+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
I was thinking too much and explored multiple options to retain ITA and pursue express entry route. CIC asks for my intentions to live out of Quebec but they don't say if I should work out of Quebec too.

I googled and found a place called Cornwall in Ontario which is like 1.30 hours one way commute to Montreal. How desperate I'm. :D:D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You're right. I can stay anywhere being a permanent citizen but route to being one has to be Quebec skilled worker now. Indeed CSQ takes ages and post CSQ is another nightmare which is Federal stage.
If I were you, I'd accept the job offer then find work outside Quebec after 6 months or so, then apply for PR as FSW-Inland. However, it is still your call, assess yourself if you like the job and you want to live in Montreal. I wish you all the best.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hmm..but don't think EE is super fast lane either. There are few folks who have been waiting for PR for more than a year. Depends upon case to case. If CIC says 6 months..thats min 6 months :)

Anyways..slow and steady wins the race. Lets hope you get your wish in next couple of draws..if not..then I guess God wants you to visit and explore Quebec as well :D
I guess, GAGS shooting happens there..we might see you on TV as well :)
That's what I thought. Anyway, whatever I'm destined to. I accept Quebec if that's what it is. I wish I had an option to delegate my ITA. :)

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
That's what I thought. Anyway, whatever I'm destined to. I accept Quebec if that's what it is. I wish I had an option to delegate my ITA. :)
Can you delegate it to me instead? :D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I was thinking too much and explored multiple options to retain ITA and pursue express entry route. CIC asks for my intentions to live out of Quebec but they don't say if I should work out of Quebec too.

I googled and found a place called Cornwall in Ontario which is like 1.30 hours one way commute to Montreal. How desperate I'm. :D:D
Since Montreal is the place I want to live in but got OINP nomination, I might stay close to Quebec like Ottawa :)

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
If I were you, I'd accept the job offer then find work outside Quebec after 6 months or so, then apply for PR as FSW-Inland. However, it is still your call, assess yourself if you like the job and you want to live in Montreal. I wish you all the best.
Thanks dear. I had already accepted the offer 2 months back but I wasn't aware of this back then. I'll have to work for my future employer for at least a year or I'll have to pay them CAD 3200 as they are processing all the immigration formalities. Plus, it seems, according to Quebec immigration, I fall into High wage worker, so employer had to submit a transition plan to service Canada along with LMIA. Transition plan is nothing but an official document saying my employer will help me become a permanent citizen and this is only for High wage workers.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Thanks dear. I had already accepted the offer 2 months back but I wasn't aware of this back then. I'll have to work for my future employer for at least a year or I'll have to pay them CAD 3200 as they are processing all the immigration formalities. Plus, it seems, according to Quebec immigration, I fall into High wage worker, so employer had to submit a transition plan to service Canada along with LMIA. Transition plan is nothing but an official document saying my employer will help me become a permanent citizen and this is only for High wage workers.
I would give anything to have what you have. If you aren't happy about it, it's your own doing.

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
A draw is imminent this Wednesday! OINP is giving out nominations as at 11 am Ottawa time. Congrats to all those who got their nominations today as that is tantamount to ITA! :)
Was this news published somewhere or what may be the source for this. Just wondering as my sister has been waiting for nomination and did not get anything yet.

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Normally Ontario distributes nomination a day or two before draw. That's why we are forecasting for an imminent draw on Wednesday.
No, I meant to ask about OINP nominations. It said it was being handed out as at 11am this morning. So I was wondering if this was mentioned anywhere by CIC or Ontario

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
After reading everyones Canada journey, i thought i'd share my story as well.
Although i had been to Canada a couple of times for holidays during my childhood, my first solid interaction was when i went there as a student for my undergraduate degree in 1996. My 4 years in Montreal were amazing, probably the best to date.
On graduation, i was interested in staying back, however immigration rules at the time did not allow me to apply for immigration as a student. And secondly, had to come back to my home country for family reasons.
Time flew by and my second attempt was initiated in 2008 when i applied for immigration through the simplified process. Since the que was a good few years long at the time, i just sat patiently for a response from IRCC. The wait turned out to be useless as in 2013 i received a letter from IRCC saying that a new law had been passed in the parliament whereby all applications that were filed in 07-08 which were still unprocssed were being returned. So that was the end of that. ( still waiting for my refund on that one).
Since then, i occasionally checked immigration requirements to see if i was eligible. Most of the times i would not make the cut, and secondly being turned down after 5 years of waiting made me skeptical.
Fast forward today, thanks to securing points for education and living in Canada, wifes degree, good Ielts result for both of us, and barely making it on the age bracket, am sitting at 420 CRS.
Hoping to make it soon.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I heard Montreal is not expensive. First thing I'm going to do after landing is to buy Chrysler 300 SRT8. :p
There you go! This is what I call ray of hope! Good luck :)