+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
After reading everyones Canada journey, i thought i'd share my story as well.
Although i had been to Canada a couple of times for holidays during my childhood, my first solid interaction was when i went there as a student for my undergraduate degree in 1996. My 4 years in Montreal were amazing, probably the best to date.
On graduation, i was interested in staying back, however immigration rules at the time did not allow me to apply for immigration as a student. And secondly, had to come back to my home country for family reasons.
Time flew by and my second attempt was initiated in 2008 when i applied for immigration through the simplified process. Since the que was a good few years long at the time, i just sat patiently for a response from IRCC. The wait turned out to be useless as in 2013 i received a letter from IRCC saying that a new law had been passed in the parliament whereby all applications that were filed in 07-08 which were still unprocssed were being returned. So that was the end of that. ( still waiting for my refund on that one).
Since then, i occasionally checked immigration requirements to see if i was eligible. Most of the times i would not make the cut, and secondly being turned down after 5 years of waiting made me skeptical.
Fast forward today, thanks to securing points for education and living in Canada, wifes degree, good Ielts result for both of us, and barely making it on the age bracket, am sitting at 420 CRS.
Hoping to make it soon.
you'll make it soon my friend...
I too have gone through the same helplessness in pursuing my dream and can relate to what u've written..
though I haven't been lucky to live there yet,I've done that over and again in my mind ....and lot of times let out deep sighs thinking of the mirage Canada had turn into,for me....but God brought it back to me & us all...
do our best and stay positive....it will happen...:)

Nabs17

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi @Nabs17. Many thanks for sharing your story. And more so for not making me feel as old as I am. It's a very similar story to mine in many ways only you have a few more points than me. Maybe they give extras points for looks? ;)
Soon..... i can see our ITA in the very near future. Hopefully before our next birthday When IRCC kills our points again.

dkchaitanya

May 12, 2017
how about ur IELTS....
if you are @ CLB10 u have maxed out already and need to wait couple of draws...if you have still some headroom for improvement in IELTS,you can think about it....
would be good to know ur IELTS score...
my IELTS is CLB 9

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
my IELTS is CLB 9
http://ieltscanadatest.com/test-results/ielts-and-clb/

CLB10 CRS points per ability

34*4 = 136 for single
32*4 = 128 with spouse (accompanying)

L8.5 ~34 /32
R 8 ~ 34/32
S 7.5 ~ 34 /32
W 7.5 ~ 34/32

if you have CLB9 in any / or all, your score for that ability is 31 / 29 (single / with spouse accompanying)
---
if you have all 4 abilities in CLB9 that would mean 3*4 = 12 points scope of improvement
if you have only 2 in CLB9 & remaining 2 in CLB10 already,scope of improvement is 3*2 = 6 points..
---
every point counts,and a CLB9 person can move up to CLB10 with effort ...so while you wait,give ielts a well worked attempt and it might pay off...:)

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017

Hi Friends,

I wanted to ask, if anyone has claimed points for Two or more Certificates, Diplomas or Degrees?

I have obtained an ECA for my Bachelors degree from IQAS and was wondering if I can also apply for evaluation of my Btec ND Level 3 and claim points for both under Two or more certificates category :)

I looked into many topics but couldn't get an actual answer for my query.

Thanks guys :D

Rinky1992

Apr 14, 2017
Normally Ontario distributes nomination a day or two before draw. That's why we are forecasting for an imminent draw on Wednesday.

I checked that people got NOI who have CRS of 400 as well. How can i check that if i have got NOI or not. I am quite new to EE as i have created application on 16th August only. My CRS score is 438. I have selected preference as Ontario in my profile.

Thanks in Advance !!

