+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
That's very kind of you bro. :) It's been quite frustrating, cause I know if there's an FSW draw, I'll get an ITA, but now they've been doing other ones. Almost made it in time before corona, but my WES was delayed. But I'm remaining patient, like everyone else here.
Dont worry ure in good position. I can understand how WES can be frustrating sometimes.
we had 467 during whole 2019 , my wife's ECA route started October 2019 , TRF was ready in March 2020.
6 months seems to be the norm to evaluate Indian education... it costed us alot of potential ITAs and now scores are in the sky :D

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
I'm just thinking, if they are calculating the 15 days gap between draws, ideally the next draw should be on April 6 right considering the last draw date as March 23. Anticipation!

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
My birthdays in mid May, and that will take me to a 469. Currently at 474. Really hope theres an FSW draw before that, that benefits us all!
I read on their website, at the point of your e-PR submission, if you CRS score becomes below than the lowest invitation one (e.g. you pass your birthdate during the application preparation), your invitation might be withdrawn and you need to submit an explanation letter.
Correct me if I am wrong. I hope I'm wrong, actually; I don't mean to make you worried. But if this is true, you might want to prepare most to all of the required documents and submit your application as soon as you receive your ITA. This is what I will do too.

Reactions: Mehjabeen Ahmed

Mehjabeen Ahmed

Jul 4, 2019
I read on their website, at the point of your e-PR submission, if you CRS score becomes below than the lowest invitation one (e.g. you pass your birthdate during the application preparation), your invitation might be withdrawn and you need to submit an explanation letter.
Correct me if I am wrong. I hope I'm wrong, actually; I don't mean to make you worried. But if this is true, you might want to prepare most to all of the required documents and submit your application as soon as you receive your ITA. This is what I will do too.
Ah, I havent heard of this. Would be glad if other members could shed some light on this!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Dont worry ure in good position. I can understand how WES can be frustrating sometimes.
we had 467 during whole 2019 , my wife's ECA route started October 2019 , TRF was ready in March 2020.
6 months seems to be the norm to evaluate Indian education... it costed us alot of potential ITAs and now scores are in the sky :D
Thanks! Yes, I can at least be grateful that I got my ECA before WES started slowing down. Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. So, are you both in the pool right now? What are your scores?

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
For someone with canadian education and 1year CEC, I cannot believe there are people arguing in this forum that it is hard to get scores more than 470. If you are not getting more than that it's only because you are not putting efforts on your language skills which are most needed to survive in Canada.
That being said I have nothing against CEC/PNP only draws.
It really depends on their field of study. Someone with a IT certificate/diploma/degree might easily get their 1 Year Canadian work ex(0/A/B) while at the same time an accountant needs a CPA license/ Engineer(P.Eng even with EIT you can’t get mileage) to get hired into that NOC(0/A/B) job or have very good connections through friends/family. There are some questionable employers who are sympathetic to their employees and buttress the noc duties to look ‘b’ like from ‘c’. Even these end being eligible for CEC.

I had a 461 last year with 1 year foreign work experience, two Canadian credentials and high IELTS scores, even got an ITA(had to decline for health reasons).

471 is the new 461, except that I still can’t get the Canadian work ex needed. Working towards my CPA license now..I just have one paper left to fulfil P.Eng exam requirements.(except for experience).

It’s crazy here. Lol.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Students have probably benefited more from studying in Canada and I know plenty of students who aren't well integrated in Canadian culture. As a matter of fact I know plenty who didn't even improve their English because they would only hang out with people from their own country. I don't think students should have any expectation on getting PR, that would just turn studying into a way to pay for PR. If you qualify, good enough, but there are plenty of international students who don't.
People hang out with their own folk because...(look..you may not like what I say..)people here don’t mix unless there are certain things in common(many which one has no control over). Work is the only place/ or if there’s group work @school (forced communication. Lol.)

Even people from the same race don’t mix with their own race just because they were born in two different countries. It’s a cultural thing..(West, yayy! 3rd world, Nayy)

It’s a cultural mosaic not a melting pot.

At the end of the day, it’s you, your family, your community.

It’s still better than the communal divide/caste system in South asian countries; and all that bullshit racist CAA whatever happening there in South Asia.

Everyone respects each other. Live and let live.

Last edited:

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
Thanks! Yes, I can at least be grateful that I got my ECA before WES started slowing down. Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. So, are you both in the pool right now? What are your scores?
Yea im also grateful I had sent my last degree before 10th of March and completion is due on 13th April.
We are under 1 profile @ 467 , after that new ECA we'll be 468.
If I manage to increase Writing from 6.5 to 7 , will become 470. Unfortunately IDP just rescheduled my exam -.-
Hopefully 468 will be okay for now.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hello All,

A Query. I have sent my MBA (Distance Education India - Anna University - 2 years) to CES for ECA purpose. It reached them on Dec 8th but the status is still the same. Neither I have called nor they reverted.
The status is stillin 'Initial Review in progress' and not sure if this is normal
The important query that worries me is that what if they grade as PG diploma rather than an MBA
Can one of you (from experience) possibly if the outcome will be MBA equivalency or
Unable to understand how CES works so can someone advise

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hello All,

A Query. I have sent my MBA (Distance Education India - Anna University - 2 years) to CES for ECA purpose. It reached them on Dec 8th but the status is still the same. Neither I have called nor they reverted.
The status is stillin 'Initial Review in progress' and not sure if this is normal
The important query that worries me is that what if they grade as PG diploma rather than an MBA
Can one of you (from experience) possibly if the outcome will be MBA equivalency or
Unable to understand how CES works so can someone advise
It’s a valid reason to worry. Credential evaluating agencies don’t respect distance education, and that too from paper mills.

You should expect a PG-Dip.