+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Point 1 and 3 clear

For point 2, should I enter all my previous certificates and degree in the WES online application or just the new credential ?
If you already have an ECA report on your WES account, you need to upgrade it, you will receive a new reference number after you make the payment and there will be specific instructions on what to do for an upgrade application, just follow them.

Request for an update for your profile and you will be given a reference number to add additional documents. You don’t need to start all over again
Even if you request it, they will not do it and insist on sending previous documents again. No point doing this and risking delay of the process, just do as they have asked and send the documents again.

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
You said, I need to send my previous school and university certificates too, the ones I evaluated previously for 4 years Bachelors. So, do I need to add these in the online application upgrade? Because whatever is mentioned online will be sent right.

In simple words, will WES not check my previous documents do I need to send everything again just to add a new credential ? It seems weird

Request for an update for your profile and you will be given a reference number to add additional documents. You don’t need to start all over again

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
So to conclude it, I will add all of my educational certificates(previous and new)online and send all of them to WES ?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
So to conclude it, I will add all of my educational certificates(previous and new)online and send all of them to WES ?
No, don't get confused. You need to create a new "Upgrade" application and enter your new education credential only, the web interface should take you through all this, I don't remember how it looks but it was simple and straightforward. Once you are done with this, you will get instructions what you need to do next.

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Okay. I have entered my new credential only. It says that I need to enter my secondary school credentials too. I have done that too. So now I don’t need to send my bachelors degree(4 years). Just the secondary school certificates and new degree right ?

No, don't get confused. You need to create a new "Upgrade" application and enter your new education credential only, the web interface should take you through all this, I don't remember how it looks but it was simple and straightforward. Once you are done with this, you will get instructions what you need to do next.

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Since this was a back to back draw, so it’s safe to say the next draw will happen in 3 weeks? The first week of May?

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Welcome to the 469 club lol. If your NOC belongs to OINP Tech draw, keep an eye on that. Maybe OINP will conduct two big Tech draws like last year in July/August or towards the end of the year where they gave out 3500+ NOI's in two weeks, we might receive a NOI from them. On the other hand, if a FSW draw happens before IELTS and ECA services are resumed, we might get through as there are not many candidates with 471+ currently score in the pool.
Yeah I check the requirements. Narrowly missing the job code. The closest one is for advertising manager (0124) (I do some of those) but their education requirements are a little different. Mine is 5124. No nomination for that.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
At the beginning of 2020 Canada set a goal to welcome over 300k immigrants so I'm curious if only CEC and PNP draw continues I'm not sure they can reach that number. Should we assume their goal changed?
CEC because most of them are in Canada, and travel related stuff will not harm their applications. PNP because province need them so they are priority. FSW will be coming with a bang once COVID thing settle down.

Its good that IRCC still continued the process.

Reactions: Arash.g

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Since this was a back to back draw, so it’s safe to say the next draw will happen in 3 weeks? The first week of May?
It's really unpredictable right now. But according to the trends, yes. It should be after 3 weeks.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Okay. I have entered my new credential only. It says that I need to enter my secondary school credentials too. I have done that too. So now I don’t need to send my bachelors degree(4 years). Just the secondary school certificates and new degree right ?
I did not get my school certificates assessed so I don't know, just make sure you are creating an upgrade application, it will tell you which documents you need to send.

Yes, going by past trends but those are not being followed. Now is also time for a trades draw as well, gotta wait and see what happens.

Reactions: lignumvitae

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah I check the requirements. Narrowly missing the job code. The closest one is for advertising manager (0124) (I do some of those) but their education requirements are a little different. Mine is 5124. No nomination for that.
Education does not matter in NOC selection. OINP EE PNP applications are mainly driven by proving work experience. If you can shift to 0124 and can prove work experience for that NOC, I suggest you do that, if you cannot then just wait for direct ITA. Really hoping an FSW draw to take place before IELTS and ECA are resumed and legions of high scoring candidates take over the pool.

Reactions: kolkata2019

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
No, my forecast is next draw on April 29th, 2020 PNP+CEC. Now each draw is being done in two stages, PNP and then CEC. They have been consistently doing draws every two weeks, only at the beginning of the COVID lock-down their schedule was changed. I believe they just caught up now and we would see draw every two weeks from now on again. One the COVID is over then we could see regular draws in possibly a quick succession.

Again that is just my opinion and others might disagree. Only time would tell.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
At the beginning of 2020 Canada set a goal to welcome over 300k immigrants so I'm curious if only CEC and PNP draw continues I'm not sure they can reach that number. Should we assume their goal changed?
CEC and PNP candidates are immigrants as well, not terrorists. All they need to is adjust the target numbers in the respective categories. 300k problem solved.