+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Its Friday, i need ask a very urgent question,
Does anyone know which one is a draw attracting beer?
I mean the one you had it on a weekend and draw happened on Wednesday.
(Skip corona, it does t work)
Please dont mention fav beer, i have kept that topic for Yukon fiesta( what ? I self invited myself, nevermind)
Thanks!
You meant sip Corona :eek:..??
it did work a few times ..,;)

jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
1 more draw Buddy.! 1 more draw. Hopefully by next Wednesday you should receive that golden mail. Best wishes. :)
Thanks so much...that's consoling to receive a reassurance that I am not far away...cheers !! definitely it will be a golden mail and may b I will print that out and hang on the wall or something ;) hehe

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vensak,

I am taking that you are trying to understand my decisions rather not critizing me.
Nope, I am criticizing you. When posting on a public forum you run into that chance to be critized.

I will explain to you why I did not take the spousal stream.

Yes, I got married in December. I received my Alberta nomination even before I got married that's why I went on to submit my PNP application early Jan 2017 since I have all my documents ready for submission (ielts, transcript, diploma, work references) in hoping by now atleast I received a medical request already. But no luck yet.
Length of the process does not depend on our internal wishes, but it depends on how much they are overloaded with other applications (for example duplicit applications) and then of course on how deep background check is requested there (that is maybe the reason why any type of application can take years).

On the other hand, I got so skeptical of applying spousal sponsorship. Two of my friends' spousal sponsorship applications are still in process which they have submitted their application in mid 2015. Even till now they have not received their PRs yet. That's more than 2 years still in process. I am not saying that my fate will be the same as them, I'd rather not go thru that nigtmare. I also read a lot of spousal sponsorship experiences here in this forum. I love how people are so open with their expereinces. I am learning lots of things. However, this is not the main reason why I'd rather go through the PNP or EE route. .
When it comes to the timing, it is as I said above (depends on the capacity and requirement of the deep screening). When using spousal sponsorship, you do not need to prove language skills, education, or not excessive demand on the health system.) In istelf that stream is not more complicated that EE stream. Just your paperwork is focused on a bit different points. The good part is, that you with your married status are able to get work visa rather easily based on your marriage (and that is regardless of your immigration stream). And from the looks of thing, they are overcrouded with spousal request and since they have quota but at the same time, they do not want start rejecting, hence all it getting slower.

On the first place, I did not come to Canada to get married and get my husband to sponsor me and my son. It was not part of my plan, meeting my husband just happened along they way. I was an international student for 4 years since 2012, I paid my tuition fee on my own while supporting my son alone, worked hard to earn my bachelors degree, received my PGWP then my nomination. I couldn't be prouder of myself. It is my personal choice not to be sponsored by my husband, the reason behind this is I want to prove to my family, my husband's family and especially my son, that I can get my PR through my own hard work. Some call it pride, I call it honor. As i said on my previous post, "I prefer it to do it on my own." I was surprised you had to list your points why I should have taken the spousal stream. My dad divorced my mom when she was 52. My mom totally agrees on my decision on getting my PR on my own; she taught me how to be independent. I hope you can read between the lines and try to understand this. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and I value our relationship. He admires my perseverance (meaning: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.)
It is very visible from your willingness to jump between paper based PNP and EE, your main factior is time. So the same motivation like almost everybody else has. Save the rest talk for your canadian friends that have very little idea about immigration process.

I believe that I am not the only person in this forum who has a PNP application then submitted an EE profile after they have completed their one year canadian experience. Lots of older members here suggested some PNP applicants to do the same.
Pointing out, that some other people are doing the same thing (taking more than 1 stream and then trying to get trhough the fastest one), does not make it any more honorable or any less selfish. So the same like those others it is also your bit of fault why the whole system is clogging of over excessive work.

The average of EE applications getting approved within 6 months is still higher than the application getting approved longer than 6 months. What you said about the story of the car doesnt make any sense to me. We are talking about months and years here, not just minutes. If you could save 6 months versus waiting 9 months or more, wouldn't you take it? It is stupid not too. People are so anxious of waiting to receive their ITAs in a matter of two or three weeks. Why after receiving ITAs people are so frazzled about waiting for their PRs in hoping they can get the precious PPR email before 6 months? I am the same, I would like to get my PR as soon as possible (without the help of my husband). Easy to understand. You too got your PR thru EE in less than 6 months, didnt you? Maybe it will happen to me too. It is the risk I am willing to take rather than sitting and waiting for my PNP application to be approved. I saw lots of people here in these forums whose permits got expired before receiving their PRs. Who said that I dont want my nomination? I love that I was nominated by my province, it gave me options.
Your application has very high probability to be red flagged. The very reason of why to go with PNP (or EE stream) if you can also go with spousal sponsorship, might put some questions about genuinity of your relationship (that you need to hide something there). And as such you might await those longer delivery timing and maybe even marriage recheck. Be ready for that part to come.
And no, you do not want you PNP per se. All you want is PR as such as fast as possible.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not competing with anyone here. I am not taking any place from anybody. I am not better than anyone else. Everyone here are equal. We all have the right to immigrate and choose what stream we would like to take. I used to have EE points of 362 when EE started. I studied very hard to get my Canadian degree, I studied hard for my IELTS and I am working hard to stay in my current company to reached my 472 points. Im pretty sure everyone is also doing the same things to make their CRS points higher. Everybody is spending their hard earned money just to get where they want to be. The quickier, the better.
On a contrary, you are. Whole immigration is running on yearly quotas for every stream. If you or others decide to take more than one spot (PNP has separate quota to rest of EE, which has separate quota to spousal sponsorship), Since those quotas are much lower than amount of people willing to immigrate it is a fierce competition who will get in and who will not. So yes you are competing with those many many others (some of them came in 2012 for studies and have kids now and yes they were working a feeling so proud)

