+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Its not going to happen. I remember back in 2017 when people were saying that the score will go below 400 and look what end up happening.
If it's a CEC only draw, why not? I doubt the pool has refilled to an extent where the cut-off score will rise, especially with the issues related to the pandemic.

Another 3.7k draw i think will lead to a drop, how big a drop that we can't know.

Also, people should realize with the lockdowns, assessing authorities have suspended ECAs, IELTS exams have been suspended, this will lead to the pool not refilling as quickly as it usually does.

So it actually bodes well for the people already in the pool.

Then i should not expect ITA right and loose all hopes because 451(CEC) is very low and chances are very less for another CEC draw right.
No, on the contrary, what i said is there are likely to be more CEC draws this year, and this will lead to them drawing from further down the pool. Who would have predicted a cut-off score of 455? Why not 451? Especially if the next draw is CEC.

IRCC has not committed, by any means, to do only CEC draws this year.
My bad, i phrased that clumsily, what i meant was IRCC have committed to having CEC exclusive draws this year, so there is every chance that there will be others to follow.

I didn't mean there will be only CEC draws this year.

So it actually bodes well for the people already in the pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Timbuktu_14

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
You will get ITA whenever the general draws resume. Score prediction means that would be the lowest, anything above the cut off point would get ITA. Hopefully, the next draw would be a general one.
Thank you for the information. For some reason I was thinking 467 to 469 would be the threshold

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, I guess those greedy US companies (Facebook, Microsoft, Google etc.) would have to hire US citizens and pay them decently. Yes, it means lower earnings for the mega-rich managers, but hey, life is tough right.
You know that if Americans could actually do those jobs, they're hire them right? Why would they go out of their way to hire foreigners unless their skills are considered specialty, racking up thousands in extra costs and petitions.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
You know that if Americans could actually do those jobs, they're hire them right? Why would they go out of their way to hire foreigners unless their skills are considered specialty, racking up thousands in extra costs and petitions.
Its just a pretext. Make super-complicated job requirements to complain you can't easily find the right person to do the job. Every graduate can do those job with proper initial training. The same pretext they used before when not allowing people to work from home, cause it will be a disaster for the company and productivity. Well guess what, they sent almost everyone working at home now.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Its just a pretext. Make super-complicated job requirements to complain you can't easily find the right person to do the job. Every graduate can do those job with proper initial training. The same pretext they used before when not allowing people to work from home, cause it will be a disaster for the company and productivity. Well guess what, they sent almost everyone working at home now.
Not sure where you are getting your information but If everyone could do it they wouldnt be paying 200K/year to do these jobs. Its simple economics.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
C'mon now, you know what a bureaucratic hassle it is to employ someone on a H1B visa? You think American companies jump through all of those hoops, just to employ people on made up job descriptions, so they don't have to employ Americans? They are a lot of requirements for them to qualify for an H1B visa, they need have a specialty occupation, have a degree, requisite experience, minimum salary, etc.

H1B visa holders' average salary in 2019 was almost USD 90k.

I don't know where you're getting this notion that they're being brought so that they can be paid less than Americans.

Reactions: Rmita

canadaimmigrant173

Dec 27, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well, I guess those greedy US companies (Facebook, Microsoft, Google etc.) would have to hire US citizens and pay them decently. Yes, it means lower earnings for the mega-rich managers, but hey, life is tough right.
Employees at these companies do not get varied pay based on their immigration status

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
High-waged white-collar engineers will be the last to be affected by the tightening of working visas.

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Guys, expect very large numbers of applicants in the coming days. The cut-off for a general draw will be 475+. The reason I say this is that H1B visa holders will look at Canada now as over 200,000 visa holders have their visas expiring in the coming months.

Things are looking difficult for FSW candidates ......
read this article
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/over-200-000-h-1b-workers-could-lose-their-right-to-be-in-us-by-june-2220138?pfrom=home-topscroll
When IELTS tests and WES operation have not been resumed, I doubt there will be many candidates joining the pool in the next few months. But after that, I agree with you, Canada PR program will be even more popular than it is now.

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
When IELTS tests and WES operation have not been resumed, I doubt there will be many candidates joining the pool in the next few months. But after that, I agree with you, Canada PR program will be even more popular than it is now.
I think a majority of the fresh H1B visa holders already have their WES and IELTS in place. I believe they have already started entering the pool. We might see the increase in applicants in the range 471-481 in the coming draws.

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
It would be really helpful if anyone here could help me understand the current situation of immigration in Canada.
only PNP and CEC draws are happening.
1- PNP applicants have either blood relatives or a job offer in hand which makes total sense.

2- CEC applicants are benefiting from the low CRS scores at the moment.

But how low will the IRCC allow the scores to drop? wont that mean Canada will lose out of more skilled people and take applicants will inferior qualification?

My question here does not intend to start a CEC vs FSW battle.
I only ask "how low is too low??".

I am very happy for CEC candidates who have been able to get ITAs in the last few weeks and i hope FSW draws happen soon.