+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 143rd Draw - CEC

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
A lot has changed and Trudeau personally mentioned that things aren’t going to be same until a solution is found to curtail the Covid 19
yup, he mentioned that specifically related to immigration because that's all Canada is interested in addressing at this point in time. They don't want the negativity on CV forums to overflow.

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
This is just my own theory, i think there will be B2B draw and only for FSW.

They will each be big draws too, 3,500+.

FSW should not worry, we are still the foundation of Express Entry.
I don't think they're able to divide FSW from CEC and PNP since they're both included and eligible to FSW.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't think they're able to divide FSW from CEC and PNP since they're both included and eligible to FSW.
No, i don't think that's the case, because CECs do not have to meet the federal skilled worker program criteria to get into the pool, they have their own criteria to enter the CEC program which for example does not include mandatory education assessment like for FSW.

For PNPs, yes some of them are also FSWs, but you can just remove from them the selection criteria for the draw, all FSW except those with provincial nominations, because now they are no longer just FSWs they count as PNPs. It's not unfair because PNPs have had their own draws several times previously.

Last edited:

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
No, i don't think that's the case, because CECs do not have to meet the federal skilled worker program criteria to get into the pool, they have their own criteria to enter the CEC program which for example does not include mandatory education assessment like for FSW.

For PNPs, yes some of them are also FSWs, but you can just remove from them the selection criteria for the draw, all FSW except those with provincial nominations, because now they are no longer as just FSW they could as PNPs. It's not unfair because PNPs have had their own draws several times previously.
PNP can never be excluded from any draw. Maybe CEC but not PNP .

Reactions: cybertruck

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
PNP can never be excluded from any draw. Maybe CEC but not PNP .
And this is based on what legislation?

I haven't see anything which suggests PNPs have to be in every draw. Usually this would be the case of course, but if they suspend FSWs for several rounds, there's no reason there can't be a draw which excludes PNPs in the future.

Before the latest round, there had never been a CEC program only draw. Things are evolving.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
And this is based on what legislation?

I haven't see anything which suggests PNPs have to be in every draw. Usually this would be the case of course, but if they suspend FSWs for several rounds, there's no reason there can't be a draw which excludes PNPs in the future.

Before the latest round, there had never been a CEC program only draw. Things are evolving.
The essence of immigration is to fill in jobs that has shortage of workforce supply and PNP fulfills 100% of this. However, EE serves more than that purpose so it is impossible to remove PNP from any draw . Logical reasoning

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
The essence of immigration is to fill in jobs that has shortage of workforce supply and PNP fulfills 100% of this. However, EE serves more than that purpose so it is impossible to remove PNP from any draw . Logical reasoning
Sure, but that's your logical reasoning, it doesn't have to do with the planning for the rounds of invitations.

I could easily say, if i suspend FSW for 2 weeks, then it makes sense for me to have an FSW only draw for the next round, especially if they've already drawn a PNP only draw. That's also logical.

But it's conjecture either way, i'm just saying present your opinion as an opinion not a fact.

Last edited:

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hello
I have raised this concern before as well and have a few more questions if anyone could help me, please.

I have submitted my express entry profile in June 2019 with 446 and then updated my profile in December with 451with my new IELTS score. Then, I was waiting to complete my 2 years on 8th May 2020 so that I can update my profile to 2 years of work experience will increase my score to 464.
However, I got my invitation on 9th April and when I logged in, my score was changed to 464 automatically. Someone from this forum told me that it is absolutely safe to accept the invitation as long as I accept it after completing 2 years.
I will really appreciate it if someone can really share any similar experience.
And also, Is it safe to get medical done and police certificate before 8th May because both PCC and medical test must be dated.

Thanks,

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
There is no advantage for Canada to prioritize FSW over PNP or CEC so they won't do a draw excluding PNP or CEC. I would even argue that it would be best for them if they could fill the quota with PNP and CEC only and wouldn't need FSW at all. IRCC has no responsibility to any of the applicants in the pool, so stop with all this talk about "unfairness". Their only consideration is filling the quota. Our hopes and dreams don't register in the whole scheme and why should they?
Present your opinion, and i'll present mine. Okay? Your speculation is not more valid than mine, especially when you're not basing it on anything other than your conjecture and internal logic. You don't have more insight into their thinking than anyone else, so present your opinion as such.

Canada has a commitment to fairness in their immigration policies just as they have commitment to fairness in all walks of life. This quota thing is asinine, they want to ensure all applicants have a fair chance of being select from each program, this is why most draws are all program draws. If they disenfranchise FSWs, they will receive less foreign applications, and they will have a lower quality pool to draw from in the future. That only hurts their long term objectives. If you have such a cynical view of the country's immigration practices, i'm not even sure why you want to immigrate here.

The only reason FSWs are being excluded has been due to the outbreak, there has never been a CEC only draw previously. That's something they could have easily done before, that would not be the case if there was a big preference for CECs as you perceive,

As for PNPs, there is no rush for them, they will continue to accumulate. The idea that it is scandalous that there is a draw without them is ridiculous, there have been federal skilled trades only draws before.

One or two draws without them will not cause a tear in the space-time continuum. Or they could do as they've done in the last round, have one draw for PNPs and another for FSWs.

Last edited:
Reactions: zagcollins

harsh_makani

Feb 12, 2020
Hello
I have raised this concern before as well and have a few more questions if anyone could help me, please.

I have submitted my express entry profile in June 2019 with 446 and then updated my profile in December with 451with my new IELTS score. Then, I was waiting to complete my 2 years on 8th May 2020 so that I can update my profile to 2 years of work experience will increase my score to 464.
However, I got my invitation on 9th April and when I logged in, my score was changed to 464 automatically. Someone from this forum told me that it is absolutely safe to accept the invitation as long as I accept it after completing 2 years.
And also, Is it safe to get medical done and police certificate before 8th May because both PCC and medical test must be dated.

Thanks,
I would suggest to wait till 8th May and then accept to be on safe side as you have 90 days to submit all documents. WIth respect to PCC and medical, they both have 6 months validity to ITA. So you can go ahead and start PCC and medicals process.

Congratulations and best of luck in rest of your process.

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
Hello

Thanks,
You are good to accept

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest to wait till 8th May and then accept to be on safe side as you have 90 days to submit all documents. WIth respect to PCC and medical, they both have 6 months validity to ITA. So you can go ahead and start PCC and medicals process.

Congratulations and best of luck in rest of your process.
Thanks !! I really appreciate!