+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
by submission of profile,they must be meaning eAPR...the date on which you actually apply for pr...not while you create an EE profile..
IRCC requires eligibility both at the time of ITA & eAPR (for other factors as well) ....likewise, for claiming sibling point,sibling should be residing in Canada at the time of securing ur ita (that's when you actually claim the point ~logically ) and,also at the time of filing ur application-eAPR ...
Once you are AOR stage,it wouldn't matter if ur sibling returns home...
Thanks lino82. It should be the way you mentioned. But they have defined differently. I am reproducing the two notices here which are inside the application sections "? HELP"

You can be awarded points if you or your spouse or common-law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) has:
a brother or sister who is (on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)

• 18 years of age or older
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • living in Canada
Brother or sister relationships include:
  • biological (this means you are related by blood)
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or sister
  • adopted brother or sister
  • step-brother or step-sister (this means you are not related by blood or adoption, but your parents are married or in a common law relationship on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling

Points can be awarded if the principal applicant or accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a sibling who is 18 years of age or older as of the date of application and who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada.

Sibling relationships include the following:

• Biological brother or sister
  • Adopted brother or sister
  • Half-brother or half-sister
  • Step-brother or step-sister.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
I know exactly what you mean. And if I was in their shoes I'm not sure I would be any different. I'd ask the same newbie questions and be gone as soon as that shiny PR arrived.

But it's nice to know that there is a core of 'oldies' here. Both from an age point of view and CRS points cutoff point of view given I fall into both camps. This forum and this thread in particular seems to attract a lot of really nice people to talk to while we wait our turn, which will come. There's room and a way for us all, we just gotta have patience and be creative in our approach.

Now roll on the draw today and 407 cutoff so I leave you old farts in my dust! :p
What exactly do you mean by oldies? U mean more polished and mature ?

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I didn't mean to criticize. I am sure that it was well-researched. It was just a personal comment that it was totally outside of my experience. Just out of curiosity, with China's one-child policy, I would have thought that dependence on siblings would have disappeared.
Oh no, I didn't take it as a criticism either...

It was just a possible explanation that I attempted to point out. :)

As always it is interesting to have these cultural discussions on this forum.

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017

The reason newbies have to decline their ITAs is because they receive it too soon on the basis of their high score. They haven't spent any time reading or researching while waiting for ITA and are unfortunately not ready with their paperwork.

I spent nearly a year in the pool and while the wait was torturous, I had ample time to get my documents in order. As a result I could submit my application sooner.

Look on the bright side and keep all your paperwork ready. You'll get your ITA sooner or later.

Best of luck.[/QUOTE]
Second you on that. People are applying and declining in retrospective after going through the instructions. Some have their personal reasons. Some are ignorant , about the facts and are guided by people.
In the pool from its conception.
Hoping for the best.

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Thanks lino82. It should be the way you mentioned. But they have defined differently. I am reproducing the two notices here which are inside the application sections "? HELP"

You can be awarded points if you or your spouse or common-law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) has:
a brother or sister who is (on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)

• 18 years of age or older
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • living in Canada
Brother or sister relationships include:
  • biological (this means you are related by blood)
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or sister
  • adopted brother or sister
  • step-brother or step-sister (this means you are not related by blood or adoption, but your parents are married or in a common law relationship on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling

Points can be awarded if the principal applicant or accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a sibling who is 18 years of age or older as of the date of application and who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada.

Sibling relationships include the following:

• Biological brother or sister
  • Adopted brother or sister
  • Half-brother or half-sister
  • Step-brother or step-sister.
But what if the sibling goes back to his or her country for an emergency during the application processing of the primary applicant and she has to live in her home country for few months?. If you can help please

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I didn't mean to criticize. I am sure that it was well-researched. It was just a personal comment that it was totally outside of my experience. Just out of curiosity, with China's one-child policy, I would have thought that dependence on siblings would have disappeared.
Ha ha! You are so right about China and the one child policy... hadn't thought about that...

Reactions: andieangel

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Yes vishal-07, I very well understand your concern.I myself am very confused. The thing is that this topic of date of submission of profile and date of application is not even mentioned anywhere else not to think of explanation . I have been trying to get some views/ explanation on this on forums from senior members.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
They no longer have this. From what I know, if the husband and wife were both only-child, they can have up to 2 children.
The one child policy was instituted in 1979, and repealed in 2015. The majority of the people currently applying, and those moving there in the last decade, were born when the policy was in place, hence explaining @tjsecondtry's argument.

Reactions: andieangel