ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
E="mqamar1994, post: 6133720, member: 597460"]I too thought the same mate. I Wonder why they showcased the tie breaker rule then
Maybe the system calculating tie-break thing is still not ready. Can't be a bluff.[/QUOTE]

They said in a recent Q&A that they'll start implementing the rule in a month time. So they won't do it right away. Once we have a round draw (say, 3500 ITAs exactly), then we'll know they started doing it. That's if they even decide to go with rounf numbers, if not, we'll know by the ministerial instructions, they'd have to include something that says the exact time of creation of the last profile on the cutoff score that will get the ITA. Just a guess.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
So that last draw sucked.

But it's motivated me to sign my wife up for her IELTS which will hopefully add another 20 points..

And as luck would have it one of the local IELTS centres has just opened up the 8th of July, someone must have cancelled..

So here's hoping for a draw next week then a 3 week break and we get our ITA

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
TE="ankitptrivedi, post: 6133739, member: 675860"]The 3409 ITA's issued today, are they out of the pool completely? Or only those who accept ITA before the next draw are out?
They are all out of the pool as of today.[/QUOTE]
They're out of the pool, but if they choose to reject the ITA, they enter back to the pool.

mejaz

Dec 9, 2016
Toronto, ON
Passport Req..
10-04-2018
It depends on security checks and your medical history. If they both are clear and nothing complicated then the average time for PNP will be 2-3 months while direct ITA average is 4 months. However, time will vary for each case depending on documents attached and security checks.
No security check and medical for OINP i believe.

financeguy

Jun 14, 2015
Interesting little story so I thought to share here. I was sitting at 388 and wasn't expecting the scores to fall so fast, but the day I saw 415 I thought of giving another ielts try (my previous score was L8 R8 W6.5 S8) my ielts results for this attempt were withheld and meanwhile another draw at 413 was held, I was a little dispappointed but the downward trend was a motivating factor. Later on I get my ielts results and my CRS jumps to 444, I was expecting an ITA the very next draw but then all these changes, updates and delays and here we are ..... 449 it is. Life is so unpredictable and hard on us sometimes. Anyways, hopes are high for 67th.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
Yeah this what I mentioned earlier. I knew it was going to be a slight spike given the new factors. Hopefully the decrements are larger and not like 449 444 441 438 etc :S. Based on these results, I have stopped predicting and simply hoping.:cool: OINP looks good but not good enough for my 1500..
I am wondering some lucky folks got OINP even one day after profile submission?
what's wrong with my profile I resubmitted on 25/June with CRS 425!!
Please help me!

financeguy

Jun 14, 2015
Need a little advice. I am at crs 444 and haven't received oinp as I did not create new profile but just updated the old one. Should I withdraw current profile and create new one to receive oinp or wait for 67th draw ?

thievaryx

May 6, 2017
Back to the waiting game. Still with you all in the ROH 67 now.

Thanks for all that have shared calculations. Hopefully we will get this ball rolling soon and not reach 400 pages!

Bitter sweet draw, but a draw is better than no draw! Congratulations to all those with ITAs and renewed hope to those of us waiting.

A toast to all the future Canadians patiently waiting for their turn. This drinks for you! Cheers!

Globetrotter2017

Jun 14, 2017
All those jumping for the OINP nominations, I would recommend to wait and watch for another draw or two if your cuttoff is above 415

The next cut off would be 435 assuming the draw is held on July 5.

The high cut off this time was expected. And people mocked me when I said the cut off would be 440 to 445.

The fact that the cut off is high is due to the long wait (which CIC informed us in advance that the draw would be at least 2 weeks from the June 6th changes for those to reflect)

Secondly the siblings and the francophone s increased the points too.

I highly anticipate the cut offs to fall. But yes, if you are below 400, don't expect to be there by Christmas.

All those between 410 to 449, don't go for OINP and just wait for some time. You would atleast get to watch Game of thrones Season finale when winter is truly around in Canada! :)

All the best and I hope to meet you'll in Canada soon.

PS: My watch has just begun. Being waiting for 2 years and kinda feel that I am an expert in this now. :D :D :p

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Need a little advice. I am at crs 444 and haven't received oinp as I did not create new profile but just updated the old one. Should I withdraw current profile and create new one to receive oinp or wait for 67th draw ?
I believe you are safe with waiting for the 67th draw.

Reactions: financeguy