+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Well said. Especially the paying tuition part. I have paid a total of 80K (my parents paid 3/4) to go through high school and get a diploma here. After that, I had competitive interviews in more than 5 companies and landed a job which after 2 years only left me with 454 points (IELTS maxed out). I paid tax so people can stay at home and still earn money. It's frustrating and devastating to see scores going higher every single draw. It's obvious that our CEC people's advantage is not enough to be called advantage until the virus shows up (scores drop drastically).

What's sadder is that the most possible way to get extra points is getting LMIA which is almost impossible.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Well said. Especially the paying tuition part. I have paid a total of 80K (my parents paid 3/4) to go through high school and get a diploma here. After that, I had competitive interviews in more than 5 companies and landed a job which after 2 years only left me with 454 points (IELTS maxed out). I paid tax so people can stay at home and still earn money. It's frustrating and devastating to see scores going higher every single draw. It's obvious that our CEC people's advantage is not enough to be called advantage until the virus shows up (scores drop drastically).

What's sadder is that the most possible way to get extra points is getting LMIA which is almost impossible.
Why is LMIA hard to get for your case?
Hope another CEC-exclusive draw will give you a chance, though.

Reactions: jitesh2013

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Why is LMIA hard to get for your case?
Hope another CEC-exclusive draw will give you a chance, though.
LMIA is usually very hard to get. It's relatively easier to get nominated by a province. The hassle for those 50 points is not really worth it.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

I hope you get a chance to apply soon. It's a tough spot to be. Hang tight!

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
LMIA is usually very hard to get. It's relatively easier to get nominated by a province. The hassle for those 50 points is not really worth it.
I see. But for some candidates, it seems to be the only chance they get.

Sidetrack, are you also waiting for a general draw?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I see. But for some candidates, it seems to be the only chance they get.

Sidetrack, are you also waiting for a general draw?
Nope. I already got my ITA. I will be submitting my documents soon. For the sake of balance, I hope general draws will be back soon.

Reactions: joconstantine

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
IMHO, what Canada actually needs now is a moratorium on Immigration, same as the US. What Canada needs after Covid is limited immigration streams for the sectors that have reported shortages, and cut out everything else. The Canadian immigration system is actually a scam, even by official statistics (which are never reported, cause they look sad), 3/4 of the people who immigrate never get a job related to their background. Unfortunately because of the big construction businesses (mafia) supporting all parties with donations, political candidates can't speak about this. There is only one guy Maxim Bernier (People's Party) who has raised this issue. He has previously proposed an immigration system of max 150.000 per year and all within strictly economic streams. I just speak the language of common sense, it might sound politically incorrect, but is essentially correct. Everyone who can think for himself understands that. Again, it's not against immigration, it's just aligning the system with the economic reality of the country, cutting out family reunion, refugees claims and other bs. Unfortunately here in Canada political parties use mass immigration as a way to get re-elected in power.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsw_hk

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
IMHO, what Canada actually needs now is a moratorium on Immigration, same as the US. What Canada needs after Covid is limited immigration streams for the sectors that have reported shortages, and cut out everything else. The Canadian immigration system is actually a scam, even by official statistics (which are never reported, cause they look sad), 3/4 of the people who immigrate never get a job related to their background. Unfortunately because of the big construction businesses (mafia) supporting all parties with donations, political candidates can't speak about this. There is only one guy Maxim Bernier (People's Party) who has raised this issue. He has previously proposed an immigration system of max 150.000 per year and all within strictly economic streams.
I can't help it but feel like you are a troll. Do you have anything at all to back your claims? Mr. Bernier lost horribly in this election. No offence but I doubt his sad pathetic party is going to make it to the next election.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
IMHO, what Canada actually needs now is a moratorium on Immigration, same as the US. What Canada needs after Covid is limited immigration streams for the sectors that have reported shortages, and cut out everything else. The Canadian immigration system is actually a scam, even by official statistics (which are never reported, cause they look sad), 3/4 of the people who immigrate never get a job related to their background. Unfortunately because of the big construction businesses (mafia) supporting all parties with donations, political candidates can't speak about this. There is only one guy Maxim Bernier (People's Party) who has raised this issue. He has previously proposed an immigration system of max 150.000 per year and all within strictly economic streams.
We know it's difficult as immigrants to integrate into the Canadian economy and work in our field.

But that's our challenge to take on, and people will have varying degrees of success when it comes to this endeavour.

Canada doesn't owe that to us, we have to make the best out of the opportunity provided to us.

All we're looking for is the chance.

Canada will limit immigration now and then they will need twice the rate of immigration later on. It will be an exercise in futility.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maxime Bernier is considered to be a xenophone and racist by most Canadians. He's very anti-immigration. His party is far right and has extremely little support here. He didn't even manage to win his own seat in the last election. In fact, no one from his party won a seat in the last election. This basically makes him and his party a complete joke. Most of us try to completely ignore him since his party has zero chance of ever being in power. He just makes a bunch of noise that very few people listen to. Nothing is ever going to come out of this. Most of us have already forgotten about him.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Guys, is it true that you can get PNP nomination from a province of your profile is expire in less than 3 months in express entry pool ? Am really waiting for Nova Scotia early years PNp draw but my profile expires early June . Thanks for your opinion

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Guys, is it true that you can get PNP nomination from a province of your profile is expire in less than 3 months in express entry pool ? Am really waiting for Nova Scotia early years PNp draw but my profile expires early June . Thanks for your opinion
Saskatchewan do not invite candidates whose profile have less than 3 months expiry period. Not for Nova Scotia.