+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Yes vishal-07, I very well understand your concern.I myself am very confused. The thing is that this topic of date of submission of profile and date of application is not even mentioned anywhere else not to think of explanation . I have been trying to get some views/ explanation on this on forums from senior members.
Can we write to CIC?. I am sure they will help us

Reactions: baka and andieangel

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thanks lino82. It should be the way you mentioned. But they have defined differently. I am reproducing the two notices here which are inside the application sections "? HELP"

You can be awarded points if you or your spouse or common-law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) has:
a brother or sister who is (on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)

• 18 years of age or older
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • living in Canada
Brother or sister relationships include:
  • biological (this means you are related by blood)
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or sister
  • adopted brother or sister
  • step-brother or step-sister (this means you are not related by blood or adoption, but your parents are married or in a common law relationship on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling

Points can be awarded if the principal applicant or accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a sibling who is 18 years of age or older as of the date of application and who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada.

Sibling relationships include the following:

• Biological brother or sister
  • Adopted brother or sister
  • Half-brother or half-sister
  • Step-brother or step-sister.
Okay...from what you've quoted,it appears that IRCC's logic of introducing the 'sibling additional points' is to attract people with siblings already in Canada,to apply.....that way,those who may already have had an EE profile prior to sibling being there on PR will not be eligible for the additional points...
I do not see much logic in that as ppl could withdraw an existing profile and create a fresh one to be eligible for the additional points....
you may take a second opinion from someone more thorough on the issue...

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Okay...from what you've quoted,it appears that IRCC's logic of introducing the 'sibling additional points' is to attract people with siblings already in Canada,to apply.....that way,those who may already have had an EE profile prior to sibling being there on PR will not be eligible for the additional points...
I do not see much logic in that as ppl could withdraw an existing profile and create a fresh one to be eligible for the additional points....
you may take a second opinion from someone more thorough on the issue...
I guess the way to get around it is to delete and recreate your profile. But does that work if you already have PNP or ITA?

Reactions: andieangel

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
I guess the way to get around it is to delete and recreate your profile. But does that work if you already have PNP or ITA?
Deleting forfeits everything...:(
---
but cic may have a point there as the points were introduced mainly to 'attract' those with siblings already in Canada,to apply & not to help those who already applied with additional points...however people can get around the issue the way u suggested...
Like they give huge importance to ielts,they link sibling's presence in Canada with a higher chance to succeed...(we may not agree with their logic)...they want more of such ppl to apply...
---

lacr2811

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
What is the latest time we can wait for the draw today?