priority is the most accurate way and this is exactly what the government's aim is.

As far as the income is concerned, most of the married couples now work. The trend of one of them sitting at home and looking after kids is over.

BTW it is my belief that IRCC deternmines its biweekly cutoff considering the number of depedents as well. They check how many dependents are attached to their required threshold and then they decide the cutoff.