Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear umar127 and forum members,

I've been following this forum for a few months and I've already received Ontario's NOI in April. Since my EE score is 411, only 2 points below last draw's cut-off mark, I haven't applied to OINP yet because I believe the cut-off will decrease a little more and I'll get an ITA directly. I'm already in Canada but not in Ontario, so it would be easier for me to get an ITA and stay where I'm now, instead of moving everything to Ontario.

Surprisingly, recently I've seen few member declining their ITAs in order to get their nominations from Ontario. This is really confusing me because I've always thought that the only benefit of applying to OINP was to get additional 600 points and be sure to receive the ITA on the next draw. Could someone please explain to me if is there any other benefit(s) as a nominee? What is the reason for rejecting the ITA to get Ontario's nomination and, then, receive the ITA again?

Thanks and good luck to all of us.
The only reason for me to go for OINP was I wanted to test something. I did not had JD's listed on one of my work experience letter. So I got my boss to write a letter for me. I submitted that letter along with my application to OINP to test if they would accept it.
Secondly, PNP's are processed faster than direct ITAs

Reactions: ITA_Seeker

shahwarsaleem

Oct 5, 2015
Hi Everyone, I have a bit complex scenario. Please help and let me know your comments.

- I got NOI on May 12, 2017 with CRS 410.
- I am waiting for my bank statement to get mature to apply for PNP.
- In the mean while I am also getting married on July 15, 2017.
- My wife to be is registered to take IELTS on July 8, 2017. Her results will be available by July 21-24, 2017.
- After adding wife with her IELTS my score will reach 404 Minimum which makes me safe to apply at the start of July for PNP as planned and post a Change of Personal Information form 0161E to OINP as guided here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

My point of confusion is that, when I post above change how much close to July 15 should I need to be? Because I will obviously prefer to add my wife with IELTS score. So that we do not violate 400 points requirements. Please guide me what should I do?

I could think of following :

- Only notify OINP when I have received TRF of IELTS for my wife.
- Send Notification with no additional documents with 0161E form and just tell them that my Wife's IELTS results will be arriving soon.

Please let me know what would be the best time to notify so that I add my wife and do not lose nomination as well.

Thank you.

ITA_Seeker

Jun 17, 2017
The only reason for me to go for OINP was I wanted to test something. I did not had JD's listed on one of my work experience letter. So I got my boss to write a letter for me. I submitted that letter along with my application to OINP to test if they would accept it.
Thanks, umar127. So, there's no actual benefit of being a nominee other than getting the extra points, right?
May I have your opinion on my strategy (I.e., holding the NOI while waiting the cut-off mark to drop down)? Thanks!

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Do you know how much of a difference? I'm assuming you are talking about post ITA submission processing time.

shahwarsaleem

Oct 5, 2015
Yes if you got NOI then they will have to nominate you even beyond individual quota. Only exception is where overall federal quota is filled (not possible for few months) in that case all Nominations pending are deferred to next year.
Hey Bill, Thank you for your analysis on quotas. It is very helping.

Can you please give a rough estimate for NOC 2173? I have got the NOI but I am considering the option to recreate my profile by end of July. Because I want to add my wife as I will be getting married on July 15.

Please let me know if there hope to get NOI for NOC 2173 by end of next month? How fast is NOC 2173 filling up, in short. Please let me know of your comments. Thanks.

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, umar127. So, there's no actual benefit of being a nominee other than getting the extra points, right?
May I have your opinion on my strategy (I.e., holding the NOI while waiting the cut-off mark to drop down)? Thanks!

[/QUOTE

I'd say wait for the next draw and see how it goes. The score is eventually gonna come down but it just the matter of how long it gonna take to hit 411 again.Another thing u need to keep in mind that ur NOI may be valid for 6 months but there is no guarantee quota wont be filled in meanwhile. So u might have ur NOI in ur hand 2-3 months from now but of no use

Reactions: ITA_Seeker

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I see many VO are taking longer to process PNP than direct ITA.
My guess is based on year end express entry reports of 2015 and 2016. In 2015 it was 4 months for PNP and 5 for Direct ITA's and in 2016 it was 5 for PNP and 6 for direct ITA

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hey Bill, Thank you for your analysis on quotas. It is very helping.

Can you please give a rough estimate for NOC 2173? I have got the NOI but I am considering the option to recreate my profile by end of July. Because I want to add my wife as I will be getting married on July 15.

Please let me know if there hope to get NOI for NOC 2173 by end of next month? How fast is NOC 2173 filling up, in short. Please let me know of your comments. Thanks.
Yes 2173 is not even 50% full so there is a chance they will keep sending NOI but I heard someone saying that if points are above 400 and you re-create Profile you can inform OINP and they carry forward your NOI to new account. However I don't have any idea about that.