We all know that immigration rules in Canada are not that stable, it can change in a matter of few months. So we all have to try to do everything to get our PR as quickly as possible.
Nice, here you admit, that the goal is what is actually important

I've been a member of this forum since 2011. I am here to seek helpful information and suggestions from people who has the same goals as mine, which is to obtain a PR, not to explain my story, nor criticize/judge people. I also answered/helped fellow forum members here in the past regarding study permit, through my own experience without questioning about their decisions. So lets just be positive and try to help each other rather than being negative and judging each other. This forum is a learning ground for me. I appreciate lots of helpful people here. I know that you answered lots of questions in this forum as well, Im glad you are using your time productively. Let this serve an experience for you too. If you don't have any helpful/opinions to say, be respectful of others and just let it go.
No need for sandwich approach. What you wanted to say is - "stop being jerk to me and point out how I intend to use the loopholes. It does not feel good to be seen as somebody like that"

Thank you. Again, to all my fellow fourm members who are seeking a good life in Canada, goodluck to all of us. This is such a good country to live in. Equality, free-education for your kids, security, lots of opportunity for improvements, better healthcare, what else can you ask for. I will be completing my 5 yr mark here next week and I never regretted my decision to move in Canada. I wish you all the best.
Most normal humas do when put into new enviroment (regardless if willingly or not), do at certain point have moments of regret. That is natural process. And even more here where most of us are comming from decent conditions and we strive for more. So no need to hide it.

So are there moment where I am angry about the setup here? Sure. Are there moments when I want to pack and return? yes there are. It is just that they are not frequent (at least not the packing ones), and when it comes to the strange setup, I will just search for something more suitable for me (car insurance, accomodation and such...).

I am assuming, that after this either I will be kicked out of this thread or the whole thread will be restarted.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
On a contrary, you are. Whole immigration is running on yearly quotas for every stream. If you or others decide to take more than one spot (PNP has separate quota to rest of EE, which has separate quota to spousal sponsorship), Since those quotas are much lower than amount of people willing to immigrate it is a fierce competition who will get in and who will not. So yes you are competing with those many many others (some of them came in 2012 for studies and have kids now and yes they were working a feeling so proud)

Nice, here you admit, that the goal is what is actually important

No need for sandwich approach. What you wanted to say is - "stop being jerk to me and point out how I intend to use the loopholes. It does not feel good to be seen as somebody like that"

Most normal humas do when put into new enviroment (regardless if willingly or not), do at certain point have moments of regret. That is natural process. And even more here where most of us are comming from decent conditions and we strive for more. So no need to hide it.

So are there moment where I am angry about the setup here? Sure. Are there moments when I want to pack and return? yes there are. It is just that they are not frequent (at least not the packing ones), and when it comes to the strange setup, I will just search for something more suitable for me (car insurance, accomodation and such...).

I am assuming, that after this either I will be kicked out of this thread or the whole thread will be restarted.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but nobody is entitled to be rude. You've more than surpassed rude.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but nobody is entitled to be rude. You've more than surpassed rude.
What you said contradict itself. It is just like saying that you can have opinion but only as long as I like it. If I do not like others opinion or criticizm, that person is automaticaly rude?

Reactions: Saidkhan

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
What you said contradict itself. It is just like saying that you can have opinion but only as long as I like it. If I do not like others opinion or criticizm, that person is automaticaly rude?
Having an opinion and beign rude are two very different things.
You can contradict another person's opinion, while being polite.

It's not about the tyranny of the political correctness, it's only about loving thy neighbor.
You can disagree, and be kind at the same time.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
No, you stated it rudely. It's possible to disagree politely, but you didn't even try to be polite.
Agreed. Our different perspectives and opinions are what make life interesting, but there is a big difference between respectfully disagreeing and sharing different perspectives, versus making rude personal attacks @vensak

For example,

"Nope, I am criticizing you."

"Pointing out, that some other people are doing the same thing (taking more than 1 stream and then trying to get trhough the fastest one), does not make it any more honorable or any less selfish. So the same like those others it is also your bit of fault why the whole system is clogging of over excessive work."

It's one thing to offer a different opinion as to why it would be best for people to choose one immigration stream and stick to it, or that those married to Canadians should always choose the spousal stream and offer statistics to support your claim that the spousal process would not take more time than EE. But to "criticize" a person and imply she is dishonorable or selfish for having gone through a few different immigration streams is out of line.

"And no, you do not want you PNP per se. All you want is PR as such as fast as possible."

This is an accusatory and undiplomatic tone. In addition to the fact that in the end, don't we all want to get our PR as fast as possible?

On a different note, to address one of your points:

"Your application has very high probability to be red flagged. The very reason of why to go with PNP (or EE stream) if you can also go with spousal sponsorship, might put some questions about genuinity of your relationship (that you need to hide something there). And as such you might await those longer delivery timing and maybe even marriage recheck. Be ready for that part to come."

You seem to have it backward here. The validity of her marriage is not of concern to the government unless she is immigrating through the spousal stream. If she had gotten married for the sole purpose of immigrating to Canada, she would be choosing the spousal stream and not even looking into EE or PNP.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Thank you for the detailed response. Like I said earlier, you have clearly put a lot of thought into this.

Wish you all the be best in your endeavour.
I did actually put a lot of thought into into, with the combined help of the people here and my family.

Are you also waiting for the next draw?