ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Agreed. Our different perspectives and opinions are what make life interesting, but there is a big difference between respectfully disagreeing and sharing different perspectives, versus making rude personal attacks @vensak

For example,

"Nope, I am criticizing you."

"Pointing out, that some other people are doing the same thing (taking more than 1 stream and then trying to get trhough the fastest one), does not make it any more honorable or any less selfish. So the same like those others it is also your bit of fault why the whole system is clogging of over excessive work."

It's one thing to offer a different opinion as to why it would be best for people to choose one immigration stream and stick to it, or that those married to Canadians should always choose the spousal stream and offer statistics to support your claim that the spousal process would not take more time than EE. But to "criticize" a person and imply she is dishonorable or selfish for having gone through a few different immigration streams is out of line.

"And no, you do not want you PNP per se. All you want is PR as such as fast as possible."

This is an accusatory and undiplomatic tone. In addition to the fact that in the end, don't we all want to get our PR as fast as possible?

On a different note, to address one of your points:

"Your application has very high probability to be red flagged. The very reason of why to go with PNP (or EE stream) if you can also go with spousal sponsorship, might put some questions about genuinity of your relationship (that you need to hide something there). And as such you might await those longer delivery timing and maybe even marriage recheck. Be ready for that part to come."

You seem to have it backward here. The validity of her marriage is not of concern to the government unless she is immigrating through the spousal stream. If she had gotten married for the sole purpose of immigrating to Canada, she would be choosing the spousal stream and not even looking into EE or PNP.
Such nice quality of human being.
That's what I like of this thread. Every time there's a disrespectful person (anyone) trying to force their opinion on others, we join together and show that such negative and hating attitude has no place here.

Regards.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks Wacky1.nash, I really appreciate it :)
Agreed. I admire your drive and determination.

I also want to add that exploring different immigration streams and selecting the one that would get you PR the fastest is prudent, not dishonorable or selfish. We all want to settle permanently in Canada as quickly as possible. I myself was planning only to go through the job offer stream and not go through the EE process until after landing in Canada with a temporary work permit. But when the job I really wanted fell through and I waited forever for the job that was almost mine but eventually fell through, and PNP opportunities presented themselves, I decided to go the route of trying PNP and waiting for the CRS to drop, whichever I get first, from outside Canada.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Such nice quality of human being.
That's what I like of this thread. Every time there's a disrespectful person (anyone) trying to force their opinion on others, we join together and show that such negative and hating attitude has no place here.

Regards.
Mi amigo domincano! I'm happy to see you back and hear you're safe.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Just read your post again.

I totally agree you made the right decision. Keeping the practical aspects (like shorter processing time) aside, when you are capable to getting your PR on your accord, you must, for the sake of your independence, get it that way. And this has nothing to do with any distrust in your man at all, or pride, it is for your own sense of self-worth and individuality. Also I think your decision may protect your relationship with your husband. Dependence on your partner to that degree could (in some cases) breeds guilt and resentment. Why tarnish your relationship with that possibility? Besides I am sure your man respects you all the more for having taken the route you chose.

Yeah! I can't snap my fingers diva style enough...

This post made my day!!
Wow Wacky1.nash, you explained what I was trying to say in 5 sentences. My husband and I got engaged in 2014 and he already offered me the spousal sponsorship, I got scared of what this sponsorship will do into our relationship. He respected my decision and waited till I graduated from the University to get married.

I've gone through two abusive relationships before I met my now husband. One with the father of my son, cheated on me while I was pregnant. His family was also rude to me and to my parents. Always reminding me what he did for me and what he gave me during the relationship. I was young, hopelessly romantic and naive o_O. Not a cent of support from him, I have to leave my home country after few months of giving birth to my son to provide for him. my insecurities with the support of my family and friends. I can't go back to that life. Now, I am so lucky to have a good man beside me and I cannot depend this issue on him. I have to do this on my own to protect our relationship.

Thank you for truly understanding my decisions. Sorry, I know this thread is not meant for my story. I don't mean to be overly dramatic. This will be my last explanation about this issue. :(

J

jon-son

You seem to have it backward here. The validity of her marriage is not of concern to the government unless she is immigrating through the spousal stream. If she had gotten married for the sole purpose of immigrating to Canada, she would be choosing the spousal stream and not even looking into EE or PNP.
Unless it was a visa marriage, and the lady tries a different route now based on some unsuccessful sponsored-PR stories she read here.

This thing is called the Internet and people are not always telling the truth over there.

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
Agreed. I admire your drive and determination.

