Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Brace yourselves for another draw this week. This will answer a lot of questions
- Whether IRCC continues to open the gate for all-program draws.
- The rate of new candidates joining the pool. While IELTS and WES are not in full force, we have to acknowledge that the gate opening has also triggered candidates to rush joining the pool, too. Many people did not anticipate IRCC to resume all-program draws as early as July.
- The number of invitations.

Here we come!

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Brace yourselves for another draw this week. This will answer a lot of questions
- Whether IRCC continues to open the gate for all-program draws.
- The rate of new candidates joining the pool. While IELTS and WES are not in full force, we have to acknowledge that the gate opening has also triggered candidates to rush joining the pool, too. Many people did not anticipate IRCC to resume all-program draws as early as July.
- The number of invitations.

Here we come!
That’s true, they issued like 50k plus ITA now right ? And we have roughly 12/13 draws left for this year . If their target is 85k, that’s mean they will reduce 3900 at a point. Reduction in no of invitations can actually increase CRS scores. I don’t think they will switch to CEC OR PNP again.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
That’s true, they issued like 50k plus ITA now right ? And we have roughly 12/13 draws left for this year . If their target is 85k, that’s mean they will reduce 3900 at a point. Reduction in no of invitations can actually increase CRS scores. I don’t think they will switch to CEC OR PNP again.
I agree that they have issued quite a lot of ITAs so far. I am wondering how many ITAs have gone wasted because of CEC candidates unable to complete 1 year experience due to the pandemic or having submitted the application before completing 1 year of work. I remember there was some issue with their calculation whereby the candidates became eligible for the CEC program around the 11th month. If the candidates did not know that they were required to complete exactly 1 year before submitting the applications, theirs would definitely be rejected.

In that case, IRCC might continue the current number of ITAs sent to catch up with their targets. I hope this is the case.

Reactions: jrossi

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
I agree that they have issued quite a lot of ITAs so far. I am wondering how many ITAs have gone wasted because of CEC candidates unable to complete 1 year experience due to the pandemic or having submitted the application before completing 1 year of work. I remember there was some issue with their calculation whereby the candidates became eligible for the CEC program around the 11th month. If the candidates did not know that they were required to complete exactly 1 year before submitting the applications, theirs would definitely be rejected.

In that case, IRCC might continue the current number of ITAs sent to catch up with their targets. I hope this is the case.
Their target is to send ITA. They don't give a damn if the application is rejected or approved. Have you ever heard a word about a target to grant PR?

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019

That makes sense, I hope they continue 3900 .

Reactions: joconstantine

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
That makes sense, I hope they continue 3900 .
One question regarding the annual targets of invitations sent, I read that Canada had different targets for Skilled Workers (I assumed both FSWs and CECs are in this category) and Provincial/Territorial Nominee Program. However, candidates with PNP are competing directly with others in the same rounds of invitations. In this way, should the targeted number of invitations sent be the sum of individual targets for skilled workers and PNPs?

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
12 draws left in the year. At least 1 of the 12 will be FST, if not 2. If it remains 3,900 invites per all streams draw with 2 FST draws (500 invites per FST draw), we'll reach around 93,800 invites at the end of the year.

I just hope this week's draw won't be FST.