+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

mjh1981

Jun 18, 2017
***My 12-year journey with Immigration** (and still counting)

I am relatively a newbie in this forum and would like to share my Canadian immigration journey with everyone. Lately we have seen some people lose hope and hopefully my story will give strength to some of us to keep steering through these ebb and flows of the immigration ocean.

My journey with CIC started in 2005 when i first applied through the paper based system. I attempted IELTS thrice (1st - 7.5 overall, 2nd - 8 overall, 3rd - 7.5 overall) and submitted my complete application somewhere in early 2006 through an immigration consultant (o_Oo_O lottts of eye rolling and head smacking!). After the launch of EE and the subsequent litigation for pre-2008 cases, i hung on with the hope (some of which perpetuated by the consultant) that i still might make it. Subsequently, in late 2011 CIC started refunding and refusing all pre-2008 cases and i suddenly was set back by 6 years. The consultant really tried to convince me to reapply under EE (obviously to swindle me more!) but I lost all hope and decided never to proceed.

In the meanwhile, i did my masters, got married, had kids and suddenly started to think again for my family's future. Last year i was in mid 300s on the CRS, i got my ECA, gave my IELTS for a 4th time (this time i made it to CLB 10!) and finally made it to 439. I missed the May 31st CRS-413 draw by a week due to IELTS results and missed the early July draw by 1 point!

Countless times i get into the F5-frenzy but then again i remind myself of all the waiting i have already done and that gives me peace and above all..... HOPE! The only reason we come here is to have a vision and hope for a future where we see ourselves better than where we are now. Hopefully that vision turns into a reality for all of us very soon....

If not in this ROH, then maybe in the ROH 69 or ROH 70....I'm not losing hope.

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017

I am relatively a newbie in this forum and would like to share my Canadian immigration journey with everyone. Lately we have seen some people lose hope and hopefully my story will give strength to some of us to keep steering through these ebb and flows of the immigration ocean.

My journey with CIC started in 2005 when i first applied through the paper based system. I attempted IELTS thrice (1st - 7.5 overall, 2nd - 8 overall, 3rd - 7.5 overall) and submitted my complete application somewhere in early 2006 through an immigration consultant (o_Oo_O lottts of eye rolling and head smacking!). After the launch of EE and the subsequent litigation for pre-2008 cases, i hung on with the hope (some of which perpetuated by the consultant) that i still might make it. Subsequently, in late 2011 CIC started refunding and refusing all pre-2008 cases and i suddenly was set back by 6 years. The consultant really tried to convince me to reapply under EE (obviously to swindle me more!) but I lost all hope and decided never to proceed.

In the meanwhile, i did my masters, got married, had kids and suddenly started to think again for my family's future. Last year i was in mid 300s on the CRS, i got my ECA, gave my IELTS for a 4th time (this time i made it to CLB 10!) and finally made it to 439. I missed the May 31st CRS-413 draw by a week due to IELTS results and missed the early July draw by 1 point!

Countless times i get into the F5-frenzy but then again i remind myself of all the waiting i have already done and that gives me peace and above all..... HOPE! The only reason we come here is to have a vision and hope for a future where we see ourselves better than where we are now. Hopefully that vision turns into a reality for all of us very soon....

We have a lot to learn from u mate!!!

Aryaesh

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017

WOW :)
I hope you get your ITA in the next draw (whenever that happens!)

Shah syed

Jul 12, 2017
The only reason i can think of for no draw yesterday is that they want invitations sent by ontario to be accepted by candidates.
They want to be benefited by extra 1500$

Reactions: baka

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
I'm guessing they have temporarily slowed things down to get an idea about where they are in terms of quota filled. So they can have a figure about how many more they need and how frequently would they need to invite for the rest of the year.

MarynaN

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
27-05-2018
How is it possible to increase your crs by 58 points just by increasing your writing score by .5 marks on ielts?
Did u consult anyone or did u use CRS calculator tool to determine this?
please, have a look: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
CRS – C. Skill transferability factors
Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities

Reactions: dimidaza

cankrk

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
at 418 I thought i was so close to get an ITA ! but things are getting complicated now :'(
Same here, sitting at 414, my spouse retaking the IELTS next week - possible to gain up to 12 points. Missed the Ontario window before they closed it. Considering if should start to learn french in 2 weeks.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Same here, sitting at 414, my spouse retaking the IELTS next week - possible to gain up to 12 points. Missed the Ontario window before they closed it. Considering if should start to learn french in 2 weeks.
I'm also thinking of learning French... but I'm really not great at languages

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016

Amazing and Inspiring.

You are going to make it this time, all our wishes and prayers with you..

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
How is it possible to increase your crs by 58 points just by increasing your writing score by .5 marks on ielts?
Did u consult anyone or did u use CRS calculator tool to determine this?
I never liked this "boost" in the score with CLB9, but that's how the rules are, so...

0.5 is not a big difference when it comes to your skill in communicating and it's frustrating when you miss CLB9 by such a small margin ( It happened to me twice lol).

brilew

Jan 19, 2017
I never liked this "boost" in the score with CLB9, but that's how the rules are, so...

0.5 is not a big difference when it comes to your skill in communicating and it's frustrating when you miss CLB9 by such a small margin ( It happened to me twice lol).
Yes this is true. I am on clb 10 right now. My hubby would have been in clb 11 however, in writing he scored only 7 .hahaha.. Personally I feel, IELTS is really a waste of money. Especially the writing and speaking part. My hubby writes as if 10 crows have dipped their feet in a swamp and stamped on a single sheet of paper at the same time! But that does not, in any way, portray his writing style. And the women who interview for the speaking test expect you give them an answer that pleases them, I think the one who interviewed me had mad cow disease :p

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am going through my day today feeling utterly disappointed. Was so hopeful to get ITA (with CRS 433) in this or the successive draw. As much as I dont want to be believe it, but seems like the target for this year is getting filled up 54K v/s 73K. The remaining months will at this rate see fewer draws with lesser ITAs. I so wish I had taken the IELTS one month earlier. Just seems unfair to the rest of us who are at 413+ score :(

are there any other ways apart from express entry / provinces?
I don't know how many times I have to repeat it but here I go once again for 100th time! Issued ITAs don't equal to PPR and landed immigrants!!! That's the qouta not ITAs!!! Alright?! Stressed a bit! :D