+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Buddy intially even ppl who are working now mostly came as international students...But the situation of the ppl having their WP going to expire in the next 1 or 2months and their only hope is either getting LMIA and then WP extension or else ITA and BOWP..In the current situation getting LMIA takes soo long so all the doors are closed and only option left is ITA either under regular draw or CEC and may be PNP for few NOC's..Whereas international students they still have time if they finished their studies they can be eligible for WP (if the EE is taking time)atleast they have an option to extend their stay and are safe atleast an year minimum based on their course duration..Not to make u feel bad but in a year or two after you apply work permit now and enter into EE and when ur WP is about to expire, waiting for ITA,due to pandemic draws got delayed u will get to know how guys like us feel right now...
Of course, I meant any one who invested in Canada as an international student and is already here. That definitely includes people on PGWP, they need to be given PRs before their work permit comes close to expiring. It is not fair to be waiting for PR while worrying about running out of work permit status. Canada has benefited from your tuition fees, and by studying in Canada you have integrated well into Canadian culture hence obviously such students/ex-students deserve to have some certainty about their future in Canada

Reactions: newbiealpha

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Of course, I meant any one who invested in Canada as an international student and is already here. That definitely includes people on PGWP, they need to be given PRs before their work permit comes close to expiring. It is not fair to be waiting for PR while worrying about running out of work permit status. Canada has benefited from your tuition fees, and by studying in Canada you have integrated well into Canadian culture hence obviously such students/ex-students deserve to have some certainty about their future in Canada
I dont know whether its your assumption or you might have come across ppl "waiting for PR while worrying about thier current status expiring", in my personal case im in pool 1.8yrs ahead of my WP expiration and its hard to have score of 465-470+ with no foreign exp and only 1 yr of CEC exp that doesnt seem to me like waiting for my PR until the last moment...there are many students like me buddy i have come across atleast 5 to 6ppl in person..

Reactions: alexross

mimimim

Jan 6, 2020
Hi, some helps needed here. I just updated my profile an hour ago and my score should have increased from 470 to 473, but the profile still showing 470 after the changes are 'transmitted'. My concern is that if the draw happen 10 hours later, will 470 or 473 be used? or will i be out of the pool because of some technical reason? Shall i withdraw my profile and re-create one? I am so worry now..Thank you all
Eventaully my score got updated several hours after the updates were made. I guess it takes time to sync. Thanks all.

Reactions: sisac9

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Good to hear. :) Now you're all set for the next draw.
Just realized you had the same score as me.
I will be turning 30 this August. Hopefully, I can settle my application before then.

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
For someone with canadian education and 1year CEC, I cannot believe there are people arguing in this forum that it is hard to get scores more than 470. If you are not getting more than that it's only because you are not putting efforts on your language skills which are most needed to survive in Canada.
That being said I have nothing against CEC/PNP only draws.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
If a draw happens, I think we will hear from someone here almost immediately who has received an invitation (even if IRCC takes hours to post the information). That's what happened with the CEC draw.
thats a valid point.. last PNP draw ppl commented on this platform that they had received ITAs.
IRCC published the results the following day i think. So if a draw was to take place April 1st, we should've noticed ppl getting the ITAs already..

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just realized you had the same score as me.
I will be turning 30 this August. Hopefully, I can settle my application before then.
Nice! It's a really good score. All we need is an FSW draw, and we'll get ITAs. I really hope you get yours soon, in that case. I'm 26, so I don't have to worry about that yet. Let's remain positive for an April 8th draw! :)

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Nice! It's a really good score. All we need is an FSW draw, and we'll get ITAs. I really hope you get yours soon, in that case. I'm 26, so I don't have to worry about that yet. Let's remain positive for an April 8th draw! :)
What's your score?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Lovely. I also hope the score will be low enough so that even when I pass 30 this August, I will still be safe. Am I asking for too much? Hahhaa

Can_MrSingh

Mar 18, 2020
The ray of indefinite hope is that no new or sudden 470s dudes shall enter the pool and distress the 460s. As IELTS is totally in a standstill and ECA bodies working at their slowest pace ever (WES and IQAS have even stopped some of their prime services altogether) the next 45 to 60 days, it is typically not possible to enter the pool with high scores.

I second that there will be around 11000 dudes with scores above 460 (highest for rough calculation purpose) and 3 consecutive draws can bring the score to 460 and even lesser.

Even after this pandemic, no dude is gonna come straight away to the pool with a high score. So I would say if draws happen as devised, 460s and the high 450s can breathe now.

Since PNPs are taking in candidates as usual despite this pandemic, I seriously hope that draws would happen. Those 470s had their time. Let the 460s too have some fresh air.

Not to offend any high score dudes but talking from every 460 dude's perspective.
Hi,

Just wanted your opinion on ECA assessment. I have completed my MBA (Regular - 2yr) from Bangalore University and certificate reads as "Masters in Business Administration". If I opt CES, is there any chance of getting MBA equivalency? or do you suggest otherwise. I am planning to apply for transcripts once the situation gets stable and ECA bodies resume to fully operational. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
wao! Awesome score my friend... you deserve ITA more than anyone :) (my opinion)
That's very kind of you bro. :) It's been quite frustrating, cause I know if there's an FSW draw, I'll get an ITA, but now they've been doing other ones. Almost made it in time before corona, but my WES was delayed. But I'm remaining patient, like everyone else here.