+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

eshahari12

Jun 28, 2017
I am going through my day today feeling utterly disappointed. Was so hopeful to get ITA (with CRS 433) in this or the successive draw. As much as I dont want to be believe it, but seems like the target for this year is getting filled up 54K v/s 73K. The remaining months will at this rate see fewer draws with lesser ITAs. I so wish I had taken the IELTS one month earlier. Just seems unfair to the rest of us who are at 413+ score :(

are there any other ways apart from express entry / provinces?
Same with me. I am at 435 and missed by 1 week for IELTS result otherwise i would have made it in the 31st may draw. You could start collecting your experience letters from

Reactions: sa83

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I think that it's unlikely that those who got CRS in the 420 region or below would be deemed undesirable by IRCC. The bare minimum is set outside of the CRS system by ensuring that, for example, FSW applicants must score 67/100 on the FSW points matrix. As long as the minimum requirements are met, I don't see why IRCC would have any interest in stopping people who are eligible from becoming PRs.

In terms of raw human capital CRS scores - compare the situation we have now to the situation we were in prior to November when IRCC were quite happy giving ITAs to anyone who had a job offer - irrespective of their CRS score. There were a lot of people who had CRS of maybe only 300 but their job offer got them bumped up to 900. IRCC didn't have a problem with this per se, although one side effect of that was that they saw a much larger than expected proportion of ITAs going to people with experience as fast food supervisors and cooks. That has been fixed by ensuring that those who are able to get a job offer will get a boost, but not such a boost that it would automatically give you an ITA. They didn't artificially restrict CRS back then and there's no reason they would start now.

Furthermore, 420+ isn't actually all that easy of a target for a lot of people. Consider those who have graduated from university less than three years ago as a good example. You would expect that young people with good education and perfect English would be just the kind of people that Canada wants - but no: someone applying for FSW with top IELTS, one year of experience, under 30 and a bachelors gets only 416 points. Likewise, someone very experienced in their field at age 29, with ten years of work experience, who has perfect English and a two year program at college as education gets only 419 CRS points. Both of these hypothetical people are highly desirable but have relatively low CRS. They will also not be able to increase their CRS without bettering their education or gaining more experience (short of getting PNP or a job offer).

Canada needs a good mix of people with varying levels of ability. I think that the CRS system combined with PNP and extra points for job offers is a fair system. With that being the case, I don't see any rationale that IRCC would have for artificially limiting CRS scores. Quite the opposite, as I've demonstrated above - it's in the interest of Canada to have people with lower human capital scores come in as well: many will be very valuable to the Canadian economy in the future!
All I can say is thank you. :)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I think that it's unlikely that those who got CRS in the 420 region or below would be deemed undesirable by IRCC. The bare minimum is set outside of the CRS system by ensuring that, for example, FSW applicants must score 67/100 on the FSW points matrix. As long as the minimum requirements are met, I don't see why IRCC would have any interest in stopping people who are eligible from becoming PRs.

In terms of raw human capital CRS scores - compare the situation we have now to the situation we were in prior to November when IRCC were quite happy giving ITAs to anyone who had a job offer - irrespective of their CRS score. There were a lot of people who had CRS of maybe only 300 but their job offer got them bumped up to 900. IRCC didn't have a problem with this per se, although one side effect of that was that they saw a much larger than expected proportion of ITAs going to people with experience as fast food supervisors and cooks. That has been fixed by ensuring that those who are able to get a job offer will get a boost, but not such a boost that it would automatically give you an ITA. They didn't artificially restrict CRS back then and there's no reason they would start now.

Furthermore, 420+ isn't actually all that easy of a target for a lot of people. Consider those who have graduated from university less than three years ago as a good example. You would expect that young people with good education and perfect English would be just the kind of people that Canada wants - but no: someone applying for FSW with top IELTS, one year of experience, under 30 and a bachelors gets only 416 points. Likewise, someone very experienced in their field at age 29, with ten years of work experience, who has perfect English and a two year program at college as education gets only 419 CRS points. Both of these hypothetical people are highly desirable but have relatively low CRS. They will also not be able to increase their CRS without bettering their education or gaining more experience (short of getting PNP or a job offer).

Canada needs a good mix of people with varying levels of ability. I think that the CRS system combined with PNP and extra points for job offers is a fair system. With that being the case, I don't see any rationale that IRCC would have for artificially limiting CRS scores. Quite the opposite, as I've demonstrated above - it's in the interest of Canada to have people with lower human capital scores come in as well: many will be very valuable to the Canadian economy in the future!
If I could give this post more "Likes", I definitely would!

Thank you for being the voice of reason amidst all the undue pessimism and unnecessary speculation.

elkholy

Jun 16, 2017
Hello people
When i read this ray of hope and i found that disappointing is expanding But we must have faith. however, there was no draw yesterday but at one point or another we will reach our canadian dream thats what i hope for every one. I have a question related to the reference letter what about if i upload some supporting like medical insurance card and ID card would that affect the reference letter or it will be suspicious

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
My ielts score :

R: 7.5, L; 8.5 , W;6.5 S:7.5, current crs 417 and if if get my w;7 expected crs : 475 .

any suggestions.
yeah improve your writing score :)

Honestly get in the EE pool now but book a new IELTS and practice practice practice, 475 is a score that will change everything for you

Reactions: Mithu3

dimidaza

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
My ielts score :

R: 7.5, L; 8.5 , W;6.5 S:7.5, current crs 417 and if if get my w;7 expected crs : 475 .

any suggestions.
I think you should increase writing, meanwhile maintain your listening score and be careful to take the others over 7. With 475 you definitely have more chances.

Reactions: Mithu3

Joy4CA

Jul 26, 2017
I actually think they're extremely transparent. There's a lot of data freely available for download - CRS history, number of ITAs, full history from previous years - and then on the Canada Open Data Portal they provide even more - breakdowns as to which NOCs people have, levels of education, provinces people are moving to etc... the list goes on!

Of course they could provide even more information, such as a schedule of when draws will be made - but that would reduce their ability to be flexible. We've all just got to be patient.
Agree

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
My ielts score :

any suggestions.
How is it possible to increase your crs by 58 points just by increasing your writing score by .5 marks on ielts?
Did u consult anyone or did u use CRS calculator tool to determine this?