+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

amandhanjal

Aug 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have been going through this thread, and I am very optimistic that everyone will soon get a PR from Canada :). My score is 467 now, and hopeful that I would be in next draw (lets see). Do you guys know if you get an ITA how many days do you have to accept and if you accept the countdown to 90 days begin that day?

Thank you!

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi,

I have been observing the draws of the express entry system since its inception , January 2015. My application is little over 2 years old; and by this time i have lost 10 points due to age factor. My current score is 402 and it will come down to 397 in January 2018. I would like to know that is there any opportunity that the express entry score will go below 397 in January 2018. I am an optimistic person but after waiting for such a long time now i have some doubt about express entry points going below 400. This the thread of hope and i don't want to bring pessimism, but i need real facts. Could you guys make an effort with all your experience, skill and intelligence to devise a rational projection of future draws result, so that we could really say whether we have a chance or not. My IELTS score is L 8.5, R 7.5, W 7, S 7 and it will expire on June 2018. Sorry for the inconvenience.
1. Why haven't you maxed your IELTS score?
2. Have you got a graduate (masters) degree? If not, why not pursue that?

Sorry to hear you haven't received a nomination from Ontario. What is your NOC?

Reactions: shaun75

AmrCanada

Aug 10, 2017
I really still cannot comprehend why did CIC issues that massive number of invitations in April and May. Of course I am happy for people who got invitations during that period, don't get me wrong, but honestly I could not find the logic behind that severe necessity to issue back to back draws with huge number of invitations that reached almost 3900 in one draw! I was thinking thoroughly about this, my only and simple explanation is that they were catching up with something and they had to cover a targeted quota.

This implies directly that the beginning/ end of a year to us, is completly different than what CIC considers. Think about it carefully, issuing huge number of invitations over 5 rounds in two months, after which they made only two draws in two months with much less invitations. For me this says a lot of things. I am a person who is logical and always trying to understand and find explanations.

Therefore, this is my conclusion:

• in order to target a number of immigrant in a certain year, you have to issue its latest invitations 5-7 months earlier, right? This is the average processing time for an express entry candidate. So, let's say I had already targeted a number of immigrants for 2017, but realized from the number of accepted invitations when I reached the latest month to take an action (April/ May 2017) that I'm far away from my target, what shall I do? Exactly what CIC did, sending enourmous amount of invitations in a short period to catch up with my plan (considering that starting from June, I have to send invitations for people who will arrive in 2018). Then after sending, I have to stop a bit, review my target, evaluate the process of the previous year, give my employees their vacations (because it's summer and they don't really enjoy the weather except in these days) relax and plan for the next year, and make two draws only to fill up missing numbers and get into the new year wisely, because I don't want the same rush that happened in April and May again. This is the summary of June and July.

Now, I'm in August, I will look back to the previous year (which was the first year to have such a big target) and observe the trends to balance the pool throughout the year.

Currently, I'm more able to make two-weeks draw with almost same number of invitations every round, knowing to a good extent what that will lead me to in terms of achieving my target for 2018.

The previous scenario was the only thing tgst give me explanation on how CIC acted over the last 4 months, I'm not saying it must be true, but it puts a logic behind things.

Discussions and other points of view are welcomed :)

Thank you!

robin5826

Nov 26, 2015
1. Why haven't you maxed your IELTS score?
2. Have you got a graduate (masters) degree? If not, why not pursue that?

Sorry to hear you haven't received a nomination from Ontario. What is your NOC?
It is not easy to get the 7.5 in writing and speaking in IELTS, but i tried twice and have got the present score.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it! I'm an accountant with 10 years experience and planning to enroll when I arrive to get CPA designation and my husband is system administrator (IT). Since we have 2 small kids we would like for my husband to have a full time job and me working part time and attending classes but we'll see how it goes, currently we both have full time jobs...
It is not a huge city but your job prospects are above average. I would start looking early for the sys admin jobs. There are many people who have taken a job after lay off for survival and are still looking so the hiring process may take longer than in some cities. Best of luck!

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It is not a huge city but your job prospects are above average. I would start looking early for the sys admin jobs. There are many people who have taken a job after lay off for survival and are still looking so the hiring process may take longer than in some cities. Best of luck!
Thanks, we will surely do that! :) Great to have you here with us!

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
The overly impatient ones annoy me the most ;) Why is it so hard to understand that application processes have their own timelines and theirs is not the only application CIC is processing?
Because those with high scores who quickly got ITA with minimal effort think that means the whole process should be that fast. We oldies (in terms of old timers who have had to wait and really work for that ITA) are patient and persistent and really know we want to go to Canada. We have to be, or we would have given up long ago. These traits will enable us to settle more smoothly in Canada and take full advantage of what Canada has to offer us. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. Here is one of my favorite quotes:

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......
I think she got confused thinking the post is about me, and I took all the glory! :D
Ha ha. Well you deserve the glory. You and about a dozen others on here are the real stars that deserve all the thanks. You all help anyone and everyone. You guys should probably have your own registered charity number.

That's the politeness over with. Normal service will resume momentarily. :p

Last edited: