+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's unknown if they do, but what difference would it make?

You are only assessed on your submitted application.

The only time this would potentially be an issue is if you changed your application in a way where your score would decrease from when you submitted your ITA.

Otherwise your officer is only interested in your submitted application and supporting documents.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
I have been following this thread pretty closely and its really funny how this thread has changed from " ray of hope" to " demand of reservation" thread.

What I can't understand is the thing that people want canada to tweak rules so that incompetent people can receive Ita instead of deserving people from a particular country.

No matter how great this idea seems for those people, I doubt canada or any country for that matter would allow incompetent people to sneak in for the so called diversity phenomenon.

And those who think why majority of EE people belong to a particular country should first go to that country and see how stiff the competition is there for each EE spot. Its the hard work of those guys that they receive ITAs. So anyone who demands for reservation, introspect urself and try to compete with the best instead of crying for reservation.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
To be honest, in India there are a lot of issues with degree mills and people faking documents, and corruption in general.

So you can also question whether they are deserving of those scores.

I know people who have told me that they just paid money and got their degrees.
You want to say WES recognises fake degrees?

Oh com on . Use some common sense. Getting Wes report for a genuine degree is an uphill task and u say people receive Ita with fake degrees.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You want to say WES recognises fake degrees?

Oh com on . Use some common sense. Getting Wes report for a genuine degree is an uphill task and u say people receive Ita with fake degrees.
No, but it's not a coincidence that they have additional procedures like verifying directly with the institution when it comes to certain countries.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
No, but it's not a coincidence that they have additional procedures like verifying directly with the institution when it comes to certain countries.
Exactly, that means people were trying to forge documents but Wes didnt allow that to happen.

End result is that people receiving itas are deserving with genuine degrees recognised by WES or some other agency.

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
It's unknown if they do, but what difference would it make?

You are only assessed on your submitted application.

The only time this would potentially be an issue is if you changed your application in a way where your score would decrease from when you submitted your ITA.

Otherwise your officer is only interested in your submitted application and supporting documents.
Good point. I ask because my name as it appears in my passport is in one line as a LAST FIRST format. But I filled out my express entry profile as FIRST and LAST as if there were two lines in my passport. I have received an ITA and filling out the application made me think of this. Not sure what the ramifications are.

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
Hmmm, can you change your name? I think your profile locks up for personal details when you receive an ITA.
I'm able to change the name if I use the modify family information button of the application. I can include an LOE for the change, not sure what else to do. I thought it makes sense that I make the change seeing as it says exactly as my passport shows.

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
Yeah, makes sense. Is it the same way on your birth certificate as well?

You can add a note in your LOE.
I don't have my birth certificate on me. I think its mostly a naming convention with passports for my country. The machine readable portion does delineate the order of my name.

Also just so that I have other opinions, when I click on the ? for the surname section I see:

Only one name on passport
If there is only one name line on the passport, put the whole name in this answer field.

Also known as "surname" or "family name".

The whole name refers to LAST FIRST in my case right?