Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
But it's better to be safe than sorry - if we don't have details about our half or step siblings, it's better to mention it in an LOE.
Reason being I asked that question because I don't have any details about them. I am their prodigal sister :)

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hello my friend! I am still in the process of filling it all up. So much to do, so little time!

There's a section that asks for all the family members "not identified in your application" - parents (both dead and alive) and siblings. They don't specifically ask for half siblings and step-siblings but I'm assuming that they'd like to know about all the chidren your parents had with each other or with other spouses.

I could be wrong but that's my understanding.
I hadn't thought of half-siblings.... thanks for the heads up!

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Are you American? My American Brother in law often refers to greets me and his son with, "hey buddy!" My American Ex Boyfriend also used to say things like, "That's me and my buddy Ryan in the photograph." So I thought it was pretty common there. Yeah granted, I haven't heard "Brother" and "Sister" often.

I lived half my life in the Middle East, and yeah I agree with the other user who said that it was commonly used in Arabic culture.

"Hey Friend," is something I hear Singaporeans use.
Yes, I am American. The first case you mentioned, Hey buddy, is like the Hey man or dude thing where it is like part of the greeting. The second case, my buddy, is used when not talking directly to the person. It's used as a description, like my husband or Mary's friend. I would not directly refer to you as buddy in normal conversation. Our polite direct reference is usually something like sir or ma'am. Though that may be more common in older people now than younger ones.

This is the most multicultural forum I've ever participated in, so it's great to learn about the typical uses other places.

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Any one can help with this?
My degree has my name displayed in this order: First Name- Middle Name- Last Name.

My passport has my name in this order (in the barcode section as well as full name section): Last Name- Middle Name- First Name.

Now I'm not sure what to enter for Given Names in Express entry.
Should it be Given name = Middle name then First Name (like in passport)?
Or Should it be Given name = First name then Middle name (like in degrees)?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Truly appreciate your advice! Growing up, no one really told us how important it is to have correct names on all documents. It doesnt help that some of our names are just not really meant to be spelt in English, neither does it help to have a govt that doesnt give a flying toot about how ur name is arranged or spelt in official documents :( At least things are changing now and ppl have more sense these days, hopefully the next generation of kids wont have these kinda problems .... or names. :-D
I know what you mean!

Some of my documents have my dad's name stuck between my first name and surname. No amount of trying to convince the authorities have worked so far and I've been practically forced to use my dad's name as my middle name in almost every official document except my passport! Frustrating!

I'm trying to keep things simple for my own child. I gave him a first name and no middle name and made sure that all his documents so far have both my name and my spouse's full names. And to make matters more complicated, my spouse and I have different surnames ;) That really confuses the authorities ;)

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Yes, I am American. The first case you mentioned, Hey buddy, is like the Hey man or dude thing where it is like part of the greeting. The second case, my buddy, is used when not talking directly to the person. It's used as a description, like my husband or Mary's friend. I would not directly refer to you as buddy in normal conversation. Our polite direct reference is usually something like sir or ma'am. Though that may be more common in older people now than younger ones.

This is the most multicultural forum I've ever participated in, so it's great to learn about the typical uses other places.
OK, I get it...like you wouldn't say, "buddy, could you pass the salt?"

I like how you guys use Sir/ Ma'am though. I find it courteous and quaint. Strange words to describes Americans, huh? :p

I am a third-culture-kid myself, so kind of a culture-geek/ junkie. Hardly anything more enriching than interacting with with people from diverse backgrounds, and yes this forum gives ample opportunity for that.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My degree has my name displayed in this order: First Name- Middle Name- Last Name.

My passport has my name in this order (in the barcode section as well as full name section): Last Name- Middle Name- First Name.

Thanks in advance!
Doesn't your passport have separate fields for "Given name," "Middle Name" and "Surname"?

Saj_immigration

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
I know what you mean!

Some of my documents have my dad's name stuck between my first name and surname. No amount of trying to convince the authorities have worked so far and I've been practically forced to use my dad's name as my middle name in almost every official document except my passport! Frustrating!

I'm trying to keep things simple for my own child. I gave him a first name and no middle name and made sure that all his documents so far have both my name and my spouse's full names. And to make matters more complicated, my spouse and I have different surnames ;) That really confuses the authorities ;)
Just felt like saying hi and asking you if you think there will be a draw on Wednesday. Any chance of the points coming down further? I'll probably enroll myself for French classes soon though I have no idea how you score on that and how much I can add. Anyway feels good to see some of you posting here :)

Reactions: baka and andieangel

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Good morning everyone. I have a crazy cultural question. In American, we never refer to each other as brother/sister/friend/buddy. The closest things might be man/dude, but they are more of a part of a greeting like Hey man or Hey dude.

Are brother/sister/friend/buddy used a lot in other countries? If so, which ones? Thanks in advance for the education.
A lot of people from the Indian subcontinent also use brother/sister to refer to each other, especially when they're speaking in the local language.

It's a sign of mutual respect, trust and inclusion.

Slash12

Jul 6, 2017
Hello everybody, plz is there any website or tool that can help me identifying my NOC? In french if it's possible.

Thanks mates !!

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Thanks in advance!
You should always put your name exactly as it shows in the passport. For the degree, you can always write a letter of explanation justifying the different order. It's a minor detail that should not cause any trouble with your application. :)

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Just felt like saying hi and asking you if you think there will be a draw on Wednesday. Any chance of the points coming down further? I'll probably enroll myself for French classes soon though I have no idea how you score on that and how much I can add. Anyway feels good to see some of you posting here :)
Hello! I expect a draw every day of the week so I'm the wrong person to ask this question ;)

The points are expected to keep falling but no one is sure at what rate they'll fall - it can either be a steep or a slow decline.

I think you can add 15 additional points for French along with the second language points that you get for knowing French (you'll have to look it up on the IRCC website because I don't remember how much that is). So learning French is definitely a good idea.

Good luck.