+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi, Everyone i am at CRS 451(CEC), Can someone please tell me if there is any hope for me to get in or i should just give up all hopes on immigration.
Never give up hope. :)

Last CEC draw had a cut-off score of 455.

If it's another CEC draw then there's a good chance it will be below 455, in which can you might make it.

If it's all program, most likely not.

But given IRCC have committed to doing CEC only draws this year, you never know when they might do it again especially with the issues relating to the pandemic.

manojsax

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
IMHO, what Canada actually needs now is a moratorium on Immigration, same as the US. What Canada needs after Covid is limited immigration streams for the sectors that have reported shortages, and cut out everything else. The Canadian immigration system is actually a scam, even by official statistics (which are never reported, cause they look sad), 3/4 of the people who immigrate never get a job related to their background. Unfortunately because of the big construction businesses (mafia) supporting all parties with donations, political candidates can't speak about this. There is only one guy Maxim Bernier (People's Party) who has raised this issue. He has previously proposed an immigration system of max 150.000 per year and all within strictly economic streams. I just speak the language of common sense, it might sound politically incorrect, but is essentially correct. Everyone who can think for himself understands that. Again, it's not against immigration, it's just aligning the system with the economic reality of the country, cutting out family reunion, refugees claims and other bs. Unfortunately here in Canada political parties use mass immigration as a way to get re-elected in power.
You have a valid point (if you take Bernier out of equation).
I have been in Canada for ~15 months now and see many immigrants working in areas that have nothing to do with how they "qualified" for permanent residence. I won't call it a scam, because the process is largely transparent and democratic. And thats where it is abused. Loopholes for sure, but they can be filled.

Reactions: fotjon

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Can you blame them? The way the U.S treats legal immigrants. They're always saying just do things the right way, and you'll be welcomed. Well that doesn't seem like the case.

The majority of them would already be PRs in Canada.

But yes, prepare to compete. These guys are highly educated, have very good work experience, and good language skills.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Can you blame them? The way the U.S treats legal immigrants. They're always saying just do things the right way, and you'll be welcomed. Well that doesn't seem like the case.

The majority of them would already be PRs in Canada.

But yes, prepare to compete. These guys are highly educated, have very good work experience, and good language skills.
I did my undergrad in the US so trust me I know. After a while, you think why the **** am I trying to hard when it's clear I'm not wanted here. And yes I agree they are all competitive and will probably pull the score closer to 481

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

This is probably a dumb question but I am gonna ask anyway. Our CRS score is 481 and we are in US on H1B visa. I came across a post in this thread which says if FSW gets their chance in the next draw CRS score selection would be between 467 to 469. Is it reasonable that we expect an ITA or we wont because our score is a bit higher. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
You will get ITA whenever the general draws resume. Score prediction means that would be the lowest, anything above the cut off point would get ITA. Hopefully, the next draw would be a general one.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
PREDICTION FOR NEXT DRAW: 29 APRIL, 2020

CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS

ITA’s: 3,500-3700
CRS: 449 – 451

PROVINCE NOMINEE PROGRAM
ITA’s: 200 – 300
CRS: 600 & above

OR

FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER
ITA’s: 3900

CRS: 467 – 469
467 makes a lot of sense considering the score distribution from the last ROI. Or 468 max. The only way it's going to be higher is if high-scoring candidates of over a thousand enter the pool between the last draw and the next one. I think the next draw would be a general draw too. It will tell on the low-scoring CEC candidates. FSW candidates would almost certainly take all the spots because they seem to be the only one with high-scoring candidates at the moment. Whenever the general draws resume, I expect CRS to nosedive a little pending when IELTS start to release results again.

Anshul001

Apr 10, 2020
Its not going to happen. I remember back in 2017 when people were saying that the score will go below 400 and look what end up happening.
Then i should not expect ITA right and loose all hopes because 451(CEC) is very low and chances are very less for another CEC draw right.