+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Corey26

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I just got back home and refreshed CIC page and the surprise is "NO DRAW"!

Why CIC WHY:)? That's stimulating me to apply for Australia PR and give up on CANADA:mad:!

NO! I'm kidding, there will be a draw and it's bound to happen soooon! Hope never dies; plus, my hope's still overcharged.

Your efforts guys will pay off eventually "no doubt about that".

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen.. Today am sadly announcing the end of the ray of hope threads series.
Rest in peace ray of hope..
Provided unforgettable moments (January 2017- July 26, 2017)

Reactions: baka and andieangel

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think ray of hope should be little more realistic. i feel cic quota is towards near completion and they are not interested in inviting too many ppl now. it was also evident from the fact tht they decteased no. of ita in last two draws and now no draw today. golden phase is over. dreams are shattered.
The idea of these threads is to provide hope for those who are awaiting their ITA. Hope, though, does not mean blind optimism. Comments such as "dreams are shattered" are not productive and should not be welcomed on what is supposed to be an optimistic thread. There are many good reasons to believe that CRS scores will continue to drop. I posted the following earlier in this thread - this is a bit of research that I've conducted which entirely contradicts what you've written about "CIC quota [being] near completion":

...You may be surprised perhaps that in actual fact, when taking into account the fact that many ITAs do not result in PR (whether through rejection, withdrawn profiles, applications which timed out etc) the actual ratio is around 1.2 landed PRs (including dependents) per ITA. You can work this out simply looking at the EE year end reports which give stats on how many ITAs there were and the total number of landed immigrants.

The 1.2 ITA to PR numbers have held steady since 2014 and I'd be extremely surprised if they change much this year. On the basis of 1.2 PRs per ITA, 47,876 ITAs should equal 57,451 PRs. On this basis, it seems to me that IRCC aren't too far off their desired 2017 quotas: Their 2017 targets are for 122,000 landed PRs through PNP/FSW/FST/CEC (high end being 129,300). 5/12ths of the way through the year they have 57,451. If they keep the exact pace of ITAs going then by the end of the year they will be at 137,882 PRs.

If this is correct, perhaps we may see a slight slowing of the number of ITAs issued, but perhaps if fewer people than normal have been submitting applications following their ITA then perhaps not. I'm expecting that broadly things will stay the same for the next 6 months. I'll be expecting draws of around 3000-4000 candidates every fortnight and for CRS scores to gradually fall to around the 400 mark and settle there.
It also doesn't make sense for IRCC to do almost all of their draws in the first half of the year. That would cause a massive backlog meaning many applications taking 12 months to complete. As it is, they spread ITAs out throughout the year so that the 6 month processing timeline is realistic and achievable.

Educated and reasoned discussion is welcome here. Baseless pessimism is not.

Globetrotter2017

Jun 14, 2017
Ok, So I am at 438 since June 7th
I thought of giving IELTS once more (4th time) My current IELTS score is L9 S8 R8 W7
I thought if i give IELTS again and increase my W to 7.5 I may get 441

I have no siblings in Canada. I don't speak french.

I am working my ass off to make this happen. What do you think guys, should I give IELTS another chance? I can't believe I am saying this.... but had I just given IELTS and increased my writing to 7.5, I would have got an ITA on July 12. :(

If the 3 week gap continues, it is difficult for the CRS cut off to fall down. I really anticipated a draw.
So whats your recommendation guys? Give IELTS or it's enough? Mind you it will be the fourth time.

I am (for those of you who know me) very optimistic. However, i am in the pool for 2 years now cos of some mishaps by my consultant. I am losing hope and think I am on borrowed time.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
I thought of giving IELTS once more (4th time) My current IELTS score is L9 S8 R8 W7

I am working my ass off to make this happen. What do you think guys, should I give IELTS another chance? I can't believe I am saying this.... but had I just given IELTS and increased my writing to 7.5, I would have got an ITA on July 12. :(

If the 3 week gap continues, it is difficult for the CRS cut off to fall down. I really anticipated a draw.
So whats your recommendation guys? Give IELTS or it's enough? Mind you it will be the fourth time.

I am (for those of you who know me) very optimistic. However, i am in the pool for 2 years now cos of some mishaps by my consultant. I am losing hope and think I am on borrowed time.
Even if you take IELTS again, by the time the results are out, you would have got your ITA. So, no point in doing that.

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......

GT, don't give up hope. I honestly think you have nothing to worry about. I realise it's so close you can taste it, but please don't let an individual draw dampen your spirits. We need your positivity here. I know I would be dancing if I had your points, but it's hard to walk in another's shoes.

My advice would be to wait for another few draws before doing the exam again. You are already there bar the paper work.

Last edited:

Globetrotter2017

Jun 14, 2017
Even if you take IELTS again, by the time the results are out, you would have got your ITA. So, no point in doing that.
GT, don't give up hope. I honest think you have nothing to worry about. I realise it's so close you can taste it, but please don't let an individual draw dampen your spirits. We need your positivity here. I know I would be dancing if I had your points, but it's hard to walk in another's shoes.

My advice would be to wait for another few draws before doing the exam again. You are already there bar the paper work.

You guys... i was almost in tears now... and this reply... man its like you guys are family. :)

Thank you lovely souls!