+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

Besho85

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Provincial nomination was a dream to most EE applicants since it provides additional 600 points, and guarantees ITA in the subsequent EE draw. However, when the CRS cut-off points declined in the first 5 months of 2017 reaching to 413, most of us gave ONIP a second thought and waited for a direct ITA. This should decreased the number of applicants for ONIP significantly. And even though Ontario has announced recently for the first time its processing time, we still kept it as plan B.

IRCC took too long to conduct a draw this time (more than the 2 weeks it needed to update the profiles according to the 6th June changes), and reduced the number of ITAs in today's draw to 3,409 to keep the cut-off high and applicants rush desperately to apply for ONIP. However I believe, as many here are predicting, the CRS cut-off will go down again in the next 2-4 draws, in order for IRCC meets its target for 2017.

Therefore, personally, I will wait for at least 2 more draws and see whats the cut-off trend before I consider applying for ONIP.

Thom1991

Aug 15, 2016
So I'm at 459 CRS points. According to the draw today, the cutoff was 448 CRS points. How come I haven't received any message in my account yet or my profile updated? Good luck to you all on the next draw!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
All those jumping for the OINP nominations, I would recommend to wait and watch for another draw or two if your cuttoff is above 415

The next cut off would be 435 assuming the draw is held on July 5.

The high cut off this time was expected. And people mocked me when I said the cut off would be 440 to 445.

The fact that the cut off is high is due to the long wait (which CIC informed us in advance that the draw would be at least 2 weeks from the June 6th changes for those to reflect)

Secondly the siblings and the francophone s increased the points too.

I highly anticipate the cut offs to fall. But yes, if you are below 400, don't expect to be there by Christmas.

All those between 410 to 449, don't go for OINP and just wait for some time. You would atleast get to watch Game of thrones Season finale when winter is truly around in Canada! :)

All the best and I hope to meet you'll in Canada soon.

PS: My watch has just begun. Being waiting for 2 years and kinda feel that I am an expert in this now. :D :D :p
Listen to @Globetrotter2017 and the Winter will come :)

kuber101

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I
Yeah this what I mentioned earlier. I knew it was going to be a slight spike given the new factors. Hopefully the decrements are larger and not like 449 444 441 438 etc :S. Based on these results, I have stopped predicting and simply hoping.:cool: OINP looks good but not good enough for my 1500..
I feel so beat by this draw. I din expect such a big spike, though 10-15 points was coming.
Anyway let's hope it's drops back to a more reasonable figure in July so all of us can get to our goals faster

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
my NOC 2011 - 2121 - Biologists and related scientists/
what is my hope!! I am desperately waiting for OINP, resubmitted profile on 25/June with CRS 425!
Hey Biologist wait 2 more draws, you will be through via EE.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Reactions: Mjkab

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
So I'm at 459 CRS points. According to the draw today, the cutoff was 448 CRS points. How come I haven't received any message in my account yet or my profile updated? Good luck to you all on the next draw!
sorry to hear!
I do not really have any clue to help you!
will let you advise if I can. Be patience for now!

Globetrotter2017

Jun 14, 2017
Interesting little story so I thought to share here. I was sitting at 388 and wasn't expecting the scores to fall so fast, but the day I saw 415 I thought of giving another ielts try (my previous score was L8 R8 W6.5 S8) my ielts results for this attempt were withheld and meanwhile another draw at 413 was held, I was a little dispappointed but the downward trend was a motivating factor. Later on I get my ielts results and my CRS jumps to 444, I was expecting an ITA the very next draw but then all these changes, updates and delays and here we are ..... 449 it is. Life is so unpredictable and hard on us sometimes. Anyways, hopes are high for 67th.

My dear, I had given the academic IELTS 2 years ago and had 421. The mistake I did was my consultant didn't really seem to see my documents properly. Sad but true. I retook the IELTS only when I brought to the notice of my consultant the mistake which they oversaw in 2016 march. I received the ITA but had to decline it. I retook the IELTS thrice as my score went from 423 to 393 to 395 and then to 436.

I guess our stories are similar but hey this is the Ray of Hope thread isn't it? So there is hope. And patience is the key and a very need trait in today's world. :)

All the best to you and hope our paths cross in Canada! :)

God bless

shaun75

Jun 28, 2017
Northern Ireland
NOC Code......
Bummer of a draw. I know some were predicting a high CRS today, but we were all secretly hoping for the trend to continue with only a small bump today. Good things in life come to those who wait.

Anyway all this excitement over the past week or so waiting for today's draw has given me hope. So much hope I've just signed up the wife for her IELTS and sent her Masters off to get certified. My points, plus hers now look like a possibility, where I wouldn't have given myself any hope a year ago with 379. I'm going to squeeze out every point I can and hope we get back down to the 410-420 range.

My main point is that things are changing fast and who knows what the CRS will be in a year's time. A year isn't a long time to wait for your dream! ;)

Hang in there guys, our turn is coming.