I also want to add that exploring different immigration streams and selecting the one that would get you PR the fastest is prudent, not dishonorable or selfish. We all want to settle permanently in Canada as quickly as possible. I myself was planning only to go through the job offer stream and not go through the EE process until after landing in Canada with a temporary work permit. But when the job I really wanted fell through and I waited forever for the job that was almost mine but eventually fell through, and PNP opportunities presented themselves, I decided to go the route of trying PNP and waiting for the CRS to drop, whichever I get first, from outside Canada.
It sounds better ,now you dont use the word 'reject' for your job endevours, because you never were , it could be due to various other reasons(visa status,company environment, etc.) .
Good Luck ! Keep hunting , and as i mentioned sometime back, after a point you will have more than one choice to select from.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
It sounds better ,now you dont use the word 'reject' for your job endevours, because you never were , it could be due to various other reasons(visa status,company environment, etc.) .
Good Luck ! Keep hunting , and as i mentioned sometime back, after a point you will have more than one choice to select from.
Thanks for the support. The company with the job I really wanted did not give me any explanation (although it appears they did not hire anyone and they have pulled the job posting), but the company that dragged the process out forever did tell me that the company cancelled the position but does want to keep me in mind for future openings. But what upsets me most is how long they dragged the process out and did not communicate much in the last couple months. If I had known that I would be kept waiting for so long, I would have started the EE process earlier. My original plan was to worry about the EE process after getting to Canada because I knew my CRS score without a job offer was going to be so low anyway, so why bother getting into the pool. I just got really nervous and upset at the wait early in June and began the process by scheduling my IELTS exam (I had originally planned to take CELPIP after moving to Canada).

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
Great story. I hope you can get ITA asap. It's totally understandable. My friend who can get spousal sponsorship but she choose the EE stream after all because she wants a faster processing time.
For me, my story is quite the same as you. I came in Canada as an international student in 2011. Then graduated, and got AINP nomination. But when I looked at the 16 months of waiting....I felt that was horrible. So I always look for another route. The second option came to me at that time was OINP, which will take around 1 month of processing. So the total processing time will take around 7 months to PPR. However, the EE of CEC stream in Jan 2017 was really attractive at that time. It took only 3 months to get PPR. So I planned all the papers carefully, and prepared for the CELPIP test. I got 423 at that time. And things happened. I got ITA right away when it hit exactly at 423 for the very first time. Now, I got PPR already, and currently wait for them to send it back.
In general, my journey is from AINP > Paper based PR > OINP (1k5 wasted :oops:) > direct ITA :D
I hope you the best luck, never give up :)
Thanks Romrumrira for sharing your PR journey. I am so happy to know that you understand my situation. I am only speaking from my own experiences. Wow, we almost have the same journey. Sooo cool. When did you move from Alberta to Ontario? I saw you new post that you received you PPR. Congratulations!!!!!!!

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks Romrumrira for sharing your PR journey. I am so happy to know that you understand my situation. I am only speaking from my own experiences. Wow, we almost have the same journey. Sooo cool. When did you move from Alberta to Ontario? I saw you new post that you received you PPR. Congratulations!!!!!!!
My situation is different a bit that I studied in Ontario, and then moved to work in Calgary. Then I started everything from that :D However, I will move back to Toronto soon after I'm done with PR :D. Thanks so much, yes, my application is approved and I am waiting for my tracker to be activated. Good luck to you :)

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thanks for the support. The company with the job I really wanted did not give me any explanation (although it appears they did not hire anyone and they have pulled the job posting), but the company that dragged the process out forever did tell me that the company cancelled the position but does want to keep me in mind for future openings. But what upsets me most is how long they dragged the process out and did not communicate much in the last couple months. If I had known that I would be kept waiting for so long, I would have started the EE process earlier. My original plan was to worry about the EE process after getting to Canada because I knew my CRS score without a job offer was going to be so low anyway, so why bother getting into the pool. I just got really nervous and upset at the wait early in June and began the process by scheduling my IELTS exam (I had originally planned to take CELPIP after moving to Canada).
I will perfectly understand you ...if someone has a 'no' kept ready for you for the end,why can't they give it straight away and let us move on in peace...:mad:...it is hard to wait for long,in the end only to get a 'no'...:(...
but things happen for a reason & in mysterious ways...in the end people kind at heart come out better off without the yes from such unreliable parties :cool:...
you will have a tough battle face on, but surely you'll come out shining like a star in the end...:)
---
I've missed out the ROH for last one week or so...missing all old friends here...:(...
Hi to everyone....

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I will perfectly understand you ...if someone has a 'no' kept ready for you for the end,why can't they give it straight away and let us move on in peace...:mad:...it is hard to wait for long,in the end only to get a 'no'...:(...
but things happen for a reason & in mysterious ways...in the end people kind at heart come out better off without the yes from such unreliable parties :cool:...
you will have a tough battle face on, but surely you'll come out shining like a star in the end...:)
---
I've missed out the ROH for last one week or so...missing all old friends here...:(...
Hi to everyone....
What have you been keeping yourself busy with?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
What have you been keeping yourself busy with?
:pSo nice of u to ask.....it felt like ROH was starting to diverge from me at some point..:(....fault is mine,so I'm jumping back in :)...
& in the meantime got busy with my upfront medicals (got over day before yday...& proof of funds,yesterday...
Now only Qatar pcc which is almost 10 days away is pending....
----
by the way,have the classes started...o_O..?

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Mi amigo domincano! I'm happy to see you back and hear you're safe.
Hey!

Yes, what makes these natural disasters go away is supposed to be a phenomenon of a low pressure that makes hurricanes go north as soon as they reach Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic. In other words, we're very lucky to be located in a natural paradise, with the potential to defer hurricanes. :)

I hope it goes easy on Florida, maybe loose speed or vanish, if it's possible. :oops:
Too many natural disasters this year. With the earthquake in Mexico too...
Nature is being ruthless. Hope we learn to take care of it, and not just think on taking advantage of natural resources.

We'll, I went philosophical. Sorry :D

Anyway, have a nice weekend everyone. And stay safe, anyone located in Florida.