+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 68th Draw

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
A lot of people from the Indian subcontinent also use brother/sister to refer to each other, especially when they're speaking in the local language.

It's a sign of mutual respect, trust and inclusion.
You are right,I had all but forgotten about that! As in Bhaiyya or Behenji.

Now that you mention it, even in the chinese tradition, we call each other jie jie (older sister), mie mie (younger sister), gege (older brother) and shiao jie (some sort of sister).... This kind of transfers to English too, especially towards the elderly. We address everyone from the taxi drivers to the cleaning lady at the food courts as uncles and aunties.

I think it just comes from the high importance Asian cultures bestows on family ties. So we kind of extend it strangers as a sign of respect and inclusion, to use your words.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I dont think its ever going to go below 420 in this year...looking at the way ITA's are getting decreased and also the way Ontario has given NOI to below 400 CRS people. For me it was very sad moment when there was no draw on Wednesday I had hoped back to back draws for lower CRS but alas that was not the case. I have started this week on very sad note and would like to improve my mood a bit....:(
Dear friend, do not be so pessimist, may be you may never say CRS coming down to 420, BUT I'm sure others including me we all will see CRS falling down to even 400 this year :) This is ROH and there is no place to put such comment, no offence but I must say, sorry.

May be there are more nominations and lesser ITAs, but CIC knows what to do and how to fix it, soon it will be fixed and you will see the bigger light ;)

Even though there are some comments to oppose mine, I'll stay like a mountain, and I know you don't have enough power to put me aside my dear friend :p:cool:

Fingers crossed for this week's draw already, get ready all your documents my friends coz we will get our ITAs very soon, at least I and my active and positive friends believe so!
To sum up, please stay positive!

All the best!

Last edited:

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Afaik, the clinic will not give you the medical report, as I've been told by my friends who did their medical exam in Southeast Asia. It is a general health screening, which includes a full blood test (RBC, WBC, HB and other blood components), Hepatitis, HIV.

It seems different clinics have different tests. In Singapore, medical exam includes urinalysis.

Sis, did you also do the eye test and colorblindness test? Or is this only for children for certain age group? What were the tests done by your children? My daughter did the tumbling E chart test and the Ishihara Color Test. After her medical exam, she said, "easy peasy!" :p:D
:D easy peasy to both ITA and PR

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Dear friend, do not be so pessimist, may be you may never say CRS coming down to 420, BUT I'm sure others including me we all will see CRS falling down to even 400 this year :) This is ROH and there is place to put such comment, no offence but I must say, sorry.

May be there are more nominations and lesser ITAs, but CIC knows what to do and how to fix it, soon it will be fixed and you will see the bigger light ;)

Even though there are some comments to oppose mine, I'll stay like a mountain, and I know you don't have enough power to put me aside my dear friend :p:cool:

Fingers crossed for this week's draw already, get ready all your documents my friends coz we will get our ITAs very soon, at least I and my active and positive friends believe so!

All the best!
I remember reading in either some report or news article, that the CRS is expected to drop during fall this year.

It's still summer y'all! We ain't seen nothing yet!

Reactions: Mithu3

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
OK, I get it...like you wouldn't say, "buddy, could you pass the salt?"

I like how you guys use Sir/ Ma'am though. I find it courteous and quaint. Strange words to describes Americans, huh? :p

I am a third-culture-kid myself, so kind of a culture-geek/ junkie. Hardly anything more enriching than interacting with with people from diverse backgrounds, and yes this forum gives ample opportunity for that.
If you were to say "buddy, could you pass the salt?" it would would be much less polite than if you said "sir" to a stranger. It would also might carry the implication that you are not middle or upper class. It was probably normal 50-75 years ago among blue collar workers, but not today.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You are right,I had all but forgotten about that! As in Bhaiyya or Behenji.

Now that you mention it, even in the chinese tradition, we call each other jie jie (older sister), mie mie (younger sister), gege (older brother) and shiao jie (some sort of sister).... This kind of transfers to English too, especially towards the elderly. We address everyone from the taxi drivers to the cleaning lady at the food courts as uncles and aunties.

I think it just comes from the high importance Asian cultures bestows on family ties. So we kind of extend it strangers as a sign of respect and inclusion, to use your words.
Yeah, I call everyone in Singapore either auntie or uncle regardless of age! :D
In the Philippines, brother or sister is also commonly used.
In gay lingo, I call all my friends, whether male or female, sister! :D

In the ROH, everyone is a "Bro"! :p

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
I remember reading in either some report or news article, that the CRS is expected to drop during fall this year.

It's still summer y'all! We ain't seen nothing yet!
Do not worry, it's coming, you will see. CRS is like a rain, sometimes more and sometimes less, but sometimes could be like thunderstorm, just wait this moment and you will understand what I'm saying ;)

Now, more ITAs will give us more chance so please CIC more ITAs, we're getting hungry :D:p

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Yeah, I call everyone in Singapore either auntie or uncle regardless of age! :D
In the Philippines, brother or sister is also commonly used.
In gay lingo, I call all my friends, whether male or female, sister! :D

In the ROH, everyone is a "Bro"! :p
LOVE IT!!!
Curious, what's the gay lingo word for sister?

Reactions: iamxty

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Dear friend, do not be so pessimist, may be you may never say CRS coming down to 420, BUT I'm sure others including me we all will see CRS falling down to even 400 this year :) This is ROH and there is no place to put such comment, no offence but I must say, sorry.

All the best!
maybe but we will see a lot of things in future, anyhow the upcoming few draws will decide my action (CRS score will go down but how much is the important part and reducing ITA is a concern too) if I have to go for OINP or not and I have other reasons to wait until November but that will be too long and I would lose my NOI for Ontario I will decide in upcoming August what should be the action...It is going down buddy my comment only meant this year and that too depends on ITA and nominations...it's not about being negative but also seeing the truth...the most important part is upcoming draws...