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
I don't really know much about it but my doubt is,can't u withdraw the profile now &create one once you land...do not apply for Qubec ..apply for regular EE...u won't be CEC as you wouldn't have by then completed 1 year Canada experience...may be u will have to convince u employer that you will continue with him even after pr...
hope it works out for you. ...
I'm assuming it is possible for anyone in Qubec under work permit to apply for regular EE and get PR and continue to work in Quebec till his commitment with employer gets over
My dear mate, I wish I could do that. I have explored too much about Canadian immigration lately. I even know how to apply for PR card once you land there. :p

Unfortunately, very first condition of Express entry aspirant is the intention to live out of Quebec. Hence outland, inland, CEC experience doesn't matter. You can't apply in Express entry as long as you continue to stay in Quebec. You can only apply being in Quebec if you can prove your intention to stay outside of Quebec to VO. For this very purpose, you can show him/her evidence of arranged employment outside of Quebec.

In my case, none of above holds true as I'm outland applicant, plus I have arranged employment in Quebec which actually proves my intention to stay in Quebec. I doubt if VO will accept even if I inform him that I'll be staying in Cornwall which is in Ontario and will commute for 3 hours daily. No one in sane mind will accept that reason unless he came drunk to work. :D

My only option is to get CSQ after I land in Montreal and get PR being in Quebec or leave my future employer after a year and find an employment outside of Quebec and then apply under express entry.

I feel first option is better for me and now I have an actual motivation to learn French. :cool:

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
I checked that people got NOI who have CRS of 400 as well. How can i check that if i have got NOI or not. I am quite new to EE as i have created application on 16th August only. My CRS score is 438. I have selected preference as Ontario in my profile.

Thanks in Advance !!
You'll have an email waiting in your inbox or just check your messages section in express entry profile. However, at your CRS, I won't worry about NOI as you'll get direct ITA in next draw. All the best.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
I don't really know much about it but my doubt is,can't u withdraw the profile now &create one once you land...do not apply for Qubec ..apply for regular EE...u won't be CEC as you wouldn't have by then completed 1 year Canada experience...may be u will have to convince u employer that you will continue with him even after pr...
hope it works out for you. ...
I'm assuming it is possible for anyone in Qubec under work permit to apply for regular EE and get PR and continue to work in Quebec till his commitment with employer gets over
Also, my commitment with employer is not going to over as my job is permanent and full time, that's why they are pursuing LMIA and CAQ (Certificate of Acceptance from Quebec).

CAQ is submitted to Quebec ministry. However, LMIA is approved by service Canada which has all the details of location of employer, name of employer, salary, name of temporary foreign worker etc. There is no way I can apply via express entry with an approved LMIA from Quebec. :)

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Oh, she will get it soon. Nominations are usually given before a draw.
You mean they have started handing out nominations today?
After reading everyones Canada journey, i thought i'd share my story as well.
Although i had been to Canada a couple of times for holidays during my childhood, my first solid interaction was when i went there as a student for my undergraduate degree in 1996. My 4 years in Montreal were amazing, probably the best to date.
On graduation, i was interested in staying back, however immigration rules at the time did not allow me to apply for immigration as a student. And secondly, had to come back to my home country for family reasons.
Time flew by and my second attempt was initiated in 2008 when i applied for immigration through the simplified process. Since the que was a good few years long at the time, i just sat patiently for a response from IRCC. The wait turned out to be useless as in 2013 i received a letter from IRCC saying that a new law had been passed in the parliament whereby all applications that were filed in 07-08 which were still unprocssed were being returned. So that was the end of that. ( still waiting for my refund on that one).
Since then, i occasionally checked immigration requirements to see if i was eligible. Most of the times i would not make the cut, and secondly being turned down after 5 years of waiting made me skeptical.
Fast forward today, thanks to securing points for education and living in Canada, wifes degree, good Ielts result for both of us, and barely making it on the age bracket, am sitting at 420 CRS.
Hoping to make it soon.
As we say- Welcome to the Ray of Hope.
It's not only the name but also a reminder to all of us to keep hoping.
Wishing you a speedy PR.
All the best.