+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
@Jatt2canada How low is too low? It's not really your problem what IRCC chooses to do really, is it? You are not concerned about the 'quality' of applicants for Canada, you just want them to start drawing FSW draws again most likely in your own interest. Please do not try and make pretentious posts. If everyone wants to be safe then start upgrading your skills and qualifications to score over 481.

Reactions: blessedveev

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
It would be really helpful if anyone here could help me understand the current situation of immigration in Canada.
only PNP and CEC draws are happening.
1- PNP applicants have either blood relatives or a job offer in hand which makes total sense.

2- CEC applicants are benefiting from the low CRS scores at the moment.

But how low will the IRCC allow the scores to drop? wont that mean Canada will lose out of more skilled people and take applicants will inferior qualification?

My question here does not intend to start a CEC vs FSW battle.
I only ask "how low is too low??".

I am very happy for CEC candidates who have been able to get ITAs in the last few weeks and i hope FSW draws happen soon.
IRCC has its minimum eligibility that it assumes is enough for its PR holders. I believe the cut-off only exists to provide IRCC with a choice of selecting the number of applicants it can process according to its capacity and annual targets. So that the applicants that are not selected won't blame the selection process as it is always accepted for the more scoring candidate to get the chance and everything seems fair.

So under the current situations where IRCC cannot process foreign applications, I think the answer to your "how low will IRCC allow" would be, as low as the profile meets minimum eligibility criteria if the situation continues for a long time.

Reactions: blessedveev

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Yeah, but if they keep drawing further and further down the CEC ranks, don't do draws which include FSW, you're going to have a bizarre situation where people are getting invitations for CEC who have scores lower than 450 and possible 440, and there are FSWs which have scores of 480+ remaining in the pool.

It doesn't make sense.

I know this is being done because of the pandemic, and the fact they are continuing to do draws shows you that there is no appetite by IRCC to miss out on their immigration goals this year despite the pandemic.

But at the same time, the time has to come when everyone can compete on equal footing. I know people think IRCC don't care or have any obligation to anyone, but we are all stakeholders, and IRCC is a government agency which has to answer to politically appointed ministers.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for FSWs to see how low scores are dropping when they are 460-5+ are not being allowed to compete.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
It doesn't make sense.
People who are talking it not fair for FSW right? kindly let me know how can a high school pass-out candidate with 2 years diploma in Canada and 2 years Canadian Experience can compete with someone who has Masters/Ph.D. or 3-5 years of experience?

I know people will say gain some experience and education but believe me, it is hard, when someone is on PGWP, and it is expiring (does not matter his highest qualification is a diploma or bachelors) all FSW high scoring candidates making hard to get ITA, which was some kind of a part of being an international student towards the permanent residency.

IRCC is not doing any favor by doing CEC draws only, it is the right of a person who has been living here for more than 3 or 4 years and has gone through all ups and downs in the country

I hope there will some more CEC draws in the future..........

(This comment is personal and it does not mean to hurt anyone's intentions)

Reactions: bleachedaxe

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
People who are talking it not fair for FSW right? kindly let me know how can a high school pass-out candidate with 2 years diploma in Canada and 2 years Canadian Experience can compete with someone who has Masters/Ph.D. or 3-5 years of experience?

I know people will say gain some experience and education but believe me, it is hard, when someone is on PGWP, and it is expiring (does not matter his highest qualification is a diploma or bachelors) all FSW high scoring candidates making hard to get ITA, which was some kind of a part of being an international student towards the permanent residency.

IRCC is not doing any favor by doing CEC draws only, it is the right of a person who has been living here for more than 3 or 4 years and has gone through all ups and downs in the country

I hope there will some more CEC draws in the future..........

(This comment is personal and it does not mean to hurt anyone's intentions)
I don't see why everyone feels wronged due to CEC draws. If you want higher points then come to Canada, get an education and use your PGWP to work. Now you too are a CEC candidate. No one is stopping anyone from becoming a CEC candidate and attaining higher points.

Reactions: jitesh2013

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I don't see why everyone feels wronged due to CEC draws. If you want higher points then come to Canada, get an education and use your PGWP to work. Now you too are a CEC candidate. No one is stopping anyone from becoming a CEC candidate and attaining higher points.
It was not about FSW vs CEC, in my opinion.
It's the disappointment after being overexpecting. FSW candidates in the 465-469 range were very hopeful that the cut-off would go lower than 470 and they would have a chance. But that did not happen due to CEC-exclusive draws.
In turn, if IRCC ever stopped CEC-exclusive draws, CEC candidates in the lower end of 450s would be forever regretted that they "almost made it".

Reactions: Canadapr1992

royalking

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Yeah. There is. Learn French. Don't listen to those fools commenting abruptly asking you to stay home. 6 months of hard work of learning French is all that it takes.
Those negative perpetrators will simply spread negativity and will be fit for nothing.
37 PhD 5 years work experience 451 will French bring changes to my score ??

harsh_makani

Feb 12, 2020
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – #145 April 29, 2020
Provincial Nominee Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction
Number of invitations issued: 589Footnote*
Rank required to be invited to apply: 589th or above
Date and time of round: April 29, 2020 at 11:17:20 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 692
Tie-breaking rule: March 11, 2020 at 13:46:21 UTC

CRS score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of April 27, 2020
CRS score rangeNumber of candidates
601-1200461
501-600318
451-50020,708
491-500267
481-490924
471-4802,635
461-4707,157
451-4609,725
401-45043,513
441-45010,295
431-4409,994
421-4306,921
411-4207,577
401-4108,726
351-40051,034
301-35027,566
0-3003,493
Total147,093

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
So this means a CEC draw will follow shortly.